You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Ouch, guys, don’t look at your 401Ks. I’m in the process of consolidating and rolling over stuff, and I’ve had to log in several times in the past couple weeks. And it ain’t pretty.

Yeah hopefully it levels out soon. That California case I think scared the shit out of people

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

What should he do that he hasn’t done?  He was called a racist halting flights from China. Compared to other 1st world nations, we're doing well. Europe’s free migration rules are going to make it a huge challenge for them.

Do you really think if the global economy is impacted by this, people will sign up for Bernie’s plan to torch everything and start anew?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Oh my, the futures are lookin’ bleak....

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What should he do that he hasn’t done?  He was called a racist halting flights from China. Compared to other 1st world nations, we're doing well. Europe’s free migration rules are going to make it a huge challenge for them.

Do you really think if the global economy is impacted by this, people will sign up for Bernie’s plan to torch everything and start anew?

Didn’t he just cut funding to the CDC?

Apparently the economy is being affected because stocks are plunging and I’m about to refinance my mortgage because interest rates are super low.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-cut-cdc-budget/

Yes...it appears trump has attempted to cut the funding for the CDC repeatedly and this has had profound effects abroad.

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

shutout52 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Shit, I wish that was the case. Or if it is, they just don't want to start it over my way. Too bad, because I got a yearnin' to do some burnin'!

10.84% drop since Friday's close.

Life comes at you fast, GOP.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sucks, wish I put alot of it in cash/safe funds at new years. Can't beat the market or Vegas I suppose hmm

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Polls are showing a big win for Biden tomorrow, and it looks like Super Tuesday states will split evenly between Biden and Sanders.  Bloomberg isn't looking like he'll win anything, so maybe we see him disappear Wednesday.  The other 3 have no reason to stay after Tuesday, as only Klobuchar will get a state out of Minnesota, and Warren isn't even projected to win Massachusetts.  If this happens, expect to see Biden run the table in all but a few states for the remainder of March.  Neither will get the nomination outright, but it helps make Biden a lot closer to Bernie come July.  And we already know which way the super delegates will go on the 2nd ballot.  Color me relieved.  I was starting to get panic attacks at the idea of Sanders winning in November.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Color me relieved.  I was starting to get panic attacks at the idea of Sanders winning in November.

How do you think it would go with Bernie tho?  Nothing he says will get passed without 60 votes. Can they do the McConnell option and pass with 51, or is that only for certain things?  Anyway even getting 61 votes on some of his ideas would be difficult. (I guess Executive Orders could be a fear)

I think it's too soon to predict anything. Warrens not dropping out, especially if Bloomberg steps away. Also Bloomberg isn't on SC I don't think, so he'l only heading for Tuesday, admittedly all or nothing. If Bloomberg does drop, Warrens going to attack Biden at the knees, singularly on Hunter Biden, which I feel hasn't been addressed enough yet. Personally, to me, Bidens too old, he's really losing his wits, takes a second to gather a thought, misspeaks, he isn't right in the head anymore, his time has passed as an executive. If Bernie wins it, I predict a 3rd party candidate, likely HRC. Anyone else would see how much Bloomberg spent losing out to the Bernie Bros, and realize its not a good spending of money. for Hillary & her backers, it might be.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You hit it, his campaign is already planning to use executive powers to bypass Congress as much as possible. Banning the exportation of crude oil will sink us.

Super Tuesday will be when folks start dropping out.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Color me relieved.  I was starting to get panic attacks at the idea of Sanders winning in November.

How do you think it would go with Bernie tho?  Nothing he says will get passed without 60 votes. Can they do the McConnell option and pass with 51, or is that only for certain things?  Anyway even getting 61 votes on some of his ideas would be difficult. (I guess Executive Orders could be a fear)

I think it's too soon to predict anything. Warrens not dropping out, especially if Bloomberg steps away. Also Bloomberg isn't on SC I don't think, so he'l only heading for Tuesday, admittedly all or nothing. If Bloomberg does drop, Warrens going to attack Biden at the knees, singularly on Hunter Biden, which I feel hasn't been addressed enough yet. Personally, to me, Bidens too old, he's really losing his wits, takes a second to gather a thought, misspeaks, he isn't right in the head anymore, his time has passed as an executive. If Bernie wins it, I predict a 3rd party candidate, likely HRC. Anyone else would see how much Bloomberg spent losing out to the Bernie Bros, and realize its not a good spending of money. for Hillary & her backers, it might be.

No one has a problem with Trump’s EOs. At least on this board.

None of these candidates speak to anyone of the 50% plus of this country that doesn’t vote except for Bernie.

Trump and the Republicans want to narrow the electorate as much as possible.

This should scare all the status quo centrists. I’ve argued a long time that the entire political spectrum in this country consists of far right to center. Why do we ignore so many people politically in this country and still try to claim this is a democracy? If Bernie gets people to vote that never vote, then there’s no way Trump wins.

Board footer