You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Flagg, your such a hypocrite. Mueller disnt absolve Trump and say there was no collusion, thats the Fox News spin. He said 'Since the DOJ currently believes you cannot indict a sitting president, he wasnt going to spend his time doing so now making the case to'

How many trump campaign employees have been ilcharged? 6 or 7. The only reason Trump wasnt was because of Barrs adamant & factually incorrect stance. Barrs likely to quit soon, he cant even coverup all this horseshit.

If you're going to start your uniformed conspiracy shit again, I'm out.  There are two sections of the Mueller report - one dealing with conspiracy and one dealing with obstruction.  Mueller made it clear in the first volume there was no evidence of conspiracy, completely deflating the left wing conspiracy of Russia compromising Trump.  The Obstruction charge, was as you said, largely ignored due to current and historical DoJ guidance.  You don't get to confuse and conflate them to make an argument in your head.

No one is saying Russia is hacking our current election.  They said there are indications Russia wants Trump to win.  That's a fact.

You don't get to ignore the details, and inject your conspiracy into the discussion, then lob a personal insult at me when I call you out on it.  If you have an article to link that makes a substantive claim to refute anything I said, please do.  But what you don't get to do is post your own conspiracy theories as fact, and get angry when I comment that your statements are factually inaccurate or conjecture.  Let me know when you find that Melania stand in you were convinced exists.

C'mon man...Trump has a long history with Russia and their elites. If you want to criticize something, criticize that it took Mueller forever to basically come up with a report that created more questions than it answered.

I think it's common knowledge now that Russia is interfering as best they can. What's not measurable is what kind of effect it's having, if any.

Russian propaganda is a very effective tool. We would all be naive to pretend that our citizens are immune to its effects.

If you asked me to pick two things the Russians are good at, it would be:

1) Vodka
2) Propaganda

Let me add to this by saying, if you really want to be concerned about something you should be paying attention to the very active and overt strategy by Republicans to suppress the vote. There is no denying that this is happening and no one's batting an eyelash.

You want to talk about something that definitely will affect our elections...this is it.

This is the most disheartening thing of all. Right in the light of day real American citizens are being taken off the rolls and they don't even know it. The justification for this is to solve a problem that there is little evidence of in the first place.

This is why I just kinda throw my hands up and almost do not even want to vote anymore. You cannot pretend we live in a Democracy anymore.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I forgot to mention in my long post: A good percentage, I’d say close to 50%, of the people we serve at our local shelter are veterans. Young veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq, mostly, but a few from Iraq I and possibly the oldest guy from Vietnam. Another population that is being swept under the rug because they are too difficult to deal with.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

I forgot to mention in my long post: A good percentage, I’d say close to 50%, of the people we serve at our local shelter are veterans. Young veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq, mostly, but a few from Iraq I and possibly the oldest guy from Vietnam. Another population that is being swept under the rug because they are too difficult to deal with.

Out of curiosity, how do you validate they're combat veterans?  Do you refer them to the VA for care?  I work with some organizations in Pittsburgh, and know a lot of people claim to be veterans, but aren't.  If they're suffering from PTSD, the VA is obligated to provide health care for life as well as treatment.  Getting people to come in is a challenge in itself, and often alcohol and drug addiction are serious problems combined with behavior that makes it impossible for the VA (or any health care facility) to treat.  We did away with asylums in the 1970s, and have a huge homeless population as a partial result of that.  Not telling you how do you your charity, but both the American Legion and VFW have Veteran Service Officers that assist in finding help, and getting Veteran's setup in the VA for treatment.

But, if these guys got dishonorable discharges, which a lot of the drug users have, they lose VA benefits.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Out of curiosity, how do you validate they're combat veterans?  Do you refer them to the VA for care?  I work with some organizations in Pittsburgh, and know a lot of people claim to be veterans, but aren't.  If they're suffering from PTSD, the VA is obligated to provide health care for life as well as treatment.  Getting people to come in is a challenge in itself, and often alcohol and drug addiction are serious problems combined with behavior that makes it impossible for the VA (or any health care facility) to treat.  We did away with asylums in the 1970s, and have a huge homeless population as a partial result of that.  Not telling you how do you your charity, but both the American Legion and VFW have Veteran Service Officers that assist in finding help, and getting Veteran's setup in the VA for treatment.

But, if these guys got dishonorable discharges, which a lot of the drug users have, they lose VA benefits.

As my function is kitchen service and sleeping quarters, I take them at their word. I’m not part of intake, so I can’t verify their claims. Many of them have their military caps or tattoos they’ll show, but it’s mostly stories in passing. I suppose they could be making it up. I never had a reason to consider that.

Some could be drug users, and I can tell some have mental issues of one sort or another.

I personally am not in a position to officially refer them to the VA or other places, but I certainly will mention it moving forward. I’ll also keep in mind the VFW and American Legion.

Somewhere along the line, they either fell through the cracks or just didn’t pursue their options and are now on the streets.

Randall Flagg

Unfortunately there is a huge disconnect between the DoD and VA.  Their computer systems aren't even compatible with each other fully yet, though major progress has been made in the past 5-7 years.  Rather than just copy your medical records from DoD to VA, you have to get a paper copy from DoD and submit it to the VA for manual entry.  This is an area where congress needs to act to require a handshake between the DoD and VA when a service member departs active service.  There are programs, but they're poorly advertised and not compulsory.  They've added some classes all service members need to attend as part of their final out processing, but most of your junior enlisted members (who comprise 90%+ of homeless veterans) just want to get out because they think they'll easily transition into civilian life and just check the block during their out processing.  Going from a lifestyle where your every need is provided to you in a very rigid manner to chaos is a big adjustment for most.  I know my first 12 months out of the Army were a real struggle, and I had a corporate job lined up before I took off the uniform.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

What years were u active?  Were u in reserves or were u enlisted throughout?

Randall Flagg

I enlisted in 99 into the Reserves, got an ROTC scholarship in 2001 before 9/11, and was an active duty officer from 2006-2013

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Did u stop posting here for a while, or were u overseas?  Didnt hear from you from 2010-2015ish. Tho alot of us were on here much less.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I enlisted in 99 into the Reserves, got an ROTC scholarship in 2001 before 9/11, and was an active duty officer from 2006-2013

What fucked up your knees?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I thought I saw on NBC that Russia was helping Bernie too...did I see that right?

Board footer