You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Then Bernie should shack up with AOC. It would be a two horse race.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

She can’t be his VP, she’s not 35.

Randall Flagg

I’m fully on the Bloomberg train. No one else can beat Trump. Picking Clinton would be a mistake, because the Bernie portion of the party definitely stays home if she’s on the ticket. Harris would be a smart VP choice.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Are we sure that there are age requirements for a VP? I know there are for President but not vice.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Are we sure that there are age requirements for a VP? I know there are for President but not vice.

I think its "assumed" since VP could replace the President, the requirement follows, but it isnt written that way.

I may be wrong on that.

Randall Flagg

The 12th amendment says:

“ But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.”

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I'm going back and forth on Sanders and Bloomberg.

I need to be convinced that a moderate can win. If a moderate can win, why didn't Hillary?

It seems the evidence today points to a pretty overwhelming Sanders delegate victory. But maybe this is because Biden was supposed to be that guy and he clearly isn't. Honestly, this is the perception I've kind of always had of him. He just seems like a bit of a goof to me. I really don't put much stock in his age. He's just kind of aloof.

We'll see I guess...I never saw Mayor Pete doing so well in Iowa so he's not to be counted out.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can't believe how this is going, and I can't believe I'm saying it, but if the rumors are true and Bloomberg announces Hillary as his VP here soon, it's over. Bloomberg gets the nomination.

If that happens it will be a repeat of 2016 with Bernie supporters staying home...can you imagine how pissed they would be?

Oh, and Bloomberg won't survive a year in the role if by some miracle he wins.  He'll fall to the Clinton Curse.

The problem with these so called 'moderates' is they have nothing to offer the youth vote. I mean why the hell should they care about what the moderates have to offer? The only politician that seems to be pandering to the youth vote is Bernie imho. He also seems to be the one that will get a few of those people who don't vote off the couch. 50% of people don't vote in this country...and I don't blame them. No one is speaking to them. No one has anything to offer them.

It seems the Republicans have done a really good job minimizing the voting population lately.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The youth vote doesn't vote, so fuck trying to coddle them. Adults matter.

Hillary BEAT Sanders handedly, after pulling her left. Trump ran as a populist, which is a form of centrism. So, there you go.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The youth vote doesn't vote, so fuck trying to coddle them. Adults matter.

Hillary BEAT Sanders handedly, after pulling her left. Trump ran as a populist, which is a form of centrism. So, there you go.

Hillary beat Sanders with superdelegates and DNC manipulation.

Board footer