You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I almost didn't post the Mother Jones report specifically because you would blow it off, but they spoke directly with Gannon, it was his quote. But you're ignoring Ben Shapiro, who worked at Breithart and quit because of Bannon. But you latched on to Mother Jones...

What is or isn't racist appears to be very subjective...When RF said something to the effect of, "black people should be grateful that they were brought to this country as slaves," I considered it racist. He disagreed obviously.

Sometimes I wonder if RF thinks racism even exists.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

I almost didn't post the Mother Jones report specifically because you would blow it off, but they spoke directly with Gannon, it was his quote. But you're ignoring Ben Shapiro, who worked at Breithart and quit because of Bannon. But you latched on to Mother Jones...

Nothing Shapiro said called him a racist!  Did you read your own article.  It talks about how Breitbart abhorred racism.  It also starts off with defending Michelle Fields.  You remember her right, the woman who tried to get access to Trump, was stopped and claimed she was thrown to the ground.  When the video evidence quickly dismissed this notion and it came out that the bruises weren't present until days later when she made her assault claim?  So excuse me if I don't feel sorry for someone who tried to get a quick buck and her 15 minutes of fame.  Look at the video.

Milo?  That's his argument.  He just says in point 5 that Bannon aligned Breitbart with the alt right. Then gave Milo as an example.  Admittedly, I don't follow Milo, but I've seen a lot of his highlights and I've yet to see anything racist.  I thought gay people were above rebuke in the left?  Anyway, if you have any racist tweets, articles or videos from Milo, I'll certainly give them a read.  But my understanding is that Milo rose to fame with his attacks on transgendered acceptance and mainstreaming by citing studies and articles that discredit the modern left's narrative on the subject.  So I'm confused how hosting Milo's content on this topic is racism.  But if you have something different, please let me know.

So I'll ask, what did I miss in the Shapiro post that demonstrated Bannon was racist?

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

What is or isn't racist appears to be very subjective...When RF said something to the effect of, "black people should be grateful that they were brought to this country as slaves," I considered it racist. He disagreed obviously.

Context please.  I said that when blacks in America are asking for reparations, they should consider what the average life of someone in modern Africa is like.  Can you name one country in Africa where the average black has a better quality of life than the average black in the US?  Since I know you can't, in the context of reparations, I think modern blacks should be grateful for the horror their ancestors endured.  Otherwise they'd be enjoying the same quality of life as people living on that continent today. 

I don't think you guys even understand what racism means since you so often confuse facts with racism.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump faces backlash over appointing Bannon as a top aide, a choice critics say will empower white nationalists

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow … ionalists/

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Context please.  I said that when blacks in America are asking for reparations, they should consider what the average life of someone in modern Africa is like.  Can you name one country in Africa where the average black has a better quality of life than the average black in the US?  Since I know you can't, in the context of reparations, I think modern blacks should be grateful for the horror their ancestors endured.  Otherwise they'd be enjoying the same quality of life as people living on that continent today. 

I don't think you guys even understand what racism means since you so often confuse facts with racism.

To be honest, I don't recall the reparations part because,  well in all honesty it never seemed like a legitimate solution to anything.

I don't see this point of view as fact though. I see it as an interpretation.
It's a pretty unique way to interpret the whole thing.  If a young child was kidnapped by strangers who were able to provide a better quality of life does that justify the kidnapping?

Maybe what you're saying is over my head, but in essence if I'm interpreting what you were saying correctly, then what I said above would be my summary.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

To be honest, I don't recall the reparations part because,  well in all honesty it never seemed like a legitimate solution to anything.

I don't see this point of view as fact though. I see it as an interpretation.
It's a pretty unique way to interpret the whole thing.  If a young child was kidnapped by strangers who were able to provide a better quality of life does that justify the kidnapping?

Maybe what you're saying is over my head, but in essence if I'm interpreting what you were saying correctly, then what I said above would be my summary.

No, slavery is definitely racist and any positive outcome to someone who is a slave can't justify that. My original point is that 21st century blacks have no connection or experience to slavery. And only those who lived before 1965 have any connection to Jim Crow.

If I recall, in the original thread someone was trying to connect 21st blacks in America to the horrors of slavery and segregation.

My comments were directed toward that alleged connection and that people should be compensated for the suffering of their ancestors. I then commented that every ethnic group in history had endured horrors and that the American slave was no worse than many of these groups. Yet no one is arguing Egypt should pay reparations  to Jews.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

But if the links from Bri are also evidence of alt right racism, then I'm incredibly skeptical about claims of racism.

BLM uses a black power fist as their icon.  The thousands of twitter comments advocating Trump be assassinated or "fuck all white people" are far more disturbing than citing figures on black on black crime.

I'm open to hearing how these guys are racist, but so far all I've seen are unqualified claims from folks who think citing crime reports is tantamount to systemic racism.

I was afraid this would happen. It's not the individual claims in those stories, but the language used, the reasoning behind the stories, the philosophy of refuting black arguments, the dismissiveness to anything placing blame on whites, etc. It's less about the specifics and more about the agenda. I guess it's the proverbial trees vs. forest. I explained that in a secondary post.

Whatever, carry on.

Did you ever consider that BLM may be misleading?  When did you align yourself with their beliefs?  What research have you done to support their claims?  Is it possible that they're misleading and inaccurate in what they say?  What does BLM mean to you?  Why are 4% of deaths worth 100% of national attention, but any discussion of the other 96% is met with racism.  Talk about seeing the trees through the forest.  You're focused on 4 fucking trees and ignoring the other 96.

You asked for links about why I think Bannon holds racist beliefs. The tone and attitude of the links are some examples of why I got there. I'm not talking about the content of the links. It's called nuance. The facts presented may be accurate or inaccurate, I haven't checked. The tone of the material, the reason they are written, the thinking behind them, the language used are what lead me to my opinions, not what they reported.

If I wrote a story about why GNR is irrelevant and posted it to a Motley Crue website and provided some stats supporting my claims. The facts might be accurate, but why did I write that story? Why did I say Axl is a wife-beater in said article? Why did I write that article when the GNR reunion is in full swing and folks are onboard? There's more than meets the eye.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Obama is sounding positive about Trump.

GET ON BOARD OR FUCK OFF. HAHA

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nothing Shapiro said called him a racist!  Did you read your own article.  It talks about how Breitbart abhorred racism.  It also starts off with defending Michelle Fields.  You remember her right, the woman who tried to get access to Trump, was stopped and claimed she was thrown to the ground.  When the video evidence quickly dismissed this notion and it came out that the bruises weren't present until days later when she made her assault claim?  So excuse me if I don't feel sorry for someone who tried to get a quick buck and her 15 minutes of fame.  Look at the video.

Milo?  That's his argument.  He just says in point 5 that Bannon aligned Breitbart with the alt right. Then gave Milo as an example.  Admittedly, I don't follow Milo, but I've seen a lot of his highlights and I've yet to see anything racist.  I thought gay people were above rebuke in the left?  Anyway, if you have any racist tweets, articles or videos from Milo, I'll certainly give them a read.  But my understanding is that Milo rose to fame with his attacks on transgendered acceptance and mainstreaming by citing studies and articles that discredit the modern left's narrative on the subject.  So I'm confused how hosting Milo's content on this topic is racism.  But if you have something different, please let me know.

So I'll ask, what did I miss in the Shapiro post that demonstrated Bannon was racist?

Shapiro said that Bannon took Breitbart in a racist direction and unleashed Milo to take it in a racist direction. You can't be this ignorant. Milo was banned from twitter for being a whitenationalist RACIST who attacked people with RACIST posts and Bannon bragged about it.  You are holding the reporter of the article responsible and under scrutinity, because of their publication Mother Jones, so you refuse to believe it because they're liberals. And if you don't find any of that racist, then Bannon is your guy. You're two peas in a pod.

And no, I'm not surprised Milo is gay and a racist. Many bigots are, they're just in denial.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I was afraid this would happen. It's not the individual claims in those stories, but the language used, the reasoning behind the stories, the philosophy of refuting black arguments, the dismissiveness to anything placing blame on whites, etc. It's less about the specifics and more about the agenda. I guess it's the proverbial trees vs. forest. I explained that in a secondary post.

Whatever, carry on.

Did you ever consider that BLM may be misleading?  When did you align yourself with their beliefs?  What research have you done to support their claims?  Is it possible that they're misleading and inaccurate in what they say?  What does BLM mean to you?  Why are 4% of deaths worth 100% of national attention, but any discussion of the other 96% is met with racism.  Talk about seeing the trees through the forest.  You're focused on 4 fucking trees and ignoring the other 96.

You asked for links about why I think Bannon holds racist beliefs. The tone and attitude of the links are some examples of why I got there. I'm not talking about the content of the links. It's called nuance. The facts presented may be accurate or inaccurate, I haven't checked. The tone of the material, the reason they are written, the thinking behind them, the language used are what lead me to my opinions, not what they reported.

If I wrote a story about why GNR is irrelevant and posted it to a Motley Crue website and provided some stats supporting my claims. The facts might be accurate, but why did I write that story? Why did I say Axl is a wife-beater in said article? Why did I write that article when the GNR reunion is in full swing and folks are onboard? There's more than meets the eye.

If he doesn't think there is anything wrong with it then it's pretty clear why...

Board footer