You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

As far as this discussion about the worst prez.....while it might be trendy to say that and yes Obama is bad....he's not the worst. If you look through our history there are quite a few duds. W isn't the worst either.

In the modern era he's certainly very high on the list though.

James

James wrote:

I've always been confused by conservatives and Republicans who always want to go to war. You'll be the first ones to bitch about taxes and government spending until it comes to war. And then they can't wait to spend.

Oh please. Both sides are balls deep in neocon shit. HIllary is itching for a war. You'll get one too.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People are extra forgiving to Barack because he is half black and they don't want to sound like a racist but he has been horrible in many ways.

See when you make statements like that, how do you expect people not to think that you use race or skin color is a pretext to analyzing, assessing, and then criticizing the policies and decisions of another human being?

I am not sure what else to take from comments like that except that you use race and skin color as a pretext to determine and influence your line of thinking in terms of whether or not an idea for a policy was successful or not.

Your party's entire platform is predicated on race and identifying arbitrary differences to make people "special".   You come in this forum and post some sob story about an exchange student who may or may not have been harmed because of his ethnicity.  But remain absolutely mum when 30 people of color are butchered in your own city every week.  You guys try to claim we can't define your silence, but we don't need to.  What you feel obligated to comment on is a direct line into what you find important.   The hypocrisy and double standards to which you feign moral outrage says it all. 

Your party doesn't give a fuck about poor whites in Appalachia.  Jim Webb brought this up in the first primary debate and was mocked for it.  The war on poverty has resulted in your adopted community having a less than 50% high school graduation rate and 70% out of wedlock births - more than any other demographic.  So yes, you're not interested in actual results in policy, but what aligns with your unqualified white guilt.  Your party has accomplished nothing but celebrating ignorance and keeping those least advantaged enslaved to government assistance programs.  If people of color can't achieve equality on their merits and achievements alone, then maybe it's time they abandon the moronic belief systems that tell them they can live free of consequence?

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
misterID wrote:

SG claims he's not a Trumpster, either. Obama being the worst president ever is what I was calling out...which, IMO, is complete nonsense.

No. it`s true. Iran debacle alone automatically renders him a complete and utter bellend. It`s comical how Obamatards blame Bush for every fuckup their prince almighty has committed.

I've always been confused by conservatives and Republicans who always want to go to war. You'll be the first ones to bitch about taxes and government spending until it comes to war. And then they can't wait to spend.

Do you or do you not want to police the world?  Are you suggesting that we start a war with Russia? Because both Republicans and Democrats for damn near 90 years have tried to avoid that. I think everyone knows no one benefits.

How many wars did the US fight in the 20th century?  How many were started under Democratic presidents and congress? Don't get me wrong, 5k Americans dead so Arabs who can't read or write can piss away their chance at leaving the middle ages is 5k too many.  But that 5k pales in comparison to the hundreds of thousands who died in the 20th century for causes no more worthy than the desire to liberate Iraq and Afghanistan.  Unless you're arguing European lives are worth more than people of color? 

You guys have no problem putting American lives in jeopardy when it's connected to some bleeding heart idea that has no connection to the US or its Constitution (see Rwanda, Somalia, etc.).  Furthermore, people who affiliate with your party and come from similar urban skyrises are also the least likely to heed the call to personally sacrifice for their beliefs.  In short, the modern Democratic ideology is nothing but mental masturbation for those too weak and stupid to succeed on their own.  It's for parasites who would have been executed or kicked out of their clan/tribe were this 400 years ago.  If you're not willing to lay down your own happiness and life for these values, you must not hold to them that strongly.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People are extra forgiving to Barack because he is half black and they don't want to sound like a racist but he has been horrible in many ways.

See when you make statements like that, how do you expect people not to think that you use race or skin color is a pretext to analyzing, assessing, and then criticizing the policies and decisions of another human being?

I am not sure what else to take from comments like that except that you use race and skin color as a pretext to determine and influence your line of thinking in terms of whether or not an idea for a policy was successful or not.

Quite the opposite. Reading is hard in this thread.

If Barack's name was Jim Smith, a white dude from Indiana, most would say how underwhelming he was and didn't do shit.
Iran, Russia, ISIS, race relations, slow growth, increased debt etc... all shit that went bad under Barack.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Dow Jones Feb 2009 - 7,068
Dow Jones Nov 2016 - 18,259

Unemployment rate Feb 2009 - 8.3
Unemployment rate Oct 2016 - 4.9

Here come the excuses, but those are pretty solid numbers considering his Republican opponent wanted to temporarily suspend his own campaign the economy was so atrocious. I could search for other numbers but don't feel like it.  We'll know how his legacy was in more like 5-10 years anyway. Neither Reagan nor Clinton left as 'Great Presidents'.  My Prediction: Obama exceeds both of them.  Mark my words.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Here come the excuses, but those are pretty solid numbers considering his Republican opponent wanted to temporarily suspend his own campaign the economy was so atrocious. I could search for other numbers but don't feel like it.  We'll know how his legacy was in more like 5-10 years anyway. Neither Reagan nor Clinton left as 'Great Presidents'.  My Prediction: Obama exceeds both of them.  Mark my words.

Exactly, but see, they don't accept these numbers or facts. One of the funniest is that, considering our economy was on the verge of collapse when he took office, the rescue wasn't quick enough. I will say, Trump is doing an amazing job at making W. look good.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Exactly, but see, they don't accept these numbers or facts. One of the funniest is that, considering our economy was on the verge of collapse when he took office, the rescue wasn't quick enough. I will say, Trump is doing an amazing job at making W. look good.

How many people of working age were employed in 2008?  How many now?  How many were on government assistance in 2008, how many now?

You guys want to throw around a loaded statistic and your only comment is "it wasn't a problem to use this statistic before."  No, Obama wasn't the end of the world that many including me, predicted in 2008.

Yes, Trump is a clusterfuck and Clinton was the only choice that a rational person would make.  But your collective refusal to recognize the weakened state and authority of the US following 8 years of Obama at the head is telling.

The constitution is the law of the land here. If you want to change it, adhere to its requirements.  That so many of you are unwilling to take a step back and continually evaluate your beliefs and positions is why our government is broken.

If you're happy that Clinton wins tomorrow, you're part of the problem, not the solution. If you can read those emails and still believe the DNC gives one fuck about the poor and middle class, you're not paying attention.

James

James wrote:

If you can read those emails and still believe the DNC gives one fuck about the poor and middle class, you're not paying attention.

Absolutely. THose emails should be the big story of 2016. People talk of the republican party imploding and maybe it will. At the same time, the dems deserve an implosion as well. Anyone going on at this point talking about all this compassion that the dem party has for the poor isn't even kidding themselves.

Neither Reagan nor Clinton left as 'Great Presidents'.  My Prediction: Obama exceeds both of them.  Mark my words.

I'll mark those words in the fumes coming from your crack pipe. 16

Better than Reagan and Clinton? Really?

Found another good one....

FB_IMG_1478560001748_1.jpg

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How many people of working age were employed in 2008?  How many now?  How many were on government assistance in 2008, how many now?

You guys want to throw around a loaded statistic and your only comment is "it wasn't a problem to use this statistic before."  No, Obama wasn't the end of the world that many including me, predicted in 2008.

Yes, Trump is a clusterfuck and Clinton was the only choice that a rational person would make.  But your collective refusal to recognize the weakened state and authority of the US following 8 years of Obama at the head is telling.

The constitution is the law of the land here. If you want to change it, adhere to its requirements.  That so many of you are unwilling to take a step back and continually evaluate your beliefs and positions is why our government is broken.

If you're happy that Clinton wins tomorrow, you're part of the problem, not the solution. If you can read those emails and still believe the DNC gives one fuck about the poor and middle class, you're not paying attention.

Trust me, I'm not doing jumping jacks tomorrow night. Maybe in an odd way she is the right one for right now.  As you said, she should be able to get congress to do things.  With that, maybe fix what needs fixing with Obamacare. Then, if it turns out it just can't be 'fixed' they might just have to abolish it in 4 years. But for now, myb she is the one.

I give you credit for loosening your views since 08, you're much more impartial, not just because you voted for Hillary. As for me, the laptop thing just bugs me, as does the hanging out with the Huma's, Anthony Weiners, and Debbie Wasserman Shultz's of the world. I feel this was the year for a 3rd party candidate, my guess is Hillary has essenitally been running for President since 2000 (Prolly had a discussion in 98 with Bill after the Monica Lewinksy scandal where she said "I'll stand with you, but I want to become President" to which he followed along). Anyway, they were not going to let anyone get in their way.  And I think everyone who could've run 3rd party knew that, and backed down.  Plus the $$ she had behind her, the Rand Pauls, Jeb Bush's, Mitts etc just knew they didn't have.  I'll still say I did like Kasich, he was overlooked in the Republican Primary, imho at least. Trump & Cruz were going full crazy by the end. He was just overshadowed.

Board footer