You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Our last president got a noble prize for making people feel good before he was even sworn in. This one has raised the DOW to a record high and saved thousands of jobs before he was sworn in. I'll take reality over the hugs any day.

You've gotta be kidding.  C'mon Randall, , you know better than that?!!  The DOW went UP 12,000 points (after it crashed down 5,000 under W) under Obama the last 8 years. Then it goes up 300 points or something for a day or two and people say "Trump causes DOW to goto its highest ever!!".

He also omitted that the DOW dropped hundreds of points the preceding week on the news of his win. If anything the up/down behavior shows market instability  as a reaction to Trump being the President elect.

The futures dropped, the market never dropped once Trump won.

The market is emotional bullshit. We all know this. Not a real indicator of the economy.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

The Ford thing wasn't true, James. There was going to be no lost jobs to Mexico, it was a huge fat lie Trump told on Twitter. Yeah, Carrier was just one, there are way more manufacturing jobs in Indiana that are going to Mexico. I'm happy anytime jobs are saved, but I was reading that Carrier was going to save something like 68 million a year by going to Mexico. So I'm a little concerned what devil is in the details here. I've heard the employees would have to have their pay cut to at least $5 an hour. And another concern, whatever deal they're getting, what's going to stop more companies from going to Washington asking for a deal or threaten to go to Mexico. Let's see this play out.

Trump has hired nothing but inside Wall Street guys so far.

So maybe Trump helps end the absurd wages unions demand for unskilled labor, which makes outsourcing jobs less desirable?

Our last president got a noble prize for making people feel good before he was even sworn in. This one has raised the DOW to a record high and saved thousands of jobs before he was sworn in. I'll take reality over the hugs any day.

Gimme a break. I'm all for union reform, but we have unions because big business has shown over and over again they cannot be trusted and continually fuck over their workers, even tothe point of putting their health and well being in jeopardy.  He didn't do a mother fucking thing to save those jobs. Pence did. Pence is governor of the state. He is paying this company, with Indiana tax payers covering the bill, in an already cash strapped state. Trump has zero authority to make this deal. It could totally be possible this was a deal that was agreed to before he made Pence VP. I'm happy those workers are keeping their jobs, but it's only for "right now" it doesn't mean they will keep those jobs.

And if makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about the dow, well consider this: it's up because they're betting on the fact that Trump lied to his base and loaded his cabinet with Goldman Sachs executives who will roll back as many regulations as possible, including Mnuchin who likes to buy struggling banks just so he can foreclose on thousands of people because its easy money, and a billionaire can always use more money by destroying people. The very people who force these companies to squeeze every penny they can to increase profit margins so they outsource. That's not unions, bubba, that's Wall Street execs who would rather pay a Mexican a months wages that they would have to pay an American in a week. They're betting on a wild west Wall Street where the lunatics run the asylum, where MORE companies will outsource. Have fun on that.

https://news.grabien.com/story-flashbac … r-plant-us

Guess Pence is his magic wand then. What does crow taste like? 

He just nominated the greatest general since Vietnam to lead the defense department.  A general has been nominated for his National Security adviser. Petraeus is still in the run for State.

America is going to flex its muscles once again.  This guy could be Reagan, and remember I voted against him.

It would be nice to have a President who puts America first again and actually gets shit done that makes it better for everyone who's an actual citizen.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl is going to look so fucking stupid when Trump kicks ass for 4-8 years

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So maybe Trump helps end the absurd wages unions demand for unskilled labor, which makes outsourcing jobs less desirable?

Gimme a break. I'm all for union reform, but we have unions because big business has shown over and over again they cannot be trusted and continually fuck over their workers, even tothe point of putting their health and well being in jeopardy.  He didn't do a mother fucking thing to save those jobs. Pence did. Pence is governor of the state. He is paying this company, with Indiana tax payers covering the bill, in an already cash strapped state. Trump has zero authority to make this deal. It could totally be possible this was a deal that was agreed to before he made Pence VP. I'm happy those workers are keeping their jobs, but it's only for "right now" it doesn't mean they will keep those jobs.

And if makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about the dow, well consider this: it's up because they're betting on the fact that Trump lied to his base and loaded his cabinet with Goldman Sachs executives who will roll back as many regulations as possible, including Mnuchin who likes to buy struggling banks just so he can foreclose on thousands of people because its easy money, and a billionaire can always use more money by destroying people. The very people who force these companies to squeeze every penny they can to increase profit margins so they outsource. That's not unions, bubba, that's Wall Street execs who would rather pay a Mexican a months wages that they would have to pay an American in a week. They're betting on a wild west Wall Street where the lunatics run the asylum, where MORE companies will outsource. Have fun on that.

He just nominated the greatest general since Vietnam to lead the defense department.  A general has been nominated for his National Security adviser. Petraeus is still in the run for State.

America is going to flex its muscles once again.  This guy could be Reagan, and remember I voted against him.

It would be nice to have a President who puts America first again and actually gets shit done that makes it better for everyone who's an actual citizen.

What crow are you talking about? That he made a good PR move?

The rest HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

misterID

misterID wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

What crow are you talking about? That he made a good PR move?

The rest HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is stupid...you really think he waved a magic wand and go them to stay? Or did he bend over and take it in the ass in order to get them to stay?

And the Petreus thing I think you're talking about....so all that shit about Hillary's e-mails for years and then this?! He manipulated a bunch of douche bag racists, backed off on most of the things he said he wanted to do as soon as he was elected...and everyone in his base appears ok with this...

The hypocrisy is making it hard to breath in this country. The fickle, fickle American people are getting exactly what they wanted....a smoke and mirrors show.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Obama saved 1.5 million jobs. GM paid back government + interest.

Trump/Pence saved 800 jobs from going to Mexico for now. Carrier is still sending 1,300 jobs to Mexico where they will be making air conditioners and sending them back into the US with no tariff or outsourcing tax, while Indiana taxpayers pays them $7M for doing it.

What a deal!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The market is emotional bullshit. We all know this. Not a real indicator of the economy.

You can't have it both ways then. Either the market reflects a Trump presidency or it does not.

mitchejw wrote:

And the Petreus thing I think you're talking about....so all that shit about Hillary's e-mails for years and then this?! He manipulated a bunch of douche bag racists, backed off on most of the things he said he wanted to do as soon as he was elected...and everyone in his base appears ok with this...

The hypocrisy is making it hard to breath in this country. The fickle, fickle American people are getting exactly what they wanted....a smoke and mirrors show.

They don't care about any of this...

misterID wrote:

Trump/Pence saved 800 jobs from going to Mexico for now. 1,300 jobs still going to Mexico where they will be making air conditioners and sending them back into the US with no tariff or outsourcing tax, while Indiana taxpayers pays them $7M for doing it.

What a deal!

They don't care about any of this... Not one bit.

And you better believe that if Obama spent 7 million of tax payer money to save 1000 jobs, they would be a collective right wing freak out. And we still don't know the nitty gritty details yet.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You can't have it both ways then. Either the market reflects a Trump presidency or it does not.

mitchejw wrote:

They don't care about any of this...

misterID wrote:

Trump/Pence saved 800 jobs from going to Mexico for now. 1,300 jobs still going to Mexico where they will be making air conditioners and sending them back into the US with no tariff or outsourcing tax, while Indiana taxpayers pays them $7M for doing it.

What a deal!

They don't care about any of this... Not one bit.

And you better believe that if Obama spent 7 million of tax payer money to save 1000 jobs, they would be a collective right wing freak out. And we still don't know the nitty gritty details yet.

Yes Trump gave the market a little bump, but that is a very small part of the economy in that only the rich and financial institutions are making real money. Rest of us are along for their rigged ride. My point is I don't put too much value in the market and the job the president is doing. The market is too fucking emotional and reactionary.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

The more I learn about this "deal" Trump made, the worse it looks...what a terrible, terrible precedent Trump has set.

Anyone who feels good about this must have a pretty loose asshole.

Board footer