You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

You have to be a special kind of retarded to say "my culture sucks, so I'm going to bring in hordes of people who don't speak my language so they can change our culture."  Yes, American culture is superior to all other cultures.  If I didn't feel that way, I wouldn't be living here.  But since I've traveled to every continent but Africa (soon to be fixed in April!) I'm a hell of a lot more qualified than you or other vacationers who spent a week in Paris and think they have a clue.  We're at the point where displaying the American flag in school can be considered offensive.  That's going full fucking retard.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Do you guys prefer this map?

http://i0.wp.com/metrocosm.com/wp-conte … ty-map.png

And ID, THEIR VOTE DOES COUNT, NY and California both went for HRC.

States should not be voting, the people should. You know as well as I do a a lot of Democrats and center left independents in Alabama and Tennessee don't vote specifically because their votes don't mean shit. Election day sucks for me.

I don't have a problem with the EC for the most part...but no that map doesn't accurately depict things...if you want to be forthright with your depiction, then counties should be proportionate to their population not physical size.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You have to be a special kind of retarded to say "my culture sucks, so I'm going to bring in hordes of people who don't speak my language so they can change our culture."  Yes, American culture is superior to all other cultures.  If I didn't feel that way, I wouldn't be living here.  But since I've traveled to every continent but Africa (soon to be fixed in April!) I'm a hell of a lot more qualified than you or other vacationers who spent a week in Paris and think they have a clue.  We're at the point where displaying the American flag in school can be considered offensive.  That's going full fucking retard.

What's full fucking retard is to not understand what American culture is....it's a conglomeration of everyone else. It's the best and worst, it's the good and the bad and the ugly of the pretty much every other country in the world.

You have far too much hubris for me RF...I've never left north America and I don't need to, to know that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

States should not be voting, the people should. You know as well as I do a a lot of Democrats and center left independents in Alabama and Tennessee don't vote specifically because their votes don't mean shit. Election day sucks for me.

I'm sure every republican in California and ny voted though, right ID?  The level of ignorance should be stunning, but sadly it isn't. More than a month later and you're still not even making an effort to understand why what happened actually happened and are wasting all this energy on how stupid anyone that voted for trump is. Ironic if you stop to think about it, but stopping to think about things isn't really a liberal strong point.

What the fuck are you talking about. Anyone with an IQ of 90 would understand when I said every American's vote should count that I meant EVERYONE, including Republicans. I was singling out the States SG and I live in. Holy shit, think before you type. The second time this decade the loser won the election. She and Gore won the popular vote. THOSE peoples votes should count. The ones who made the effort. Especially when you have bottom feeding morons voting third party to deal with. I shouldn't have to be your nanny and walk you through the most simple of arguments. Make an effort to use your brain.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

And you don't think that's true of republicans in NY or CA?  The rules are based on the EC, so the candidates campaigned based on the EC.  If the popular vote was how they handled the election, both Trump and Clinton would have campaigned differently.  And yes ID, admitting millions of Hispanics and giving citizenship to their children is how California went from Reagan to solid blue.  Or are we supposed to be ok with the left desiring millions of unskilled laborers dropping off babies so they can't be deported.

That's  hilarious. Dropping off babies to sway an election? You are the perfect Trump supporter. You'll believe anything. You really should have voted for him. Again, when I say every vote should count I meant every vote, that includes Republicans. California should not shut out any Republican vote based solely on demographics.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm sure every republican in California and ny voted though, right ID?  The level of ignorance should be stunning, but sadly it isn't. More than a month later and you're still not even making an effort to understand why what happened actually happened and are wasting all this energy on how stupid anyone that voted for trump is. Ironic if you stop to think about it, but stopping to think about things isn't really a liberal strong point.

What the fuck are you talking about. Anyone with an IQ of 90 would understand when I said every American's vote should count that I meant EVERYONE, including Republicans. I was singling out the States SG and I live in. Holy shit, think before you type. The second time this decade the loser won the election. She and Gore won the popular vote. THOSE peoples votes should count. The ones who made the effort. Especially when you have bottom feeding morons voting third party to deal with. I shouldn't have to be your nanny and walk you through the most simple of arguments. Make an effort to use your brain.

Haha...me make an effort to use my brain...

There's a reason they won the "popular" vote and lost the election.  Things would also be different if that reason didn't exist.  Instead of pretending to be smart by dismissing others, why not use your own brain to have an original thought.  Just one.

Randall Flagg

Their votes do count. In their state as the system was designed. It's not unfair. It's not unjust. That's how the system was created. You don't even get to vote for your national leader in Europe. Is that fair?  Is that Democratic?

What is hard to grasp. Look at the demographics of California in 1960 and look at it today. What's the huge power shift? How many of those hispanics migrated here legally or are the products of legal immigration?  You don't think when Johnson issued an order granting citizenship to all people born on our soil, he knew it would benefit his party?  The guy is on record saying with the passing of Medicaid that "every N**** will be voting Democratic for the next 100 years" and you don't think he had ulterior motives for his immigration changes.  The immigration act Kennedy sponsored in the mid to late 60s completely changed the immigration demographics. We went from admitting primarily people from Europe to admitting predominately people of color from the third world. I don't have a problem with this in principle, but it's no secret ethnic minorities heavily favor democratic candidates. To say Kennedy and Democrats weren't aware of this benefit is disingenuous. 

Democratic policies have directly led to a demographic change in this country that heavily favors their party.  You've yet to acknowledge this. I find this legal method of influencing the electorate just as morally rehensible as gerrymandering.

And for the upteenth time, you can't make claims of how the election would be under a different set of rules. There was serious concern for a time Trump would win the popular vote and Clinton would win the electoral. No one on the left, including you, were vocal about how undemocratic that would be.  Meanwhile I said then it wouldn't fucking matter because the rules of the game are the electoral college.

So either start a movement to amend the constitution or shut the fuck up about it.  But thems the rules of how we elect the president and have been the same for over 200 years. And people had this same situation occur 200 years ago and the country didn't scream it was Un-Democratic and change the rules. Run a better candidate next time and show up in the states you take for granted. Also maybe run someone that caters to more than limousine liberals in NYC and SF.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Haha...me make an effort to use my brain...

There's a reason they won the "popular" vote and lost the election.  Things would also be different if that reason didn't exist.  Instead of pretending to be smart by dismissing others, why not use your own brain to have an original thought.  Just one.

Yes, use your brain. They lost because we're using a flawed and outdated system. You're welcome.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Their votes do count. In their state as the system was designed. It's not unfair. It's not unjust. That's how the system was created. You don't even get to vote for your national leader in Europe. Is that fair?  Is that Democratic?

What is hard to grasp. Look at the demographics of California in 1960 and look at it today. What's the huge power shift? How many of those hispanics migrated here legally or are the products of legal immigration?  You don't think when Johnson issued an order granting citizenship to all people born on our soil, he knew it would benefit his party?  The guy is on record saying with the passing of Medicaid that "every N**** will be voting Democratic for the next 100 years" and you don't think he had ulterior motives for his immigration changes.  The immigration act Kennedy sponsored in the mid to late 60s completely changed the immigration demographics. We went from admitting primarily people from Europe to admitting predominately people of color from the third world. I don't have a problem with this in principle, but it's no secret ethnic minorities heavily favor democratic candidates. To say Kennedy and Democrats weren't aware of this benefit is disingenuous. 

Democratic policies have directly led to a demographic change in this country that heavily favors their party.  You've yet to acknowledge this. I find this legal method of influencing the electorate just as morally rehenss gerrymandering.

And for the upteenth time, you can't make claims of how the election would be under a different set of rules. There was serious concern for a time Trump would win the popular vote and Clinton would win the electoral. No one on the left, including you, were vocal about how undemocratic that would be.  Meanwhile I said then it wouldn't fucking matter because the rules of the game are the electoral college.

So either start a movement to amend the constitution or shut the fuck up about it.  But thems the rules of how we elect the president and have been the same for over 200 years. And people had this same situation occur 200 years ago and the country didn't scream it was Un-Democratic and change the rules. Run a better candidate next time and show up in the states you take for granted. Also maybe run someone that caters to more than limousine liberals in NYC and SF.

This is what you do, you go around the block creating arguments that have nothing to do with the subject. I'm not talking about Europe. I'm not talking about some nutjob conspiracy about getting illegals to vote. I'm not talking about Johnson or Kennedy. Every vote should count. Sorry, when letting lose your verbal diarrhea, I ain't shutting the fuck up. And you don't need a constitutional amendment, you can simply have states pass laws that force the electorate to follow the popular vote, which is already happening. Unlike what you're making up in your own mind, which you really seem to love to do, I have never liked the system whether it benefited my candidate or not. Had she won the EC and lost the popular vote, and SG would be screaming how unfair the system is, I couldn't disagree with him. The popular vote should count.

Every vote should count. Trump will always carry an asterisk. smile

Randall Flagg

Only in your mind.*

Board footer