You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

If you two are so uninformed on what's been occurring the past 2 weeks with legislation, and what's going on right now (you seriously should be paying attention to this), maybe you shouldn't be so quick to make false statements.  But just as Democrats are today bitching about the legislation McConnell made public yesterday, Republicans were bitching last week that the House bill that was signed Wednesday put the onus on guys like Mitch to fund paid leave, which will end up putting them out of business without federal loans.   There isn't time to debate these bills for months, and people need immediate support.  So the house bill was passed quickly with the understanding subsequent bills (like McConnell's) will rectify problems in the phase 1 bill. 

I guess I just have a hard time reconciling "we're all in this together" with "Fuck Trump, we deserve this and did you see Melania's stand in?"  "Did I mention, Fuck Trump.  It's not like we attacked him for closing the border and preventing what happened to Europe because they refused to - oh we did.  Well nevermind.  I don't know what he should be doing, but he hasn't done enough.  Fuck Trump!"

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

This Melania?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Trump: Ive been right alot.

Also Trump: Its just gonna go away in April. Like a miracle.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If you two are so uninformed on what's been occurring the past 2 weeks with legislation, and what's going on right now (you seriously should be paying attention to this), maybe you shouldn't be so quick to make false statements.  But just as Democrats are today bitching about the legislation McConnell made public yesterday, Republicans were bitching last week that the House bill that was signed Wednesday put the onus on guys like Mitch to fund paid leave, which will end up putting them out of business without federal loans.   There isn't time to debate these bills for months, and people need immediate support.  So the house bill was passed quickly with the understanding subsequent bills (like McConnell's) will rectify problems in the phase 1 bill. 

I guess I just have a hard time reconciling "we're all in this together" with "Fuck Trump, we deserve this and did you see Melania's stand in?"  "Did I mention, Fuck Trump.  It's not like we attacked him for closing the border and preventing what happened to Europe because they refused to - oh we did.  Well nevermind.  I don't know what he should be doing, but he hasn't done enough.  Fuck Trump!"

I don't hate Republicans...I hate Trump...very few people on this board have been critical. I still believe in Fuck Trump. That will never change...that guy is an incompetent dick. His failures are too numerous to count. I think he just said today that no one will die of corona virus. I mean...the guy is mentally deranged. For 3 years he's held the office and demeaned his own citizens. He's made a disgrace of the office like no one has before him. This cannot be argued with or to me.

Everything he did was either delayed or downplayed. He's not leading right now and he's calling reporters nasty for asking him hard questions. It's absurd how indefensible this guy is...but that's all people do. Lower the bar for poor Donnie cuz he just isn't being treated fairly. He doesn't answer the hard questions and he makes fun of people who criticize him. He can't handle the heat in the kitchen...but I'm supposed to my lead from this guy? There's no rationalizing this...

I still don't see how you can put this on Dems...what business can stay open with out its employees? Labor is always the first to get screwed in these situations.

We do deserve this as a people...we can't focus on anything anymore. Trump's supporters give him a pass on everything and forget about it in 2 seconds. 'We' elected an incompetent malcontent who, I guess, embodies us as a people right now. Anti-intellectual, anti-tolerance, anti-everything.

I can tell you we could have gotten out much farther ahead of this and we didn't cuz Trump and his backers. You see no fault in him fucking with funding for the CDC and getting rid of the pandemic unit just because? You see no fault in someone who rids himself of competent, intelligent people because they disagree with Trump?

He is a disgusting miserable failure of a human being. I can't look past that...I guess you can.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Trump: Ive been right alot.

Also Trump: Its just gonna go away in April. Like a miracle.

and Mexico is gonna pay for the wall...and NAFTA sucks but I'll sign NAFTA 2.0, victory...new, better healthcare....tax cuts for everyone (really just businesses and the rich)...Kim Jong will denuclearize....Putin didn't help me get elected but we will cozy up to Russia anyway...the list just goes on and on....

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

.@PeterAlexander: What do you say to Americans, who are watching you right now, who are scared?"

President Trump: "I say that you're a terrible reporter. That's what I say. I think it's a very nasty question. And I think it's a very bad signal that you're putting out..."

This is the guy I have to call president.... roll 2

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Peter Alexander is a terrible reporter. MSNBC is terrible. That's why Obama's former FEMA chief stormed off their set, calling them bullshit people yesterday.

PaSnow wrote:

This Melania?

[/embed]
Soooooooo petty, dude.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Your party just put you out of business.  And you want to blame Trump.  Astonishing.  I'm sure you won't be applying for any loans or stimulus packages that the GOP and Trump pass next week.  I think I need to take a break from this thread.  I don't need the aggravation.

Who?  Nancy Pelosi?!

I'm confused too...taking care of labor should be a bipartisan thing, no? I mean...it sucks for me right now, but aren't we trying to take care of each other?

My point is that for months Trump did nothing...downplayed and wrote this off. It's like my Grandpa always said...an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Yes, Nancy tried forcing abortion shit into the first bill. They're the ones blocking it. This is the third bill. Even AOC was attacking Schumer and supporting Trump on this UBI. The #PeopleVsPelosi was trending on Twitter with vsSchumer. The politicizing has been pretty disgraceful.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What illegals did Democrats demand be released? Outside of the 8 year olds living in fenced cages which is common sense?

This is not true (8 year olds were separated under Obama, because the person they were accompanied by was either a criminal, they weren't permitted in an adult facility or they didn't know if it was actually their parent, just like Trump... abduction has been a huge problem, but whtevs, fuck Trump I guess) but they are demanding they be released into the population under catch and release, which we stopped because 90% weren't coming back for their second hearing. I don't like it being used as a deterrent, but yes, they want/ed them released.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Peter Alexander is a terrible reporter. MSNBC is terrible. That's why Obama's former FEMA chief stormed off their set, calling them bullshit people yesterday.

PaSnow wrote:

This Melania?

[/embed]
Soooooooo petty, dude.

But be best ID, be best...

maxresdefault.jpg

Board footer