You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think left wing comedy shows like the Daily Show and Right wing talk radio were the worst things to ever happen to politics and the national dialogue.

Dude, not disagreeing with you, but I watched Frontline on PBS last night about Alex Jones, it's crazy. Like, crazy people actually believe that shit. And ALOT of people do!!  People were stalking and calling Sandy Hook parents. One father even moved, unlisted his #, and his listeners still tracked him down.

His lies were beyond crazy. It was almost funny, like in a Morton Downey Jr/Jerry Springer kindof way, but #pizzagate shows you people take action on that shit.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film … onspiracy/

You're absolutely correct...there is a significant contingent of society that does believe this shit. That would rather believe in conspiracy theories than what's parsimonious and pragmatic. Usually, the simplest solution is the correct one. If an individual goes out of their way to believe in conspiracy theories and there are a significant amount of these individuals...then yes...

misinformation artist with a political agenda are absolute and legitimate actors in a democracy. Some call them smear merchants. They make a shit ton to do these things.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Then why bother with the Supreme Court?

Please tell me you don't think the Supreme Court rules based on law and not political leanings....

Also you should probably go back and understand what the ruling said.

What does it matter whether the court leans one way or the other? A) it ruled B) it allegedly has a conservative leaning at the moment.

I never implied I didn't know what EOs are, and who can use them and who can overrule them. That's been Trump's whole shtick...over turning everything Obama. Especially EOs.

I don't understand why you get to assume I don't know this stuff.

lol.  What?

This is why you get trashed bro.  Where did I say you knew nothing about EOs?  You get all defensive and go on the attack about something I never said.  This is mitch being mitch.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Mitch, I'm not responsible for your continued posting of false information because you can't be bothered to read the content of news articles.  If you're going to blatantly post false information because you don't know any better, I'm not obligated to hold your hand and explain why you're wrong.  I've done that countless times, and you refuse to read what is posted and go about your merry way being ignorant of the truth.  You're responsible for your language and antagonistic posting, no one else.  If you want to continue to behave like an asshole, that's on you and you alone are responsible for the consequences. 

Yes, Alex Jones has an internet following and is openly mocked outside of that.  Pretending the nonsense on MSNBC or CNN talking about Russian Collusion or Staying out of Office is something said by people in office isn't magnitudes more common and accepted than the crazy shit Jones said is completely disingenuous.  I don't know of any congressman saying Sandy Hook is a hoax.  I can find plenty that spread Russian disinformation and are worried Trump won't leave office if not re-elected.

Just like your stunt trying to link white supremacy to the BLM riots.  Congratulations, you found one instance of thousands where a "Hell's Angel" allegedly was trying to start shit.  You and the paper immediately dismiss that it was the BLM protesters who actually did the destruction there.  As has been the case in thousands of instances across the country.  Yet you continue to pretend Antifa isn't real, while trying to tie everything to white supremacist.  You have an agenda, and you can't support it with objective facts and reasoning, so you find the 1/1000 examples and try to equate them as equal.  I condemn the Hell's Angel and anyone destroying a city with violence.  Why won't you condemn Antifa and those committing violence?

On that note, I'm going back to ignoring you since the admins won't enable that ignore feature I've been asking for for years.  I have no interests in engaging with you directly.  You've called me a racist, attacked my military service and disability and have called me everything but a white man.  Then lie that I threatened defamation against you.  I didn't, I said I wonder what your customers would think of your actual posts, so that's clearly not defamation in linking your own comments.  But being truthful isn't something you're capable of.  You view the world through the lens of a perpetual victim and you've demonstrated time and time again you're not capable of growth or participating at the intellectual level you demand others consider you part of. 

So lash out at me, call me names.  Post songs and memes.  That's all you've ever done and it's all you'll ever do.  But I'm not required to pretend your nonsense has any intellectual standing nor am I required to pretend reality doesn't exist.  For someone who has called me Tucker Carlson every third post, you sure get bent out of shape when someone suggests that others may get all their information from left wing talking heads (as evidenced by their talking points and failure to understand real world events  - like the DACA ruling for example).

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Please tell me you don't think the Supreme Court rules based on law and not political leanings....

Also you should probably go back and understand what the ruling said.

What does it matter whether the court leans one way or the other? A) it ruled B) it allegedly has a conservative leaning at the moment.

I never implied I didn't know what EOs are, and who can use them and who can overrule them. That's been Trump's whole shtick...over turning everything Obama. Especially EOs.

lol.  What?

This is why you get trashed bro.  Where did I say you knew nothing about EOs?  You get all defensive and go on the attack about something I never said.  This is mitch being mitch.

You weren't implying that I had no idea what the Supreme Court said...that's not what you were doing? Seems pretty obvious that you were.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Mitch, I'm not responsible for your continued posting of false information because you can't be bothered to read the content of news articles.  If you're going to blatantly post false information because you don't know any better, I'm not obligated to hold your hand and explain why you're wrong.  I've done that countless times, and you refuse to read what is posted and go about your merry way being ignorant of the truth.  You're responsible for your language and antagonistic posting, no one else.  If you want to continue to behave like an asshole, that's on you and you alone are responsible for the consequences. 

Yes, Alex Jones has an internet following and is openly mocked outside of that.  Pretending the nonsense on MSNBC or CNN talking about Russian Collusion or Staying out of Office is something said by people in office.  I don't know of any congressman saying Sandy Hook is a hoax.  I can find plenty that spread Russian disinformation and are worried Trump won't leave office if not re-elected.

Just like your stunt trying to link white supremacy to the BLM riots.  Congratulations, you found one instance of thousands where a "Hell's Angel" allegedly was trying to start shit.  You and the paper immediately dismiss that it was the BLM protesters who actually did the destruction there.  As has been the case in thousands of instances across the country.  Yet you continue to pretend Antifa isn't real, while trying to tie everything to white supremacist.  You have an agenda, and you can't support it with objective facts and reasoning, so you find the 1/1000 examples and try to equate them as equal.  I condemn the Hell's Angel and anyone destroying a city with violence.  Why won't you condemn Antifa and those committing violence?

On that note, I'm going back to ignoring you since the admins won't enable that ignore feature I've been asking for for years.  I have no interests in engaging with you directly.  You've called me a racist, attacked my military service and disability and have called me everything but a white man.  Then lie that I threatened defamation against you.  I didn't, I said I wonder what your customers would think of your actual posts, so that's clearly not defamation in linking your own comments.  But being truthful isn't something you're capable of.  You view the world through the lens of a perpetual victim and you've demonstrated time and time again you're not capable of growth or participating at the intellectual level you demand others consider you part of. 

So lash out at me, call me names.  Post songs and memes.  That's all you've ever done and it's all you'll ever do.  But I'm not required to pretend your nonsense has any intellectual standing nor am I required to pretend reality doesn't exist.  For someone who has called me Tucker Carlson every third post, you sure get bent out of shape when someone suggests that others may get all their information from left wing talking heads (as evidenced by their talking points and failure to understand real world events  - like the DACA ruling for example).

blah blah blah...wall of text...I'm not reading that...

I'm pointing a out a clear and present pattern....your arrogant, condescending posts cause problems.

You made 100 assumption about what I know and don't know based on me saying, 'well then why bother with the supreme court.'

That's what you do dude...you stir shit up...when someone retaliates you act like a victim.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

lol.  What?

You weren't implying that I had no idea what the Supreme Court said...that's not what you were doing? Seems pretty obvious that you were.

Good lord, now you don't even know what you said.  JFC.  Reported.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

once was enough

Randall Flagg

Prediction:

Randall Flagg wrote:

Mitch, I'm not responsible for your continued posting of false information because you can't be bothered to read the content of news articles.  If you're going to blatantly post false information because you don't know any better, I'm not obligated to hold your hand and explain why you're wrong. I've done that countless times, and you refuse to read what is posted and go about your merry way being ignorant of the truth.

Result:

Mitchejw wrote:

blah blah blah...wall of text...I'm not reading that...

Again, why is this person here.  He's not here to participate in any discussion.  He doesn't read what people post, and then goes on and directly insults them.  End this troll.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea, but no one takes Alex Jones seriously.

Nobody here, but your out of you're mind if you feel nobody in America takes him serious.

Obama's birth certificate.
Ted Cruz's Dad was connected to Oswald?
Obama founded ISIS.
Obama is signing a EO to take guns away (someone actually said that to me years ago)
Covid a hoax.

Yeah, nobody takes him seriously.
https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/565 … -jones.jpg

There's what 330 million people in America.  You think the guy that is universally known as a conspiracy theorist troll (they're making the frogs gay!)  has any real impact on America?  Especially compared to the left wing media that preached conspiracies about Russia?  Alex Jones was a full on 9/11 truther too - who else shares his belief?  The media calling the riots "peaceful demonstrations"?  I think people should read what the 1st amendment protects, and then look of what peaceable means in the dictionary.  Then compare that to the actions of far-left loons trying to burn down courthouses and tear down monuments in between tossing molotov cocktails, rocks and feces at police officers.

Yea, pizza gate was a crazy.  Kind of like the Bernie Bro who shot up congress and wounded Scalise because he had read far left conspiracies.  Of these rioters in our cities right now, who's bullshit are they buying up in truck loads?  Is it Alex Jones or Don Lemon?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Where did i insult anyone? I’m being reported now over pointing out condescending and aggressive tone in comments made by two specific posters here.

This shit is just absurd. I’ve kept my cool the whole damn time.

The problem here will always be that not everyone is held accountable in this thread for what they say and do.

Board footer