You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

That’s simply not true.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/grap … e-tracker/

Yes, without the super delegates, Clinton was approx 100 delegates from having the nomination sealed. But without his super delegates, Sanders was about 500 short. Super delegates were part of the process, so it’s not cheating that 600/700 super delegates chose Clinton over Sanders - someone that has never been part of the DNC.

Do you really think that a brokered convention would have supported Sanders over Clinton?  Again, the super delegates answer that question.

But your belief is common, and is the primary reason Democrats will lose in November. People like you won’t vote, and Bloomberg will lose to Trump.

Yes, Clinton took over the DNC prior to the primary. But she did that because she was the primary fund raiser for the party. That’s not manipulation. That’s serving the party’s best interest. Who do people think will be running Sanders staff in the unlikely event he wins. You guys think no one wants to work for Trump, but who is going to run the government under Sanders. Expect even more OpEds and sleazy resistance types if Bernie wins.

There was no way Bernie was going to win in 2016. And quite frankly, if it wasn’t the reality that 20 people ran for the nomination this year, with what - 8 left, Sanders wouldn’t be in the running. 70% of Democratic voters don’t support him. He’s hit his cap. The only question is whether he’ll stick around long enough to keep Bloomberg from sealing the nomination outright. But again, who will the party support in July at the convention?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The youth vote doesn't vote, so fuck trying to coddle them. Adults matter.

Hillary BEAT Sanders handedly, after pulling her left. Trump ran as a populist, which is a form of centrism. So, there you go.

Hillary beat Sanders with superdelegates and DNC manipulation.

That's not true, she won the most votes and BERNIE IS NOT A DEMOCRAT.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That’s simply not true.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/grap … e-tracker/

Yes, without the super delegates, Clinton was approx 100 delegates from having the nomination sealed. But without his super delegates, Sanders was about 500 short. Super delegates were part of the process, so it’s not cheating that 600/700 super delegates chose Clinton over Sanders - someone that has never been part of the DNC.

Do you really think that a brokered convention would have supported Sanders over Clinton?  Again, the super delegates answer that question.

But your belief is common, and is the primary reason Democrats will lose in November. People like you won’t vote, and Bloomberg will lose to Trump.

Yes, Clinton took over the DNC prior to the primary. But she did that because she was the primary fund raiser for the party. That’s not manipulation. That’s serving the party’s best interest. Who do people think will be running Sanders staff in the unlikely event he wins. You guys think no one wants to work for Trump, but who is going to run the government under Sanders. Expect even more OpEds and sleazy resistance types if Bernie wins.

There was no way Bernie was going to win in 2016. And quite frankly, if it wasn’t the reality that 20 people ran for the nomination this year, with what - 8 left, Sanders wouldn’t be in the running. 70% of Democratic voters don’t support him. He’s hit his cap. The only question is whether he’ll stick around long enough to keep Bloomberg from sealing the nomination outright. But again, who will the party support in July at the convention?

Bernie had 47 super delegates. Seems a disproportionate amount compared to Clinton. It’s a much closer race before you include the superdelegates. It’s such a significant portion of the left that you can’t just ignore it.

If it’s Bloomberg/Clinton...I’ll support it....IF....and it’s a big IF....Sanders declares as a Democrat....then this gets real.

How can we on the left ignore such a large contingent of the left?

Also Trump being random and unpredictable doesn’t make him a centrist in my eyes.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The youth vote doesn't vote, so fuck trying to coddle them. Adults matter.

Hillary BEAT Sanders handedly, after pulling her left. Trump ran as a populist, which is a form of centrism. So, there you go.

Hillary beat Sanders with superdelegates and DNC manipulation.

That's not true, she won the most votes and BERNIE IS NOT A DEMOCRAT.

Yes....this was actually a selling point. I get it. Bernie caucuses with Dems.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Bernie will not pass a single thing he's promised.
#NeverBernie

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

#NeverBernie

What has trump passed that he’s promised? Tax cuts?

What’s your point?

It’d be nice if any of my federal states tax money went to something i supported other than a bloated military.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

#NeverBernie

I can't understand why someone doesn't just call him out on that. Hillary should have early on. It'd take 60 votes to pass Medicare for All, just like it took 60 for ACA, and that almost didn't happen with a dying Ted Kennedy. It'd be hard to get all Dems to vote for something that radical & controversial, let alone 5-10 Repubs.

BTW, good episode of Frontline airs on PBS tonight, seems it takes a look at Amazon:  https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/amazon-empire/

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

#NeverBernie

What’s your point?

It’d be nice if any of my federal states tax money went to something i supported other than a bloated military.

Who cares about Trump? Don't you want something accomplished? Even in some imaginary world where he could get what he wanted he would destroy the economy, I mean, that's not even arguable when you're talking about completely reconstructing it to being government controlled. He'd have two years before the first midterms and you'd be handing everything back to the Republicans. No one is going to wait around ten years to see if Bernie's grand experiment will work.

I don't want a bigger and more powerful IRS. Bernie doesn't want to just throw the baby out with the bathwater, he wants to drown it first.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

#NeverBernie

I can't understand why someone doesn't just call him out on that. Hillary should have early on. It'd take 60 votes to pass Medicare for All, just like it took 60 for ACA, and that almost didn't happen with a dying Ted Kennedy. It'd be hard to get all Dems to vote for something that radical & controversial, let alone 5-10 Repubs.

BTW, good episode of Frontline airs on PBS tonight, seems it takes a look at Amazon:  https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/amazon-empire/

Amy does. Every single debate! 16

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

#NeverBernie

What’s your point?

Who cares about Trump? Don't you want something accomplished? Even in some imaginary world where he could get what he wanted he would destroy the economy, I mean, that's not even arguable when you're talking about completely reconstructing it to being government controlled. He'd have two years before the first midterms and you'd be handing everything back to the Republicans. No one is going to wait around ten years to see if Bernie's grand experiment will work.

I don't want a bigger and more powerful IRS. Bernie doesn't want to just throw the baby out with the bathwater, he wants to drown it first.

If you’re asking me who i trust more on healthcare between Trump and Bernie...i shouldn’t have to answer that question.

Some of your claims here are hysterics.

I think if he absolved student loan debt alone then he’d be re-elected.

I’m tired of my tax money subsiding big business and building an even bigger military that has to justify its own existence by fund new conflicts.

I don’t understand your question about who cares about Trump? That’s silly. All he does all day long is claim victory and shit just hasn’t happened. That’s all it takes now. If you think the average voter digs into the weeds as much as we are right now, you are sadly mistaken.

Board footer