You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

His gaffe was on November 10, 2011. He had strong polls in the summer, hitting the high 20s. But he was single digits in the weeks leading up to the debate, and stayed consistent in the single digits after. All of this is on realclearpolitics

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

His gaffe was on November 10, 2011. He had strong polls in the summer, hitting the high 20s. But he was single digits in the weeks leading up to the debate, and stayed consistent in the single digits after. All of this is on realclearpolitics

Yea that loosely correlated with my memory.

I really thought Perry was the future of the Republicans at the time. A tall, handsome Texan who preached conservatism and religion.

What more do you need?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Anyone else getting concerned about this corona virus shit?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Reading that it has a high mortality rate for a flu at 1-2% (which is really low). Basically, it's more contagious than dangerous, but countries are doing a crap job at dealing with it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I can see India and Iran getting hit hard, though.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I don’t know what to think. Rumors are it was released (accidentally) from the Chinese biological weapon depot. My only resistance to the idea is that it’s not super fatal. Weapons grade pathogens have 90% mortality rates, and this clearly isn’t the case.

My understanding is those affected by it generally won’t know they have it, and dismiss it as the common cold or flu. I don’t know the solution, but events like this are going to become more common, especially as CRISPR becomes more common and affordable, rogue actors are going to create nasty viruses.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Also...Biden’s strategy of winning South Carolina isn’t going to amount to anything.

Winning a state that will surely go to Trump won’t matter.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It matters in a primary. You would be shutting out big swaths of your voters if you only concentrate on someplace like California.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Klobuchar lacks a knockout punch in debates. She grabs the reigns, then just meanders on ambiguously, the audience awaiting a reason to clap, but it never comes.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Klobuchar lacks a knockout punch in debates. She grabs the reigns, then just meanders on ambiguously, the audience awaiting a reason to clap, but it never comes.

Does there have to be a knock out punch. I think i remember a time where debates weren’t about putting others down.

That’s all Trump did tho and apparently that was better than answering the questions. Trump would just get up on stage and make fun of everyone else on it and the conservatives just loved it.

Board footer