You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I still don’t see how you can hold the average person to a higher standard then the president.

Because I hold everyone to the same standard. There's nothing I can do about the president, but that doesn't mean I'm going to act any different.

I just think you're missing the point. Of course you can control your own behavior. I just don't see why people wouldn't follow in the foot steps of people in power who behave poorly. Why wouldn't you emulate the behavior of the 'winner' or the 'successor.'

Because you'd be a lame ass. This is Nanny state mentality. Adults don't think that way.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

What do we call adults that behave/think like children?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yea I mean...this is why I don't think I can participate in the Racism thread...look at you...you've provoked me for years. You've provoked others for years.

You're a disturbed individual. With nothing really to say.

This is 100% why nobody respects you mitch.  That thread has nothing racist in it, yet you make excuses like this to avoid posting in it.  Stop making excuses mitch.  People are having a discussion (albeit a superficial one at this point) that you should care about. 

I think you're afraid to post in it for two main reasons: 1) you can't pull the shit you pull in this thread there.  2) you're afraid that participation may eventually force you to admit the problem may be more class related than race related and that destroys your narrative.  You're going to get blasted here regardless of your participation there.  If that was your actual concern you wouldn't be posting here either.

RF is absolutely right about one thing: there are definitely people making a fortune pushing narratives (though it isn't just racial narratives).

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yea I mean...this is why I don't think I can participate in the Racism thread...look at you...you've provoked me for years. You've provoked others for years.

You're a disturbed individual. With nothing really to say.

This is 100% why nobody respects you mitch.  That thread has nothing racist in it, yet you make excuses like this to avoid posting in it.  Stop making excuses mitch.  People are having a discussion (albeit a superficial one at this point) that you should care about. 

I think you're afraid to post in it for two main reasons: 1) you can't pull the shit you pull in this thread there.  2) you're afraid that participation may eventually force you to admit the problem may be more class related than race related and that destroys your narrative.  You're going to get blasted here regardless of your participation there.  If that was your actual concern you wouldn't be posting here either.

RF is absolutely right about one thing: there are definitely people making a fortune pushing narratives (though it isn't just racial narratives).

You don't have to respect me...that's fine...but I will speak my mind...

I have my reasons for not diving into that threat....if you want to have your discussion there...so be it...I'm doing my best to respect it.

I've made the argument numerous times that racial issues were economic issues in disguise.

If I'm going to get blasted regardless then why bother participate?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Because I hold everyone to the same standard. There's nothing I can do about the president, but that doesn't mean I'm going to act any different.

I just think you're missing the point. Of course you can control your own behavior. I just don't see why people wouldn't follow in the foot steps of people in power who behave poorly. Why wouldn't you emulate the behavior of the 'winner' or the 'successor.'

Because you'd be a lame ass. This is Nanny state mentality. Adults don't think that way.

Again...if you expect me to behave better than my leaders then I don't get it....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Protections against firing LGBT due to their sexuality, and Trump just signed an EO requiring a national database of police officer offenses. Hopefully states and cities provide the information to make it work.

Thoughts on which way DACA goes?  Parts of me thinks Roberts released the Title VII first, to setup the outrage over DACA. Not only was DACA itself unconstitutional, there’s no way they can argue Obama could create it, but Trump can’t remove it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the far leftists protesting each day don’t rally behind immigration soon too. If immigration becomes an election issue, it doesn’t bode well for Biden.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Protections against firing LGBT due to their sexuality, and Trump just signed an EO requiring a national database of police officer offenses. Hopefully states and cities provide the information to make it work.

Thoughts on which way DACA goes?  Parts of me thinks Roberts released the Title VII first, to setup the outrage over DACA. Not only was DACA itself unconstitutional, there’s no way they can argue Obama could create it, but Trump can’t remove it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the far leftists protesting each day don’t rally behind immigration soon too. If immigration becomes an election issue, it doesn’t bode well for Biden.

I'm sure that's the plan.  Things are beyond f'd up.  I mean Trump/Clinton was bad enough...after 4 years of Trump we now have Trump/Biden where Trump is Trump and Biden is not competent.  So we have an idiot that can't keep his mouth shut against an idiot that can't remember what he meant to say.  The debates should be interesting...

I can't wait until Biden tries to bring up the systematic racism after not doing anything about it for 8 years when he was in the white house or the however many other years he held public office. There's a systematic problem all right but I'm not sure it's what they think it is.  The swamp needs to be drained, but if Trump can't do it, I'm not sure it can be done.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

That EO was a pandering joke.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Obama and Biden did take lengths to demilitarize police....trump overturned it just like everything else out of spite.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Trump says ending testing now would very quickly reduce new cases and solve the problem very quickly...

Board footer