You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Dude, Trump just can't get out of his own way sometimes. And he's awful at town halls. Seems like his followers are even getting exasperated with him.

I swear to god if I hear another asshat blame sexism as the reason Warren tanked, I'm going to lose it. Calling Democratic voters "racist misogynists" is a hell of a way to expand the base.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Discovered this article:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/will-tru … osh-hammer

It’s a month old and i don’t know if polls mean anything anymore.

And btw...i agree that this country is not ready to have a female president.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Sure we are, just not Elizabeth Warren.

What happens when Nikki Haley runs in the next election?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I swear to god if I hear another asshat blame sexism as the reason Warren tanked, I'm going to lose it. Calling Democratic voters "racist misogynists" is a hell of a way to expand the base.

Half the people who make this gripe were probably Bernie supporters too.  "We Want Bernie!!"   "These people are soo backwards unwilling to vote for a female" 

Uhmmm, you voted for Bernie?  Well, after him I would've voted for Warren.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nothing will happen... white men don’t have great luck nationally from the Deep South....I would guess that it would be even harder for the Trump base to rally around her.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nothing will happen... white men don’t have great luck nationally from the Deep South....I would guess that it would be even harder for the Trump base to rally around her.

Mitch, give it rest. For Christ sakes, Nikki Haley was elected in the "deep south," women are elected to office in the deep south. No one is obligated to vote for a woman on the national level because she's a woman. It comes down to the candidate. Warren was awful and couldn't even win either of her home states (neither in the deep south, but liberal Massachusetts) -- she came in third. Put up a solid candidate. I supported Amy, and I'm from the deep south. And she got nowhere near the press support Warren did.

If anything, liberals will be all out to sink Nikki Haley as a potential president. Because they're hypocrites.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I keep reading that Iowa is seriously in play for Biden. It’s only 6 EC votes but that would be a major accomplishment in my eyes.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mitch, give it rest. For Christ sakes, Nikki Haley was elected in the "deep south," women are elected to office in the deep south. No one is obligated to vote for a woman on the national level because she's a woman. It comes down to the candidate. Warren was awful and couldn't even win either of her home states (neither in the deep south, but liberal Massachusetts) -- she came in third. Put up a solid candidate. I supported Amy, and I'm from the deep south. And she got nowhere near the press support Warren did.

If anything, liberals will be all out to sink Nikki Haley as a potential president. Because they're hypocrites.

My main point was that Deep South politicians don’t play well nationally.

There’s nothing special about Nikki Haley...Christ....if you see ‘conservatives’ voting for a woman candidate nationally  then I’ve got news for ya.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Half the people who make this gripe were probably Bernie supporters too.  "We Want Bernie!!"   "These people are soo backwards unwilling to vote for a female" 

Uhmmm, you voted for Bernie?  Well, after him I would've voted for Warren.

Like i said...they need to team up now if Bernie wants to have a chance.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

All this talk about lack of representation and misogyny, I guess Gabbard isn't really still a candidate.  Don't get me wrong, she's an actual combat veteran (unlike Pete) with military leadership experience (unlike Pete - he was a Navy Officer in Afghanistan [protip: NAVY people tend to be assigned where there's water - unless you're a seal or a corpsman; which he wasn't] who drove other officers around) whose political beliefs are as blue dog as they get, so she wasn't elected because her beliefs are completely out of line with the DNC.  So I get why Democratic voters weren't interested, but spare me the identify politics nonsense.  This election proved that people were interested in ideas and how you present them - as they always are - and not in what color of skin or sex organ you have between your legs. 

Democrats don't want what  Sanders (or Warren) is selling, though you have that 25% who are very loud and think you can shame/scream others into submission.  That's not a Sanders technique though, that's what Democrats have been doing the past 2 decades.  Make a haphazard moral argument to shame people into supporting you, rather than an intellectual one.  "If you don't allow millions of economic migrants to enter our country and be given a red carpet welcome, you're a racist."  Warren saying she wouldn't select a Secretary of Education unless a transgender high school student gives her a thumb's up isn't enlightened or intellectual - as her supporters profess her candidacy to represent in totality.  It's fucking retarded and the worst kind of pandering.  Ignore the transgender qualifier, and focus on that she wants a 16 year-old to determine who the Secretary of Education is.  The Twilight Zone just had an episode like this last year.  Say what you will about Trump and the wall, but the wall and immigration reform resonates a hell of a lot better with America than the idea of allowing a transgender teenager to  determine what cabinet positions get filled.

Have solid ideas that help the majority of Americans, and don't harm them at the benefit of foreigners who can't be bothered to learn English (Pete and others attacked Amy because she voted to make English our official language - how fucking cruel of her!!!!).  That's how you win an election.

Board footer