You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Our economy grew at the slowest pace since 2011 in 2016. Look for interest rate increases to stop until our numbers improve. I told you guys our economy is not as strong as we thought. The stock market does not = Economy...

We had the most obstructionist congress in history. Not a coincidence. And you need to acknowledge it.

My comment is not a political one...  It is just some facts that the economy cooled some in 2016.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Our economy grew at the slowest pace since 2011 in 2016. Look for interest rate increases to stop until our numbers improve. I told you guys our economy is not as strong as we thought. The stock market does not = Economy...

We had the most obstructionist congress in history. Not a coincidence. And you need to acknowledge it.

My comment is not a political one...  It is just some facts that the economy cooled some in 2016.

You have refused to ever speak about the obstructionism. You literally just pointed out the dates when it started and tied it to the slow economic growth. Democrats are voting through many Trump appointees, even Carson that I strongly disagree with. Will you admit Republicans tried to sabotage Obama by hurting the economic growth through obstructionism?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

"The rest of the worlds politicians are being exposed"??   The Mexican President just elevated himself massively by cancelling on Trump.  And Republicans have sided with him.  China put us down. We're definitely gonna become Russia's little brother as far as 'World Superpowers'. 

Its been a tumultuous first week, very rocky.  Major Garrett was asked on CBS about the rollout of Trumps Wall agenda, and Major responded "It wasn't a rollout, it was fumbled. Trump claimed Mexico will pay for it. Then he said we'll pay for it but Mexico will pay us back. Mexico said they won't pay us back. Trump then said he'll place an import tax on it. The media asked Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell if they'll raise taxes and they confirmed No.  Lindsey Graham stated anything raising taxes on Corona and Tequila and Margarita's was a bad idea".. Trump said he'll bring torture & waterboarding back, Republicans again went against him saying that will not become true.

All this & I didn't even have to mention one Democrat, they shot themselves in the foot.

Nieto doesn't seem to realize that he needs America more than they do Mexico, and that Trump has the brass to capitalize fully on that leverage. He will have to concede, or face domestic political turmoil that for sure will bring down his government. Taking a tough line on Trump will just make him look even weaker when he ultimately does give in to the demands. The only way for him to save dignity at this point is to resign. Trump recognizes that America has the stronger hand by far, and he's going to play it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Without pushing the false claim that the ACA was a GOP idea, can you provide more than one example of democrats trying to compromise?  How many bills did the House pass that Reid refused to let hit the Senate.

As long as you guys believe it was a one sided endeavor, you're missing out. And worse, you're encouraging Democrats to try to do that now and force the nuclear option.

Boehner fucked up once on the deal to avoid shut down. McConnel fucked up not having a vote on Garland. I'll give you that.

But ACA, and everything else done through EO was because the Democrats weren't interested in compromise. They thought they were hot shit and spent 2 years getting their own party to support Obamacare.

I'm pleased so far everyone is playing nice. But this nonsense of an obstructionist congress only works in the mind of democrats.  When you're not the majority, which they weren't since 2010, you can't call the other side obstructionist when you want to mandate your far left ideas.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Without pushing the false claim that the ACA was a GOP idea, can you provide more than one example of democrats trying to compromise?  How many bills did the House pass that Reid refused to let hit the Senate.

As long as you guys believe it was a one sided endeavor, you're missing out. And worse, you're encouraging Democrats to try to do that now and force the nuclear option.

Boehner fucked up once on the deal to avoid shut down. McConnel fucked up not having a vote on Garland. I'll give you that.

But ACA, and everything else done through EO was because the Democrats weren't interested in compromise. They thought they were hot shit and spent 2 years getting their own party to support Obamacare.

I'm pleased so far everyone is playing nice. But this nonsense of an obstructionist congress only works in the mind of democrats.  When you're not the majority, which they weren't since 2010, you can't call the other side obstructionist when you want to mandate your far left ideas.

Those are big f ups by McConnel and Boehner...

And I refuse to forget...and  I will give the Republicans credit for one thing, it appears that they're going to force a lot of right wing ideology is on everyone in the next two years. Privatizing school and school choice bullshit, getting rid of Medicare and Medicaid, getting rid of Social Security, all this stuff is going to happen in the next two years.  In addition, we're going to have the stupid fucking wall that's going to do nothing.

Everyone's all excited about the stupid fucking Keystone pipeline one affect all it's going to do is make a handful of rich white men richer and create risk to the environment.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

10 executive orders in five days

Hypocrisy

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

10 executive orders in five days

Hypocrisy

Why did Republicans bitch about Obama's use of EOs.  Their actual argument, not what the asshats at Salon.com had to say? It was because they were a broad overreach of his authority, like giving legal status to millions of people.  Trump is reversing EOs Obama enacted.  Your city will play ball soon enough when they lose money and the citizens demand the illegals get kicked out and Emmanuel worries about actual citizens who are paying income taxes.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The ACA was created by Romney, a Republican.

Show me the legislation Republicans legitimately tried to work with Obama on. I'm no fan of Reid, but they made it clear they were going to vote no on everything, obstruct everything and make the goal of the American congress and Senate to get the President voted out of office. They were obstructionist.

Boehner had no control over the obstructionists, McConnell was their leader. Boehner left, McConnell's wife got a cabinet position.

Al Frankin already said they aren't going to obstruct just to obstruct.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How much you want to bet the President of Mexico meets with Trump in the next 2 weeks and Trump continues to say Mexico will pay for the wall.  Mexico needs the US, not the other way around.

LOL:  https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/peso … 00741.html

The peso is surging after Trump speaks with Mexico's president

The Mexican peso is higher by 1.4%, at 20.9218 per dollar, as of 1:37 p.m. ET after the Washington Post reported that US President Donald Trump and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto had an hour-long phone conversation.
The peso was already rising Friday and gained further after news of the phone conversation crossed.

Friday's gains come after a wild session on Thursday that saw the peso climb by as much as 1.3% following a back-and-forth between Trump and Peña Nieto.

The call comes after the two leaders exchanged Tweets on Thursday and Friday morning.

Early on Thursday, Trump tweeted: "The U.S. has a 60 billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico. It has been a one-sided deal from the beginning of NAFTA with massive numbers of jobs and companies lost. If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting."

Peña Nieto responded with a tweet, "This morning we have informed the White House that I will not attend the meeting scheduled for next Tuesday with the @POTUS." The Mexican president has repeatedly said Mexico would not pay for the border wall.

Later on Thursday, the Trump administration said it was considering a 20% border tax on Mexican imports to pay for the wall.
Then on Friday, Trump tweeted: "Mexico has taken advantage of the U.S. for long enough. Massive trade deficits & little help on the very weak border must change, NOW!"

The Mexican peso has fallen about 13% since Trump's election victory on November 8.

Randall Flagg

Huh, what do you know.  Guess I was on to something.

Board footer