You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

A governor (should) knows their state's needs better than the president. I can't think of a situation in our history where all fifty governors are going to the president all at once asking for the same help.

Trump is not a take the lead type of guy, especially when he wants to please everyone and get praise for it, while listening to Fauci. I think Newsome is doing a great job.

Absolutely...but has far less resources and power to make things happen. For instance, it’s not as though he could shit Ohare down...does he?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think just the sheer density of the population has a lot to do with New York's issues. Talked to someone in the Hollywood Hills today who said nothing much has changed because they're pretty spread out. Manhattan is an absolute nightmare. Everyone has to be in close contact, there's just no way around it.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

A governor (should) knows their state's needs better than the president. I can't think of a situation in our history where all fifty governors are going to the president all at once asking for the same help.

Trump is not a take the lead type of guy, especially when he wants to please everyone and get praise for it, while listening to Fauci. I think Newsome is doing a great job.

Absolutely...but has far less resources and power to make things happen. For instance, it’s not as though he could shit Ohare down...does he?

I think the governor does. I think there are certain things the president can't do that the governor can, unless he declared martial law. And no one wants that to happen. That's like for zombie apocalypse stuff.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think just the sheer density of the population has a lot to do with New York's issues. Talked to someone in the Hollywood Hills today who said nothing much has changed because they're pretty spread out. Manhattan is an absolute nightmare. Everyone has to be in close contact, there's just no way around it.

It absolutely does...and you’ll notice older cities are like that. Dense. Bc of the necessities of centuries ago.

Precisely why Chine was likely the worst place for something like this to start.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Especially being such a global tourist/business location on top of everything else.

I read about a guy who caught it at Disneyworld and died a week later. They made the right decision to shut down. I grew up at DW and they only ever shutdown for Hurricanes for like a day and that's it. This is a big deal.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Ok now that Trump is parroting the tool Illinois governor...what does that make him?

The way i see it...the president didn’t lead so the governors had to choose for themselves. That’s why you have 20 different ways of dealing with the same thing.

Different responsibilities bro.  Trump isn't just responsible for NY or Illinois.  His job isn't to lead them.  He's not parroting your tool of a governor.

There's a reason NYC gets the middle finger when they demand ALL of the resources the feds have at their disposal.  That's not how any of this works.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Ok now that Trump is parroting the tool Illinois governor...what does that make him?

The way i see it...the president didn’t lead so the governors had to choose for themselves. That’s why you have 20 different ways of dealing with the same thing.

Different responsibilities bro.  Trump isn't just responsible for NY or Illinois.  His job isn't to lead them.  He's not parroting your tool of a governor.

There's a reason NYC gets the middle finger when they demand ALL of the resources the feds have at their disposal.  That's not how any of this works.

My governor is leading...Trump aint doing shit but holding press conferences that look more like QVC for Trump to pat himself on the back and hawk more MAGA merch bro....

Trump so far hasn't been responsible for shit...so at least we're on the same page about that.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

My governor is leading...Trump aint doing shit but holding press conferences that look more like QVC for Trump to pat himself on the back and hawk more MAGA merch bro....

Trump so far hasn't been responsible for shit...so at least we're on the same page about that.

Your irrational hatred is showing mitch, be careful.

You have no idea what's going on and you have no idea who is responsible for what, you're just like every other ignorant fuck using this as an opportunity to show your political ignorance.  You've done it bro, you've done it!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It's plenty rational bro...and I don't need you to tell me any different.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it irrational. That's not the definition of irrational.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I still don’t get the Trump hate on this. When the WHO said the west shouldn’t cancel flights from China, Trump did. He did it in January. Biden called him Xenophobic for this. Feel free to google it from any source you like.

Europe didn’t and followed the WHO’s advice. Their death rates are higher than ours in all but Germany. Trump ended flights from Europe. Europe bitched and Democrats joined them. Then Europe ended all flights.

Trump couldn’t manifest the required gear and beds for a pandemic no one saw coming. China lied and continues to lie. And Trump was ahead of the WHO.

Where we fucked up is with testing. The WHO organization had a test generated from some European country (apologies for not remembering), that the CDC didn’t want to adopt and thought they could do better. But the CDC fucked up their trials and lost weeks. I don’t know how Trump gets blamed for this, but if you want something concrete in comparison, this is it.

Yes, he was overly optimistic. Just like 4 weeks ago DeBlassio was telling New Yorkers not to change anything and all was good. Cuomo and  Newsom have praised Trump’s support.

I’ve been asking for weeks for examples of what we should be doing. I haven’t seen anything yet. Trump and Mnuchin asked for a stimulus before Congress jumped. It’s final death rate is probably going to be closer to the flu.  We have a 2% mortality rate as of today with known cases. Everyone agrees the actual amount of infected is many more than the 215k known cases as of this post. Some argue magnitudes more. So the actual mortality rate is actually lower than its public amount, which is the 2nd best in the world.

Now Biden wants to talk strategy with Trump?  Why?  So he can go on CNN that night and trash Trump since Biden and the nomination have been erased from the public conscious.

I’m just asking those criticizing Trump to provide specifics, and reconcile that to his actions in January through March versus some news conferences where he intentionally made the situation more optimistic than it was.

Board footer