You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The $15 minimum wage, tax funds for solar, requiring boards to have X amount of seats for women and minorities.  If you're going to link a politifact article, at least make sure it addresses the things you claim it does.  Like seriously, your link is talking about the house bill that was signed last week, and has nothing to do with the stunt pulled over the weekend.  Get informed.  It's like you and Mitch seek out headlines to defend your "side" rather than find evidence to support your personal opinion.  "They're not ranting about Trump, and calling out bad behavior from Democrats, so let me google a headline I can link to generate some authority behind my belief they're wrong without forming my own opinion."

I'm starting to think the whole thing was fake news to begin with...I did not see any of the stuff ID posted on any of my trusted sources. It seems like it was a misinformation piece designed to make Dems look stupid.

Less than 12 hours ago you were defending these things.  Now you're calling them "fake news".  JHC

I am in favor of those things in general. And i also said most of those things wouldn’t make it through.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What pork?  The fake meme that went around on the innernet saying Dems wanted abortion laws & green funding including that was proven false:  https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 … RRonaJvSdM

Fwiw, there is an oversight committee, and no companies owned by the President, nor the cabinet (Devos) can reap any benefits. I consider them pretty successful, and relevant wins for Americans as a whole.

The $15 minimum wage, tax funds for solar, requiring boards to have X amount of seats for women and minorities.  If you're going to link a politifact article, at least make sure it addresses the things you claim it does.  Like seriously, your link is talking about the house bill that was signed last week, and has nothing to do with the stunt pulled over the weekend.  Get informed.  It's like you and Mitch seek out headlines to defend your "side" rather than find evidence to support your personal opinion.  "They're not ranting about Trump, and calling out bad behavior from Democrats, so let me google a headline I can link to generate some authority behind my belief they're wrong without forming my own opinion."

I'm starting to think the whole thing was fake news to begin with...I did not see any of the stuff ID posted on any of my trusted sources. It seems like it was a misinformation piece designed to make Dems look stupid.

Nope, it still has to go back through Congress and Nancy's demands.

Your trusted sources are obviously left wing rag sites. Pick better sources.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What pork?  The fake meme that went around on the innernet saying Dems wanted abortion laws & green funding including that was proven false:  https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 … RRonaJvSdM

Fwiw, there is an oversight committee, and no companies owned by the President, nor the cabinet (Devos) can reap any benefits. I consider them pretty successful, and relevant wins for Americans as a whole.

Like mitch, if you missed all of her demands, seek better sources.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

In times of crisis, shouldn’t the approval be at 80-85 percent?

It’s hard for me not to believe you’re a trump cheerleader after 3 years of posting pro trump stuff.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

A left wing rag that didn’t cheer on Pelosi by printing her demands?!

A left wing rag that didn’t print her demands word for word?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Yahoo sent me a push notification the Bernie was going to somehow try to block the stimulus...that ought to be interesting.

misterID

misterID wrote:

He's trying to stay relevant. AOC is saying the same thing. They're gonna get Trump re-elected.

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

A left wing rag that didn’t cheer on Pelosi by printing her demands?!

A left wing rag that didn’t print her demands word for word?

What are you trying to say? If they didn't post any of that then they shouldn't be your trusted source. MSNBC even questioned her about why those things belong in an emergency relief bill.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I’m torn on that last part. People should not profit off corona, and people are absolutely going to get “laid off” if it means 1000-1100 a week in their account.

I want the bill to pass quickly, as I want people getting help. I won’t get anything because I’m fortunate enough at this point to be able to work remote and make too much to qualify. I’d like to know the limit on this. This can’t become a democratic welfare bill and encourage people not to work.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Seriously, I would say *those* people are in the same boat who take advantage of unemployment on a normal day, which is really, really small. They said today it's meant to help governors with outdated unemployment systems get money to people quicker.

They're still negotiating.

Board footer