You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

The average person can't do anything. We're beyond picking up plastic on the side of the road. It's infected our entire planet. Each batch of goods coming from China on a boat uses enough fuel as thousands of cars. Rich people fly private Jets eating caviar and ribeye steaks telling me not to fly and eat less meat.

Yes the earth is dying. If/when the clathrate gun fires it's all over.

Instead of taxing the plebes, lead by example or shut the fuck up and let it all burn.

James

James wrote:

Saw this today. I laughed.

m89r1tzxkz531.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=7d89a2911560f70498326ba58139a9bf26dbb47e

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

People are already calling her the new Che Guevara.

Jesus wept....

Someone who sails the world in a yacht and flies on private planes is not going to give me advice on how much gas goes into my car.

She doesn't use planes....

To folk attacking her, attack the content of her words - don't just say it's hysterical, actually say which parts are incorrect. Don't just attack the fact that she's 16 year old girl with aspergers.

She frequently agrees with all of you about one thing: It is ridiculous that a 16 year old girl is having to tell those who run the world to listen to the science.

I do feel bad for her though, it isn't great for someone her age to be getting this kind of attention and adulation, but she does actually seem to be handling it well at least.

James

James wrote:

A rich family doesn't fly? I find that hard to believe.

We're constantly bombarded by propaganda from all sides, manufactured outrage, hypernormalisation, and I'm sick of it.

If her and those pushing her want me to take her seriously, like I said, lead by example. Sell that yacht and donate the proceeds to a worthy cause. We know they're not going to because that would inconvenience them. Only plebes deserve inconvenience.

Don't lump me in with deniers. I know the earth is fucked and we're probably already past the point of no return. When the clathrate gun fires, it seals our fate. The earth will become an unfathomable h'ell like Venus.

I'm just not gonna worship some little out of touch tart telling me what to do.

Her Asperger's is irrelevant to me. Replace her with Chloe Moretz and I will say the same thing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

People are already calling her the new Che Guevara.

Jesus wept....

Someone who sails the world in a yacht and flies on private planes is not going to give me advice on how much gas goes into my car.

She doesn't use planes....

To folk attacking her, attack the content of her words - don't just say it's hysterical, actually say which parts are incorrect. Don't just attack the fact that she's 16 year old girl with aspergers.

She frequently agrees with all of you about one thing: It is ridiculous that a 16 year old girl is having to tell those who run the world to listen to the science.

I do feel bad for her though, it isn't great for someone her age to be getting this kind of attention and adulation, but she does actually seem to be handling it well at least.

But how do we know she's handling it well?

What she's saying is hysterical. They're terrifying children and literally turning them neurotic. They're using her simply daring someone to question what she says so they can attack and dismiss any counter argument, because she's a child. She speaks in overblown generalities, not facts. The technology is not there to put us all solely on wind and solar.

misterID

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well we have a president that acts like a child so maybe that’s the right idea.

Besides, no one is listening to the science or the facts, so maybe a kid would work?

No, we are listening, we just have different opinions on how to address it. If you question anything that doesn't fall in line with their commandments, you're a denier. The world is not ending in twelve years. There's nothing that says we only have twelve years. In any case, we're already getting cleaner every year. But if we don't eliminate fossil fuels it doesn't count. And we still have not admitted a lot of this comes down to the money green energy companies are pumping into this debate. We know the coal companies do.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You know who's having a good day? This guy.

EFQhCugWwAUiYog?format=jpg&name=small

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Nor do they ever address how their own policies increase the amount of CO2. What happens when we bring in millions of destitute people from Central America to the US?  How much does their carbon foot print increase?  What happens when people in their 40s have a 3rd child?

http://terra.oregonstate.edu/2011/05/one-less-child/

We could dramatically cut carbon emissions by building nuclear plants. But guess who opposes that? Wind and solar aren’t replacements for fossil fuels. They’re not, and anyone claiming they are is an idiot.

That’s why the Green New Deal is estimated to cost the global GDP several times over, and that’s just for the US. What about the other 95% of the world?

Not a single climate model has been accurate. Not a single one. Virtually every prediction has been false (much like those who claimed treason and collusion and will latch on to anything without evidence to justify their fantasies), and if people really thought the world is ending in 10 years, why are they still investing in their 401k or having children?

If people really feel climate change is a threat, they wouldn’t oppose nuclear and wouldn’t advocated tens on millions of poor migrants from the third would be handed a car and air conditioner in the first world.

It’s a power grab, no more, no less.

James

James wrote:

there's nothing that says we only have twelve years

Absolutely. What's going on is unprecedented in scale but the debate has to be rational.

Even if the clathrate gun fires tomorrow(unlikely) and that's worst case extinction scenario...it would take longer than 12 years to kill the planet.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:

there's nothing that says we only have twelve years

Absolutely. What's going on is unprecedented in scale but the debate has to be rational.

Even if the clathrate gun fires tomorrow(unlikely) and that's worst case extinction scenario...it would take longer than 12 years to kill the planet.

Or that people above sea level, away from the coast and in a northern latitude would be fine. It’s just a coincidence the biggest advocates of radical change to halt climate change live in sky rises and mansions on the shore.

Board footer