You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What has trump passed that he’s promised? Tax cuts?

What’s your point?

It’d be nice if any of my federal states tax money went to something i supported other than a bloated military.

Who cares about Trump? Don't you want something accomplished? Even in some imaginary world where he could get what he wanted he would destroy the economy, I mean, that's not even arguable when you're talking about completely reconstructing it to being government controlled. He'd have two years before the first midterms and you'd be handing everything back to the Republicans. No one is going to wait around ten years to see if Bernie's grand experiment will work.

I don't want a bigger and more powerful IRS. Bernie doesn't want to just throw the baby out with the bathwater, he wants to drown it first.

If you’re asking me who i trust more on healthcare between Trump and Bernie...i shouldn’t have to answer that question.

Some of your claims here are hysterics.

I think if he absolved student loan debt alone then he’d be re-elected.

I’m tired of my tax money subsiding big business and building an even bigger military that has to justify its own existence by fund new conflicts.

I don’t understand your question about who cares about Trump? That’s silly. All he does all day long is claim victory and shit just hasn’t happened. That’s all it takes now. If you think the average voter digs into the weeds as much as we are right now, you are sadly mistaken.

No, you were justifying Bernie by a whataboutism with Trump.

How is it hysterics? Please tell me how a huge tax and regulation bill won't wreck the economy? The stock market will crash (401ks), businesses will close, unemployment will rise -- layoffs, slashed hours and automation will rise to offset mandatory minimum wage increases. And the government can't even properly cover 14% of the public with the VA, how could they do 100%? What's going to happen when doctors refuse to accept Medicare and go straight cash with their own financing departments (this is a real plan if it happens, btw, because Medicare has problems with paying doctors). What happens when billionaires take their money and leave like the Facebook kid? Where's the money coming from then?

And regards to military spending, you realize that a lot of that is literally keeping some communities alive, right? Those factories that produce all that stuff, and factories that make the parts, etc., are incredibly important for jobs and our economy.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Who cares about Trump? Don't you want something accomplished? Even in some imaginary world where he could get what he wanted he would destroy the economy, I mean, that's not even arguable when you're talking about completely reconstructing it to being government controlled. He'd have two years before the first midterms and you'd be handing everything back to the Republicans. No one is going to wait around ten years to see if Bernie's grand experiment will work.

I don't want a bigger and more powerful IRS. Bernie doesn't want to just throw the baby out with the bathwater, he wants to drown it first.

If you’re asking me who i trust more on healthcare between Trump and Bernie...i shouldn’t have to answer that question.

Some of your claims here are hysterics.

I think if he absolved student loan debt alone then he’d be re-elected.

I’m tired of my tax money subsiding big business and building an even bigger military that has to justify its own existence by fund new conflicts.

I don’t understand your question about who cares about Trump? That’s silly. All he does all day long is claim victory and shit just hasn’t happened. That’s all it takes now. If you think the average voter digs into the weeds as much as we are right now, you are sadly mistaken.

No, you were justifying Bernie by a whataboutism with Trump.

How is it hysterics? Please tell me how a huge tax and regulation bill won't wreck the economy? The stock market will crash (401ks), businesses will close, unemployment will rise -- layoffs, slashed hours and automation will rise to offset mandatory minimum wage increases. And the government can't even properly cover 14% of the public with the VA, how could they do 100%? What's going to happen when doctors refuse to accept Medicare and go straight cash with their own financing departments (this is a real plan if it happens, btw, because Medicare has problems with paying doctors). What happens when billionaires take their money and leave like the Facebook kid? Where's the money coming from then?

And regards to military spending, you realize that a lot of that is literally keeping some communities alive, right? Those factories that produce all that stuff, and factories that make the parts, etc., are incredibly important for jobs and our economy.

I feel like you just contradicted yourself. in one instance you’re saying a completely government run institution creates jobs and in the other instance you’re saying it completely ruins the economy.

That’s why I say it’s hysterics.

misterID

misterID wrote:

That's not hysterics, and not a contradiction, when it comes to healthcare the government should not be running 100% of it. It could be great to allow people at a certain income to buy into Medicaid (not Medicare) and have a Medicaid supplemental insurance that pays for stuff insurance doesn't. I think there are things the government can and should do, and stuff they absolutely shouldn't. No one should be forced to get Medicare. Our tax dollars shouldn't pay for Jeff Bezos insurance, nor his kids college educations.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's not hysterics, and not a contradiction, when it comes to healthcare the government should not be running 100% of it. It could be great to allow people at a certain income to buy into Medicaid (not Medicare) and have a Medicaid supplemental insurance that pays for stuff insurance doesn't. I think there are things the government can and should do, and stuff they absolutely shouldn't. No one should be forced to get Medicare. Our tax dollars shouldn't pay for Jeff Bezos insurance, nor his kids college educations.

Bezos would put in way more than he took out.

But i digress....that’s not why i support Bernie.

It’s not whataboutism...it’s about who i trust with the issues you care most about.

The Republicans couldn’t wait to tear down the ACA....why should i trust this group of Republicans with healthcare?

Furthermore why should i trust the private sector?

Getting things done just for the sake of getting them done isn’t appealing to me.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Well, you have to support who you believe in. To me, supporting Bernie inevitably gives more power to the Republicans.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, you have to support who you believe in. To me, supporting Bernie inevitably gives more power to the Republicans.

Just to be clear...i voted for Bernie n the primary and then voted for the eventual nominee in the election.

Not sure how how i got grouped into the people who just didn’t vote when they didn’t get their way.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll … -6824.html

This does not bode well.  Sanders is expected to win Saturday in Nevada big, which should bump him a few points in SC for next week.  If he takes both SC and NV, he's going to have a big bump in Super Tuesday.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll … -6824.html

This does not bode well.  Sanders is expected to win Saturday in Nevada big, which should bump him a few points in SC for next week.  If he takes both SC and NV, he's going to have a big bump in Super Tuesday.

It wouldny bode well  would make an interesting election although many dems wouldnt vote & Id see a likely Trump win. I think HRC would inject a short 3rd party campaign in the fall.

I think Bloomberg does some damage in NV & those polls arent up to date yet.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

What is the first ballot Bloomber will appear on? Or is he already appearing on it?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Super Tuesday.  After then, it should be just Bloomberg and Sanders in the race.  No one save Biden can afford to stick around.  Though I suspect he'll drop out after Super Tuesday unless he somehow manages to win a few states.  At this point, Bloomberg should start winning nearly every state, supporting that narrative that Bloomberg bought his way in, and cheated Sanders out of the nomination.  The only other outcome is for Biden to stay in through the convention, as it's unlikely any of them will win it outright.  Then it becomes total chaos as the establishment has to decide in the safety and familiarity of Biden, the bankroll from Bloomberg (he's sinking money into Congressional races too), or keeping the 'woke' arm of the party at the table with Sanders.  I haven't done the math yet nor seen anyone else doing it, but assuming Sanders gets half of the Super Tuesday states, and Biden/Bloomberg split the rest with Bernie in a close 2nd, I don't know how they get to the magic number.  Every ad Bloomberg runs in states like Wisconsin and Michigan enrage one Sanders supporter for every moderate it convinces.

Board footer