You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

That's a good point. Al Gore just bought a mansion in Oregon for fucks sake.

King climate change doesn't seem to worried.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Solar can help by people putting panels on their roofs. Solar plants don't work, they can't store the energy, they'd literally have to be the size of cities to power a single city. The irony is the heat solar plants generate. They literally incinerate birds, bats and insects that fly over them, and the fact the land it takes can destroy our ecosystems. Don't get me started on wind turbines. I'm interested in Co2 collection/storage.

Any REAL climate scientists will tell you that there is only one clean energy that can supply the energy we need, and is affordable, and that's nuclear.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Yea, solar is nice if you’re in a temperate region with open skies facing north/south. A lot of houses around me have them, but I don’t consider it a sound investment. You’re talking decades to break even, and most solar panels are below 50% efficiency within the first decade. Manufacturing and installation have to considered. To say nothing of the reality solar is primarily made in China and I don’t know if pumping billions into the biggest threat to western supremacy is a good idea.

But solar is useless in the urban centers where progressives and the bulk of climate hysterics reside. Putting solar panels on every NYC skyscraper isn’t going to power the city.

Yes, nuclear is the best option at the present. But rather than redesigning the world economy so twitter can pat themselves on the back, why don’t we invest in Fusion?  Like a hundred billion dollar project to create it like we did with the manhattan project. There’s a joint nation venture expected to go live in France in 2 years that’s supposedly going to create the world’s first sustained reactor.  I’m all for that, but the US and any allied nation that really cares about energy policy should be pumping hundreds of billions into creating reactors that will be state owned and provide essentially free energy with no emissions. It’s not a pipe dream. The math and physics support it. We can end the majority of carbon emissions within 30 years if we can create a functioning reactor in the next 5. And best of all, fusion will run on the excess sea water that will drown us all in the next 12 years. big_smile

Randall Flagg

Let’s see the transcript.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The reason we don't have a viable solution to climate change is that the powers that be don't want one.  They are making a killing selling the fairy tale that's changed from global cooling to global warming to climate change in my lifetime (or maybe just before).  Most the things that were predicted by the science experts happened, but nowhere near to the extent that was predicted.  Cities aren't under water.  The world isn't doomed (yet).  Very few people don't think climate change is real; what people don't believe is all of the doomsday scenarios that keep getting thrown out and never happen.  They also don't agree with the "why" the climate is changing.  Those are reasonable doubts to have, but the left automatically dismiss them as stupid or not listening to science.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Another good point. A few years ago scientists started noticing that the solar system itself is heating up and we may be entering an unusual solar cycle.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Interesting if true. (She's a cnn wh reporter, so may have some insight/tips)

Randall Flagg

If Trump said "If you don't investigate Biden and his son, we'll withhold aide", that's a problem and is unacceptable.  But after the Mueller report which absolutely exonerated Trump from claims of collusion, and the countless bogus articles and claims pushed by partisan Democrats, I have to wait for actual evidence.  None of the democrats have seen the report, and every article I've read has said not only was the whistleblower repeating 3rd hand information (they never saw the transcript), they're a partisan as well.  The IG report says Comey acted inappropriately - he leaked information to get an independent counsel that eventually found "no evidence" that any American worked with Russia.  We had members of congress and the media spreading lies about attacks on our election system, and at the end of the day, Russia spent 100k on Facebook advertisements and this is somehow the reason Hillary lost?  You have to be really ignorant to buy into that.

So yea, if the transcript comes out and Trump threatened to withhold aide unless they investigated his political opponent, impeachment needs to be considered.  But the way Nadler and Schiff and the myriad of other low level congressional Dems have handled themselves the past 2 years, they have zero confidence from me. 

But Hillary can delete 30k emails, destroy evidence under subpoena, hire a foreign agent to create a dossier that has been universally debunked or lacks a single shred of proof to support a claim, and they hyper partisans remain silent.  I have no use for those people and don't believe they give a fuck about democracy, the rule of law, and above all else - the constitution.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, its over.

This is worse than Nixon. He asked his personal lawyer, Guiliani, AND AG Barr to assist in working with Ukraine on specifically the Biden  investigation.

Board footer