You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I think they typically try to get thru the weekend.  Thankfully, tonight Chapelle is likely Must See TV & alot of them (young, liberal) will likely be watching and crowds will subside by 10-11pm.  Plus its getting really cold this weekend, esp at night. By Sunday night people will be elsewhere & crowds will lessen.

There is the 60 Minutes interview, but it looks like he's exposing himself more to Republicans than Dems.

Campaign Trump: "We're gonna get rid of Obamacare. We're gonna tear it up, rip it to shreds, burn it, stomp it out, and throw it in the garbage"

Elected Trump: "We're gonna revise it"

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

People should get to know Pence before rooting for an impeachment. 

If Trump is the master negotiator and he acts as such, he could end up being the best president ever because we've needed that for decades.  Everything else is media and idiot fueled fear mongering.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

There is the 60 Minutes interview, but it looks like he's exposing himself more to Republicans than Dems.

Campaign Trump: "We're gonna get rid of Obamacare. We're gonna tear it up, rip it to shreds, burn it, stomp it out, and throw it in the garbage"

Elected Trump: "We're gonna revise it"

I said that before Trump did.  Nobody does everything they say to get elected because it's not possible.  There are different reasons for why things aren't possible, but the US doesn't do a 180 degree turn every time a president is elected from a different party.  It's not possible.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

People should get to know Pence before rooting for an impeachment. 

If Trump is the master negotiator and he acts as such, he could end up being the best president ever because we've needed that for decades.  Everything else is media and idiot fueled fear mongering.

I agree with this. Trump is not my major concern, it's the people he's surrounding himself with. Pence is one of them. He put a coal/oil endorsed lobbiest and climate change deniar in charge of the enviorment. I was banking on Christie, though I can't stand him, to keep him in line, but he was demoted because of wanting to move forward, not prosecute Hillary and filling the cabinet with actual policy makers who know what they're doing, but it looks like he's listening to the lackeys.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Guys...I'm afraid we are in for something worse than the 2000 election fiasco

Naahhhh, 2000 we didn't even know who won, there was about a 6 week wait to find it, it came down to hand checking ballots & some were disqualified because the machines couldn't punch a whole right (hanging chads).  It was so archaic. Plus it came down to like 2 or 3 counties in FL as well. What was the final difference in FL, 30,000 or something?  (But there were more than that that were disqualified).

Really, that came down to a lawsuit.  I agree there are more protests this time around. And there will be, but I'm not sure it would be called "worse" unless they continue to move in a violent direction. Plus, Obama would like call for peace (Until Trump takes office, then this is his mess")

"Congratulations. This is all your mess now. Good luck!"
https://www.boston.com/wp-content/uploa … $large.jpg

LOL...congrats...here's your mess...

I just mean that the anger is boiling over. I hope it subsides but all my blue friends can talk about is how we can stop Trump...stop him from getting elected or how we can impeach him.

I wonder how long these protests around his buildings will last.

The inauguration is going to be a mess. There's been a spike in hate crimes. It'll last a while. Just read a Times article that's saying Trump is just staring to get hit with the reality of the presidency and he doesn't want to leave his Penthouse in NY instead of living in the White House.

I really won't be shocked if he resigns in a year or two. But that makes things even scarier. Giving establishment repubs that much power will be devastating. We need Trump to keep his promise and stop Paul Ryan from obliterating Medicare, for example. We need that infrastructure deal; Nancy Pelosi just said she was excited to work with him on it, while McConnell and Ryan said it wasn't a priority. We really need for Trump to stand up against his party.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm jumping off the tranny merry go round. We're running in circles obviously and no one is interested in seeing it....especially in a thread discussing the presidential transition and the coming inauguration. Our small membership on Evo is a good sampling of the general public....no one cares.  A simple statement regarding tranny bathrooms in a post about the overall culture shift approaching was not meant to send up a tranny batman signal that is in need of posting dissertations on the subject. Besides, there's no point in debating someone on the issue who thinks forcing little boys to wear dresses to school is sunshine and lollipops and is a step in the right direction. Its basically advocating the bottom to completely drop into an abyss. 99.9% of society disagrees (including me obviously) with that and if you don't agree(obviously you don't), just stay tuned to how things play out.

Its a subject you are extremely passionate about and your efforts to mainstream it and talk people into accepting it would be better spent somewhere that is not an off topic section of a Guns N' Roses community.

I did get a minor chuckle out of you saying straight people have a "fucking sense of entitlement".

I will comment on a couple of your other points made....

Unless your words haven't come across right here it sounds like you've told your cousin to be more closeted because of fear... what a fantastic society........

I never told her to stay in the closet. She's a very intelligent young woman who had much to offer. Was interested in film at a very young age and when taking her to movies, she'd like to discuss things like the cinematography, editing, etc. When she went off to college she had plans to go in this direction. Instead, she went for gender studies which is one of the most worthless degrees you can possibly get and she allowed her homosexuality to basically dominate her entire being....then add in all the SJW stuff as the cherry on top. She allowed it to consume her life and she's selling herself(and her future) short. Obviously you don't know her personally but I don't see how it can be a good thing for someone with such potential to not be able to look past her own gayness. Personally I think there's a huge element of self loathing involved under the surface and it manifests itself in this incessant need to talk about this stuff 24/7. Having said that, I am not a psychiatrist obviously.

Someone's sexuality cannot be equated with a fetish.

I disagree strongly and so would most of the women I've been with. 15 Fetishes(of any variety) play a huge role in someones sexuality.  A boy/guy wearing dresses can also be considered a fetish and we're well aware of how you feel about that yet will minimize a straight guy's fetish.

But here's the thing perhaps if there area  sizeable set of people with foot fetishes it should appear in pop culture without being a joke in an appropriate setting

I disagree and this is coming from someone who would benefit from it going mainstream. Something in the minority(and there are more people with foot fetishes than trannies and/or crossdressers) does not need to be pushed as if it caters to the majority. Under no circumstances would I think that a majority of Americans should be bombarded with this stuff. I don't have a sense of entitlement wink and/or think my own interest is the norm. To push it as such would be bat shit crazy.

James

James wrote:

Mitch...

Here again....I said nothing about Hitler....wtf are you talking about you drone....quick go back to FOX news and find out what you should say next!!!!

Come on Mitch...you're better than that. Let's not use the "you do nothing but parrot talking points" debate tactic. It's bush league. While you are correct you didn't mention Hitler you also understood why he did.....many people have referred to Trump as the next Hitler.

The only part that I disagree with I suppose....is that 'the half of the country that didn't vote for Obama' sucked it up. The anger about Obama/Obamacare never subsided IMHO.

Yeah we sucked it up. YOu didn't see people rioting, protesting, and assaulting innocent old men in the street. It was on the news some 11 year old boy got assaulted for voting Trump at his school's mock election. None of this stuff happened during the Obama presidency.

As far as Obamacare goes, the reason that has had criticism from the get go is because it continually got worse and even the people who supported it now believe it should be changed.

ID....

Last night, Elizabeth Warren said she was open to working with Trump and is optimistic he will want to help the working class like he promised, and she'll be right there to help him.

Trump would be very smart to start tackling issues that will help the working class. They are who ascended him into the presidency and he will become as popular as Reagan if people start seeing results fairly quickly. People who are happy don't have the time to waste on protests.

I agree with this. Trump is not my major concern, it's the people he's surrounding himself with. Pence is one of them. He put a coal/oil endorsed lobbiest and climate change deniar in charge of the enviorment. I was banking on Christie, though I can't stand him, to keep him in line, but he was demoted because of wanting to move forward, not prosecute Hillary and filling the cabinet with actual policy makers who know what they're doing, but it looks like he's listening to the lackeys.

I'm really hoping he doesn't start drowning in neocon appointments. Trump has a chance to be a gamechanger to a degree.....so capitalize on it.

We really need for Trump to stand up against his party.

Considering the fact that he's not really a republican, I assume he will have little difficulty in doing this.

James

James wrote:

aayTvrQKBLhUYJzb3uJfpW0V-D5NPaR8aR0A--DhBMM.jpg?w=624&s=296dab1cb6a522f26c2a535ce476957b

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Mitch...

Here again....I said nothing about Hitler....wtf are you talking about you drone....quick go back to FOX news and find out what you should say next!!!!

Come on Mitch...you're better than that. Let's not use the "you do nothing but parrot talking points" debate tactic. It's bush league. While you are correct you didn't mention Hitler you also understood why he did.....many people have referred to Trump as the next Hitler.

The only part that I disagree with I suppose....is that 'the half of the country that didn't vote for Obama' sucked it up. The anger about Obama/Obamacare never subsided IMHO.

Yeah we sucked it up. YOu didn't see people rioting, protesting, and assaulting innocent old men in the street. It was on the news some 11 year old boy got assaulted for voting Trump at his school's mock election. None of this stuff happened during the Obama presidency.

As far as Obamacare goes, the reason that has had criticism from the get go is because it continually got worse and even the people who supported it now believe it should be changed.

ID....

Last night, Elizabeth Warren said she was open to working with Trump and is optimistic he will want to help the working class like he promised, and she'll be right there to help him.

Trump would be very smart to start tackling issues that will help the working class. They are who ascended him into the presidency and he will become as popular as Reagan if people start seeing results fairly quickly. People who are happy don't have the time to waste on protests.

I'm really hoping he doesn't start drowning in neocon appointments. Trump has a chance to be a gamechanger to a degree.....so capitalize on it.

We really need for Trump to stand up against his party.

Considering the fact that he's not really a republican, I assume he will have little difficulty in doing this.

How do you separate your posts like that? I want to learn how take quotes from separate my responses.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I used to do it but I found the debates not worth the energy. 16

Just break up the quote using

mitch wrote:

make a regular quote like so...

Then put in your two cents and then...

Put the rest of their quote in another quote box, either by the tab or manually

The irony of that meme, James, is that Trump now wants to basically keep Obamacare. See he can't just keep the good parts, like preexisting conditions, without being able to pay for it without the federal mandate: making everyone purchase healthcare or be fined. Or else everyone would only get healthcare when they really needed it. He can say repeal and replace all he wants, but those two things ARE Obamacare.

Board footer