You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Unbelievable result. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. He has a blank canvas in a way, as his campaign seems to have been based around nice sound bites and saying stuffs going to be great again he can pretty much go in whatever direction he pleases.

Never ceases to amaze how powerful a slogan 'lets get our country back' seems to be to certain folks. They used it for brexit without anybody really stopping and asking what it means and it's worked for Trump as well. I guess both sides of the pond are about to find out.

Our country back from whom?

From the Democratic party that has been importing voters since the 60s.  No more anchor babies - the only reason they get citizenship now is because Johnson declared them citizens.  Trump can change all of that and Congress will back him.  Your dreams of turning texas Blue by an open gate of new DNC voters just shit the bed.

It's time to get on board.  The Democratic party had its ass knocked the fuck out last night.  No more pretending men can become women with the stroke of a pen.  All those illiterate Syrians Clinton wanted to bring in, they'll never step on our soil.

8 years ago you all claimed the GOP was done for a generation.  How many pundits and experts predicted complete Democratic control for the next 30 years?  Everything Obama accomplished is going to be erased with a couple signatures.  Obama will be a President kids spend 2 days on during February every year.

So do what all of us did 8 years ago when you guys thought Obama was going to be the 2nd coming.  Support the president and look at each issue on its own.  The Democrats already set precedent by removing the filibuster.  Obama expanded the role of the executive.  Time to reap what you sow.

In the end, all the fake shock and awe around Trump wasn't enough to fool most of America into recognizing Hillary Clinton was as corrupt, manipulative and secretive as any candidate has ever been.  Her name and face will never appear on any currency and she'll stain the credibility of her party for the next 10 years.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Unbelievable result. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. He has a blank canvas in a way, as his campaign seems to have been based around nice sound bites and saying stuffs going to be great again he can pretty much go in whatever direction he pleases.

Never ceases to amaze how powerful a slogan 'lets get our country back' seems to be to certain folks. They used it for brexit without anybody really stopping and asking what it means and it's worked for Trump as well. I guess both sides of the pond are about to find out.

Our country back from whom?

From the Democratic party that has been importing voters since the 60s.  No more anchor babies - the only reason they get citizenship now is because Johnson declared them citizens.  Trump can change all of that and Congress will back him.  Your dreams of turning texas Blue by an open gate of new DNC voters just shit the bed.

It's time to get on board.  The Democratic party had its ass knocked the fuck out last night.  No more pretending men can become women with the stroke of a pen.  All those illiterate Syrians Clinton wanted to bring in, they'll never step on our soil.

8 years ago you all claimed the GOP was done for a generation.  How many pundits and experts predicted complete Democratic control for the next 30 years?  Everything Obama accomplished is going to be erased with a couple signatures.  Obama will be a President kids spend 2 days on during February every year.

So do what all of us did 8 years ago when you guys thought Obama was going to be the 2nd coming.  Support the president and look at each issue on its own.  The Democrats already set precedent by removing the filibuster.  Obama expanded the role of the executive.  Time to reap what you sow.

In the end, all the fake shock and awe around Trump wasn't enough to fool most of America into recognizing Hillary Clinton was as corrupt, manipulative and secretive as any candidate has ever been.  Her name and face will never appear on any currency and she'll stain the credibility of her party for the next 10 years.

That's all find and dandy I guess. But at the end of the day, it's still have our country to. And I refuse to line behind the biggot that is Donald trump. My work starts tomorrow in exposing the Republican Party for what it is. I will get involved  add a grassroots level.   I will spend exactly 0 time supporting this agenda.

I refuse to except the mantra parade for me and fuck you. That is the Republican mantra.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Way to learn nothing from what has happened! 

Markets are up this morning. So much for that doom and gloom...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

One of the first things Donald Trump should do is try to get marijuana and all drugs legalized across the country and end the ridiculous war on drugs. Then, regulate them.

I'm serious. You kill a lot of problems doing it. Think of the revenue stream, for one. And you decrease the prison population, which strains taxpayers.  You also don't turn an entire generation of young drug users into criminals. Plus, it would fuck with Mexico's drug cartels.

It's a win all around. Can't believe it has never happened.

It's why I supported Gary Johnson. He leans this direction but doesn't go as far as what I described above.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

pF5hcsLWbpl8SNtO9Xut8MF04lyP8M0dVk8JH_9c1Vo.jpg?w=1024&s=d8ed7d4bf245498b58caf3ec3b161818

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

She was a flawed candidate, but no. Just no. These things have been building for years. Trump was just as flawed. The last two weeks killed her. Wikileaks killed her. If you don't think so, I don't know what to tell you.

You yourself said there was nothing new, nothing to see here. No? Now all of a sudden, it was the difference? I don't know, sounds suspect to me.

No I didn't say that faldor, I said the damage was done. When they cleared her a second time I said the damage was done. Don't put words in my mouth. I still held out hope, but that was irreparable. Joe Biden should have run, yes, but hindsight is 20/20.

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth. My mistake. I read a lot on these boards, hard to keep track of it all. We won't truly know how much damage the last 2 weeks really did, but again I still feel she has no one to blame but herself. She put herself in that situation and couldn't get out of it. Trump changed his tune the last 2 weeks and toned it down, that too could've swung the momentum a bit. It is what it is. We ALL have to accept the results, move forward, and hope for the best. We really have no other choice, and I hope we all are capable of that.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Way to learn nothing from what has happened! 

Markets are up this morning. So much for that doom and gloom...

What is their to learn? You act as though the Republican Party has reinvented itself.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

That was a long night. Skewed my internal clock from 7 am to 4 pm.

It happened, it actually happened. Was not just a dream. Now lets just hope he can get some shit done. Most of you might still get the final laugh if he stinks it up as a lame duck. I have no idea what to expect now. This is unchartered territory.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Brett wrote:

I don't think making zero sense, catering to xenophobes and telling dumb people what they want to hear is a great campaign, merely dishonesty that morons chose to believe. Now, when Trump fails to do any of the things he promises, racist white people will just get even more pissed off and enraged and continue to direct their fury at the same they did here. Because THEY can't be wrong, right?

Democrats have their issues, without question, but using ego, power and celebrity to become president without any honesty or forward thinking isn't exactly groundbreaking campaigning. If anyone thinks Trump is gonna be thinking about anything but jerking off all over himself stroking his own ego that he gets to be the most powerful person in the world, you're nuts. How in God's name can anyone think this man actually cares about anyone? He just said what he had to say to convince some people who never made it through high school to flip.

That's a small minded view, I'm sorry. You're painting half of America as dumb racists. That's bold, and just plain wrong. You may not agree with the results, but the other candidate was far from flawless. Let's not pretend that we passed on the Great White Knight here.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The uneducated white vote came out in droves today.

"college-educated whites went for Trump, 49-45 percent."

Board footer