You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

This one’s for Flagg: Did you see CNN reached one of the boogaloo boys who was packin’ in the Minneapolis riots? I actually saw this dude either in a livestream or Facebook photo or something. Somebody outed him on the spot because of his distinctive hair. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/booga … index.html

I did not, at least until you linked it.  Yea, they're douches.  The Vice article I linked earlier made mention of them.  They're a diverse group like Antifa, and I personally find it hard to distinguish between the two.  Boogaloo boys appear to come armed, while Antifa just has melee weapons.  I still haven't seen far right groups participating in the rioting, which was the original claim made.  This article doesn't change that.  Antifa members around the country have been arrested for using Molotov cocktails : https://fordhamobserver.com/46894/news/ … r-protest/

Vegas PD say they found some guys with them.  American media was trying to push the narrative that Neo Nazi groups were inciting/participating in violent acts, completely ignoring that all documented events of actual violence and damage have been initiated by Antifa types, or those aligned with BLM.  BLM is mostly good people, but Antifa is based entirely around violent behavior.  My issue was with the narrative that not only were white supremacist groups to blame for the violence, but that events where Antifa was guilty were being staged by Neo Nazis to give the left a bad name.  That's a complete mis-characterization of reality, and completely ignores that credible mainstream outlets like the Washington Post, The NY Times, and mainstream networks like CNN and MSNBC, promoted Antifa as an empathetic organization that wasn't responsible for countless assaults and riots across the country.  When the White House was being attacked this past weekend, these outlets tried to steer the blame away from Antifa and the voices they had told their viewers were not a threat to civil society, and to continue to permit their actions.  That was my argument.

If and when Neo Nazis show up (and your own article acknowledges that the Boogaloo boys aren't Neo Nazis), I'll condemn them and demand they be removed just as strongly as I have antifa.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Damn that Sharpton eulogy, dude can give a speech. I won't lie I got emotional a few times during this funeral.

It amazes me that one of the most racist and despicable men in American race relations, is somehow allowed to continue to speak as some authority figure in civil rights.  The man is a blatant anti-Semite and has supported rioting and harm to Jews in New York.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Heights_riot
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ … r-justice/

He's one of the primary reasons I chuckle when the far left postures standing next to him, claiming some moral authority over discussions and opinions regarding racial inequity in the US.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I know little of him, but those links don't paint a good picture.
The speech was excellent, but tainted after reading that.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I know little of him, but those links don't paint a good picture.
The speech was excellent, but tainted after reading that.

Biden isn't perfect....but....he did this well...

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Jesus wtf.
https://twitter.com/jpegjoshua/status/1268719321662001164?s=20

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Update: Thankfully he is alive and currently in hospital.

What's worse is there are hundreds more videos just as bad and worse been put up on twitter. Fucked up.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Update: Thankfully he is alive and currently in hospital.

What's worse is there are hundreds more videos just as bad and worse been put up on twitter. Fucked up.

Twitter is a cesspool.  Technically I have an account but it is 100% automated.  I haven't actually posted on there in at least 8 years. 

There's no excuse for a lot of things including this one, but at the same time things are posted without full context all the time.  I caution against assuming things like this are the norm. 

Worse than that apparently they are improving AI technology to be able to eventually post things that didn't even happen.  Let that sink in for a bit.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Not on a laptop so this won't be a long post, but what was the straw that broke the camel's back in US politics?  The more I think about it (some "friends" were discussing on FB), the more I think it was the Clinton impeachment.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Twitter is indeed a cesspool and research is advised on any tweet/article (same goes for most online sources) . Fuck I don't even believe half of what's on news channels.

I hope that man sues, that was disgusting. No need to treat people like that unless they are being violent or a threat.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Not on a laptop so this won't be a long post, but what was the straw that broke the camel's back in US politics?  The more I think about it (some "friends" were discussing on FB), the more I think it was the Clinton impeachment.

I think the economic policies under Reagan is where it really begins. That's when the system threw most overboard. I know he is heralded as a conservative hero...hell, I'll admit...he was witty and very articulate. But that's when the whole system started getting skewed. I think that's where the conservative 'tough guy' act started.

It's also where Republicans got this idea that running up massive deficits and cutting taxes at the same time was sound fiscal policy.

These are tame things compared the Clinton impeachment...but it's where the bravado began.

Board footer