You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

Part of me hopes after they get Trumps cabinet in, they revert the rules back to before Reid changed them.  Maybe federal judges can have a lower threshold, but cabinet secretaries deserve the same scrutiny as SOCTUS nominees.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Dems should just put him thru. I agree they might put someone worse thru, also 4 years to go. Alot can happen (Ginsburg), so there's always the chance of payback next time if there is one. Also, chances are more likely the next time would be closer to an election cycle (midterms or 2020) whereas today is almost 2 years off. Memories will have faded alot by November 2018.

They gotta choose their battles, Elizabeth DeVos seems like the better fight.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The one thing that's pissing me off right now are the lefties trying to form their own pathetic tea party and are demanding obstruction, to vote no on everything. Maddow is calling out dems, even Frankin, for voting yes on some nominees. The were elected to perform a job and serve their constituency, not serve left wing bloggers and nutsos. They have a tightrope to walk and they need our support not threaten primaries for not being obstructionists.

These assholes, including MoveOn, did this before, dems lost the congress, senate, the rust belt and the entire south. And eventually, the presidency.

Randall Flagg

Be careful ID. SLC and Mitch will castrate anyone who doesn't want to blow up Washington right now.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Nah, the "ring of fire, young turks" douchebags get to me. When dems try to form their own tea party it's a disaster. And why would they want to? The tea party had one good year and exploded. Is that what they want? To be an ultra extremist minority party? They purged conservative blue dogs (who got Obama care passed) and got a shellacking for it. Now they want to purge centrists. It's ridiculous. That's all I've been hearing on msnbc.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Be careful ID. SLC and Mitch will castrate anyone who doesn't want to blow up Washington right now.

I hate hypocrites and right now Trump and the Republicans are hypocrites.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

Nah, the "ring of fire, young turks" douchebags get to me. When dems try to form their own tea party it's a disaster. And why would they want to? The tea party had one good year and exploded. Is that what they want? To be an ultra extremist minority party? They purged conservative blue dogs (who got Obama care passed) and got a shellacking for it. Now they want to purge centrists. It's ridiculous. That's all I've been hearing on msnbc.

This was my favorite young Turks episode. Alex Jones stopped by, so it's SLC's favorite too.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Why isn't Trump getting criticized for his first greenlit military mission turning into a botched bloodbath, killing a navy seal and women and children? They'd be crucifying Obama right now.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nah, the "ring of fire, young turks" douchebags get to me.

I hate that blonde chick who's making the neo-con/alt right rounds on FB.  Toni something?!   I have CBSN on Roku which is like a live CNN type channel, but sorta bad. Anyway, there's this really really bad blonde chick who's on it, who literally looks down at a cheat sheet while talking on air every 5 seconds it's a joke.  They use them on split screen & last time the other speaker, an average looking but informative female was glaring at the camera like "Is this for real"??

I'll try to find her name, I've seen her twice recently & almost emailed CBS to tell her she's awful and not put her on the air anymore (total pretty face, but not even). Some of you might like her look tho.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

Why isn't Trump getting criticized for his first greenlit military mission turning into a botched bloodbath, killing a navy seal and women and children? They'd be crucifying Obama right now.

Soldiers die in combat. It happens. I don't know anything about the mission other than it was allegedly to get valuable intel. Some reports said the women were armed, but I don't know what an American child was doing there. Her parents were probably up to no good, that's for sure.

The complaints and articles counting American dead went out of fashion after Obama took over.  The women and children should be discussed, but military casualties shouldn't be used for political purposes.

Board footer