You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Picked up 'The Room Where It Happened', Boltons book. Wanted to read it, and it seems interesting. Intellectual maybe, a book I can say I read.

Anyway, only about  60 pages in, but its interesting. I noticed the first 2 pages in, and it starts off immediately in the beginning of Trumps RNC run, that its not going to be Trump friendly. Its not a witch hunt, just a book about a guy who clearly shouldn't be president. There's really no behind the scenes magic with trump, no bright guy when in closed quarters, the idiot you see is the idiot that is.

Whats interesting, is none of the cabinet heads really seemed to get along much. Bolton, McMaster, Mattis, Kelly, Tillerson.  It was all a whirlwind of exits as he was coming in, but the interactions he had with each all seem to indicate each kinda said to him under their breatch 'Get ready, this is how it always is' whenever something frustrating happened. For instance, trump took exception to Bolton saying Japan is essentially our perfect ally, trump cut him off & said 'I dunno, look at what they did with Pearl Harbor' and overtook the conversation questioning Japan as a good ally?! Kelly mentioned to him early on "Get used to it" and Bolton kinda said he shouldn't 'get used to it' and that things need to change if its a national security concern. Of them, he didn't seem to like Tillerson much at all, tho it doesn't seem they crossed paths much, and I think Tillerson must be leaving pretty soon in the book.  Others like Preibus, Bannon, and Spicer are already gone, and, it's pretty clear this wh was a shitshow. Only Mnuchin hung around, now pompeo, and Kush seems to be involved in everything (too much) behind the scenes.

He was against trumps meeting with Kim Jung Un for not receiving anything in return, says it was a total waste and nothing but put Kim Jung & NK on a global stage & photo op. Also wanted to put sanctions on Syria & via a vis Russia after the chemical attack. Trump agreed, then later backtracked and wanted to put out a tweet instead saying he won't put sanctions on yet, but fingers on the trigger. Bolton, obvious reduced it down to threat by a tweet which is laughable.

What really shocks me tho, is his assessment and comments about Nikki Haley.  She seemed pretty inept. He sat in on a NSC/UN type call, and it was basically her being told what to say and what stance to take, which he said is backwards from previous administrations (I suppose previously the UN Amb made more of the decisions or had more input). Later when France Germany & US were all going to stand by each other in something (I think it was the Russian killing of the guy in UK), they suggested she meet outside UN HQ for a presser with her counterparts, and she chimed in saying it would be better if it was her alone, for TV. and he comments 'Which tells me all that I needed to know about her'.  Pretty damning, but in hindsight, I can see how that could've taken place. He said she only wanted the UN job as a checkmark for her list for Presidency to now have 'international relations' on her bio.

Overall a pretty good book, it's a decent read. I wish I read Tillersons, I liked him more but this one seemed it borders on classified intel!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

So i think it’s official...we can now say all those months of quarantine have been completely rendered a waste based on the actions of ignorant Americans.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Picked up 'The Room Where It Happened', Boltons book. Wanted to read it, and it seems interesting. Intellectual maybe, a book I can say I read.

Anyway, only about  60 pages in, but its interesting. I noticed the first 2 pages in, and it starts off immediately in the beginning of Trumps RNC run, that its not going to be Trump friendly. Its not a witch hunt, just a book about a guy who clearly shouldn't be president. There's really no behind the scenes magic with trump, no bright guy when in closed quarters, the idiot you see is the idiot that is.

Whats interesting, is none of the cabinet heads really seemed to get along much. Bolton, McMaster, Mattis, Kelly, Tillerson.  It was all a whirlwind of exits as he was coming in, but the interactions he had with each all seem to indicate each kinda said to him under their breatch 'Get ready, this is how it always is' whenever something frustrating happened. For instance, trump took exception to Bolton saying Japan is essentially our perfect ally, trump cut him off & said 'I dunno, look at what they did with Pearl Harbor' and overtook the conversation questioning Japan as a good ally?! Kelly mentioned to him early on "Get used to it" and Bolton kinda said he shouldn't 'get used to it' and that things need to change if its a national security concern. Of them, he didn't seem to like Tillerson much at all, tho it doesn't seem they crossed paths much, and I think Tillerson must be leaving pretty soon in the book.  Others like Preibus, Bannon, and Spicer are already gone, and, it's pretty clear this wh was a shitshow. Only Mnuchin hung around, now pompeo, and Kush seems to be involved in everything (too much) behind the scenes.

He was against trumps meeting with Kim Jung Un for not receiving anything in return, says it was a total waste and nothing but put Kim Jung & NK on a global stage & photo op. Also wanted to put sanctions on Syria & via a vis Russia after the chemical attack. Trump agreed, then later backtracked and wanted to put out a tweet instead saying he won't put sanctions on yet, but fingers on the trigger. Bolton, obvious reduced it down to threat by a tweet which is laughable.

What really shocks me tho, is his assessment and comments about Nikki Haley.  She seemed pretty inept. He sat in on a NSC/UN type call, and it was basically her being told what to say and what stance to take, which he said is backwards from previous administrations (I suppose previously the UN Amb made more of the decisions or had more input). Later when France Germany & US were all going to stand by each other in something (I think it was the Russian killing of the guy in UK), they suggested she meet outside UN HQ for a presser with her counterparts, and she chimed in saying it would be better if it was her alone, for TV. and he comments 'Which tells me all that I needed to know about her'.  Pretty damning, but in hindsight, I can see how that could've taken place. He said she only wanted the UN job as a checkmark for her list for Presidency to now have 'international relations' on her bio.

Overall a pretty good book, it's a decent read. I wish I read Tillersons, I liked him more but this one seemed it borders on classified intel!

I imagine there are a ton of great tid  bits in there.

Is this ever going to be over? This president will go down as the worst in history. Flamed our Cheeto.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Its time to induce the 25th. The guys unfit to serve, this latest russia thing, if he cant be informed of or trusted with russian affairs, our countrys in danger.

Remove him from office.  Not being aware of or informed of this is an abject failure.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

When he retweeted the despicably racist video over the weekend of the guy shouting "white power," that didn't really surprise or bother me all that much. There are crazy folks out there saying and doing much worse shit. But his aides were shocked. So much so that they tried to reach him to delete the tweet. But they couldn't reach him because he was golfing. They couldn't reach him for 3 hours! That seems ... um ... less than ideal.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Yeah, thats a good point. Seems they were freaking out in the WH.  I read they tried contacting Dan Scorvino(?) his social media guy, who they say is the only other one with the PW who can tweet for the President, but they couldn't get in touch with him either.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

From 13 weeks ago:   http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 04#p327304

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Lol, so NYC, CHI, CA & Seattle are at fault due to their government & not their populations high proportionality of international travel and asian populations?

See, it begins there, then spreads to rural America, and it will spread. Only by then those other areas will be cleaning up from it and moving along.

This is why we have a CDC & HHS, which when the facts soon come out, will show Trump ignored.

Btw, Kushner was in charge. cool

LolWhat?

Nobody has a fucking clue, but you've figured it all out.  Brilliant!

Hey buzzsaw, it's almost as if, like a poster here, had a pretty good grasp on how a virus spreads, and that a Federal strategy is needed to contain it and prevent it from spreading, but there was this narrow minded isolationists, who went ahead & said no, that the fault lies with the local NY & CA government, that they were just doing a bad job & to blame for it. Nothing would happen outside of NYC & LA etc being infected.

That went well. 16

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

25th ammendment. Remove him. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics … index.html

Intelligence on Russian bounty plot was included in the President's Daily Brief earlier this year, source says

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So what should be done with Russia? You have no idea if the intel is accurate. Do you have an opinion, or is this more opportunity for you to latch onto an idea you didn’t research or understand, and push your anti-Trump beliefs?

What sanctions?  Should we go to war?  As long as the EU gets the majority of its gas/oil from Russia, there’s not much the US can do. How much do we import/export with Russia each year?

And spare me the outrage of soldiers being killed.  22 soldiers were killed in Afghanistan last year. Which ones were bounties?

Anyone else is free to chime in. What should Biden do next January?  Press the reset button?  Allow Russia to annex 2 more countries?  You have no concept of foreign policy and live in a bubble.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

gallery_11310_256_11549.jpg

Board footer