You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Buenos Dias!  Bombshell news today.

Can you link the story?  Nothing is a headline on any credible site that I see.

Didnt Natl Security inform House Intel Comittee Russia is interfering in 2020 election already. Trump was livid as Schiff was present. Fired DNI & replaced with Trumptard supported with no Intel experience and past has been spokesperson & communications.

You're right tho, just another day.

I had a hunch this is what you meant, though that story is a few days old.  Spending 100k on Facebook ads doesn't worry me.  The idea that Russia hacked our election (they didn't) was far more damaging to our democracy than the 100k split between Bernie and Trump memes.  Most people see a headline and invent the story in their head without looking to see what said claims actually are or the evidence to support them.  I mean, Mueller stated that was zero evidence of any coordination/conspiracy/collusion, and people continue to believe what they want to believe. 

I guess it's easier for some people to blame the "Russians" rather than acknowledge their political beliefs don't align with the majority of the country.  Anytime someone is wheeling out Brennan for a comment, I'd be extra careful.  How many times does someone need to be exposed as a fraud and incompetent before CNN quits putting a mic in their face? 

I'm still waiting for people to hold the Obama admin accountable for 2016, rather than give the head of intelligence under his tenure airtime to blame everyone but themselves - the people responsible and empowered to actually protect this stuff.  But we live in a world where Democratic candidates think men should play women's volleyball and be celebrated for it, so not much makes sense right now.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Thanks for the shout out...I did need to go get treatment for something that I now know is a real thing....Trump derangement syndrome....

While I still feel all the things that I've actively expressed, I've learned to deal with those not so great feelings in a somewhat more positive way. I have taken an active approach to this...and I truly admit that this is a real thing.

I feel like I see through him. I see no inspiration in him and I felt like (still do)  I'm in a sea of people who do see something. I don't see it. He is the antithesis of who I am and who I want to be.

If you actually got treatment, kudos!!!  It was clear you weren't happy but even more clear that you weren't in a healthy place. 

The problem a lot of people make is that they follow the Sith way of thinking...if you're not 100% against Trump, you're the enemy.  Life doesn't work that way.  Trump has a shit ton of faults.  There's really no need to bring them all up.  We all know (most of) them.  Some people are willing to overlook them for a variety of reasons whether that is the strength of the economy, the corruption throughout politics, etc...it's different things for different people.  Doesn't mean we like everything he does.  Doesn't mean we're racist, misogynist, or any -ist people want to label people that don't hate Trump. 

In my case, I did not and will not vote for Trump.  To some, that's not enough and I am labeled a Trump supporter.  To me everyone gets one vote to use however they please.

It was a two fold treatment...both self imposed...

First, I stopped clicking, reading and breathing all things Trump. I no longer read or listen to any stories or news that directly pertains to him. I've made up my mind about him. I can't stand the way he talks. The way he moves. The stupid distraction techniques he uses...blah blah blah...

The second part was...I had a son. Or rather...my wife had a son...I just helped some. Less time to focus on Trump.

Congratulations man!  Save your energy for that...you're going to need it.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

I had a son. Or rather...my wife had a son...I just helped some. Less time to focus on Trump.

Congratulations!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Flagg, your such a hypocrite. Mueller disnt absolve Trump and say there was no collusion, thats the Fox News spin. He said 'Since the DOJ currently believes you cannot indict a sitting president, he wasnt going to spend his time doing so now making the case to'

How many trump campaign employees have been ilcharged? 6 or 7. The only reason Trump wasnt was because of Barrs adamant & factually incorrect stance. Barrs likely to quit soon, he cant even coverup all this horseshit.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Flagg, your such a hypocrite. Mueller disnt absolve Trump and say there was no collusion, thats the Fox News spin. He said 'Since the DOJ currently believes you cannot indict a sitting president, he wasnt going to spend his time doing so now making the case to'

How many trump campaign employees have been ilcharged? 6 or 7. The only reason Trump wasnt was because of Barrs adamant & factually incorrect stance. Barrs likely to quit soon, he cant even coverup all this horseshit.

If you're going to start your uniformed conspiracy shit again, I'm out.  There are two sections of the Mueller report - one dealing with conspiracy and one dealing with obstruction.  Mueller made it clear in the first volume there was no evidence of conspiracy, completely deflating the left wing conspiracy of Russia compromising Trump.  The Obstruction charge, was as you said, largely ignored due to current and historical DoJ guidance.  You don't get to confuse and conflate them to make an argument in your head.

No one is saying Russia is hacking our current election.  They said there are indications Russia wants Trump to win.  That's a fact.

You don't get to ignore the details, and inject your conspiracy into the discussion, then lob a personal insult at me when I call you out on it.  If you have an article to link that makes a substantive claim to refute anything I said, please do.  But what you don't get to do is post your own conspiracy theories as fact, and get angry when I comment that your statements are factually inaccurate or conjecture.  Let me know when you find that Melania stand in you were convinced exists.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

If you're going to start your uniformed conspiracy shit again, I'm out.  There are two sections of the Mueller report - one dealing with conspiracy and one dealing with obstruction.  Mueller made it clear in the first volume there was no evidence of conspiracy, completely deflating the left wing conspiracy of Russia compromising Trump.  The Obstruction charge, was as you said, largely ignored due to current and historical DoJ guidance.  You don't get to confuse and conflate them to make an argument in your head.

No one is saying Russia is hacking our current election.  They said there are indications Russia wants Trump to win.  That's a fact.

You don't get to ignore the details, and inject your conspiracy into the discussion, then lob a personal insult at me when I call you out on it.  If you have an article to link that makes a substantive claim to refute anything I said, please do.  But what you don't get to do is post your own conspiracy theories as fact, and get angry when I comment that your statements are factually inaccurate or conjecture.  Let me know when you find that Melania stand in you were convinced exists.

C'mon man...Trump has a long history with Russia and their elites. If you want to criticize something, criticize that it took Mueller forever to basically come up with a report that created more questions than it answered.

I think it's common knowledge now that Russia is interfering as best they can. What's not measurable is what kind of effect it's having, if any.

Russian propaganda is a very effective tool. We would all be naive to pretend that our citizens are immune to its effects.

If you asked me to pick two things the Russians are good at, it would be:

1) Vodka
2) Propaganda

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

That definitely wasnt Melania the one time, and hypocrite isnt an insult, its an adjective or opinion. Hardly offensive

Fuckin boomer big_smile

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

And if its no big deal, why was the DNI fired?

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

And if its no big deal, why was the DNI fired?

Probably for the same reasons Obama didn't release information in 2016 - he didn't want the media and political opportunist taking conjecture and spinning it into a major story.  You know, like exactly what's happening now.  Reminder, when the Intel community came to Obama with the Steele Dossier, he chewed them out for wasting his time.  Something that has been lost in the left wing media's recollection of events.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Im on my cell alot lately so i cant make long posts/links much

Board footer