You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

I love when people try to use education (or lack tehreof) as an excuse for why their candidate lost.  The least educated demographic in this country are Blacks who have a <50% high school graduation rate.  And they overwhelmingly vote Democratic and have for 100 years.  When the least educated are a core part of your constituency, you lose all credibility attack the intelligence/education of the other party.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Way to learn nothing from what has happened! 

Markets are up this morning. So much for that doom and gloom...

What is their to learn? You act as though the Republican Party has reinvented itself.

You're not even trying to learn from this. Step back. You seem to think you're really smart. Prove it. There's something to learn from everything.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I love when people try to use education (or lack tehreof) as an excuse for why their candidate lost.  The least educated demographic in this country are Blacks who have a <50% high school graduation rate.  And they overwhelmingly vote Democratic and have for 100 years.  When the least educated are a core part of your constituency, you lose all credibility attack the intelligence/education of the other party.

To be fair, their education system, as a whole, sucks. And it sucks because their tax base is low. And it's low as a result of generations of slavely & segregation, then one day, just a few decades ago, while whites had great middle class, business & factory jobs, african americans were told, essentially, 'Ok. You're equal to us now'. Basically left to the shitty homes, shitty jobs, no ability to afford a car+insurance to commute far to jobs, limiting their exposure. I went to a high school which was becoming a bit dated, granted I graduated in 91, but about 5 years ago they got funding to build a new one, and its just totally egregious. Cost something over $100 million dollars. No theres no silly football stadium, but its still a bit much when there's kids in Camden NJ, Chester, PA, Philly, Detroit & wherever who can't even get books. And all they did was basically open their eyes after being born & seeing they were born poor. There needs to be a better balance. And btw I read an article that PA has the highest differenctial in educational spending than any other state.

I'm not trying to lay white guilt on you, but it's systemic. And the factory jobs are gone. Gone. Not coming back, and they sure as shit ain't coming back by some Manhatten elitist who never worked or knew anyone who worked a blue collar job in his life. And look what he did in AC. He saw it going down, he knew nearby states were gonna allow gambling, ruining AC"s profits, so what did he do?  He bailed.

And a billionaire from NYC sure as shit doesn't care about your guns, making abortion illegal, or banning the gays. So there's that.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

And yes Flagg, Blacks do have blame in this as well (single moms, bad parenting, lack of caring for kids educational well being). It takes a village, although Hillary abandoned that phrase this time.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm just happy they have extended this awesome show for 4 more seasons!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Where did everyone go?  For weeks this forum was filled with loyal Clinton supporters celebrating their intelligence and mocking those who thought Trump was a viable option.  Go back to the 2008 thread and see how all of us who opposed Obama said he was now our president and we'd support him.  Why am I not seeing that in 2016?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The uneducated white vote came out in droves today.

"college-educated whites went for Trump, 49-45 percent."

thats not the margin that won it for him

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm commenting on a demographic that is consistently referred to through all media....liberal and conservative leaning. This is not an insult.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Where did everyone go?  For weeks this forum was filled with loyal Clinton supporters celebrating their intelligence and mocking those who thought Trump was a viable option.  Go back to the 2008 thread and see how all of us who opposed Obama said he was now our president and we'd support him.  Why am I not seeing that in 2016?

They must be in line for all those factory jobs coming back to the US.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

For the record, I've done that twice.

But I can't believe I got no comments on my "legalize drugs" post!

Board footer