You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

LOL at this

http://i68.tinypic.com/16i9kc7.jpg

Uhmm, it def doesn't surprise me about Mexico.  Again, I don't think it meant he's going to war with them, plus there's probably some form of whisper down the lane, but again its the jyst of it which is stupid. There was an article a while back that Trump was "livid" over some leaks which got out from within his circle.  Anyway I said it before, the Iran thing is scarier than Mexico.

When you say Iran is scarier, do you mean Obama trying to pass a treaty without Senate approval?  Or do you mean Iran already violating said treaty by launching missiles.  When will you acknowledge Obama's foreign policy was abysmal and was far more damaging to US interests than denying people from Somalia access to the US for 90 days.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Putting them "On Notice" within 2 weeks of his Presidency.  Fighting with Australia unnecessarily, what next, North Korea.  The whole John Wayne 'Come in and kick ass' shit isn't gonna work. We'll be back at war within 2 years. Congrats.

I guarantee he's embarrassed over the military death and does a major Isis strike within 2 months. If well contrived, I'm fine with it. Only problem, Trump hasn't done much "Well contrived" so far. It'll be invade, bomb, then figure it out.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Putting them "On Notice" within 2 weeks of his Presidency.  Fighting with Australia unnecessarily, what next, North Korea.  The whole John Wayne 'Come in and kick ass' shit isn't gonna work. We'll be back at war within 2 years. Congrats.

I guarantee he's embarrassed over the military death and does a major Isis strike within 2 months. If well contrived, I'm fine with it. Only problem, Trump hasn't done much "Well contrived" so far. It'll be invade, bomb, then figure it out.

Australia denied that Trump hung up or the call wasn't cordial.  This is fake news bullshit by a media that desperately wants to push the narrative the 4th Reich is on the rise, failing to acknowledge if that were remotely true they wouldn't be allowed to be on the air.  Iran is trying to get nukes.  Obama's weak ass handed them that ability with a smile. And now Trump is the bad guy for saying we won't tolerate a nuclear Iran?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

As someone in media, lemme tell you what we're hearing.

Leaks are coming from within Trump's inner circle. Some are legit. Some are deliberately incorrect so Trump team and supporters can yell "fake news." That leads us to arguments like we have here on this forum. We don't discuss if what Trump is doing is sound leadership; we discuss if it's real.

There's a strong theory Bannon is behind it all, mixing disinformation with the real news to obfuscate the truth, whatever it is. The end game, and anyone can figure this out, is to discredit all media except for ardent supporters.

Just what i'm hearing. Carry on.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:

Leaks are coming from within Trump's inner circle. Some are legit. Some are deliberately incorrect so Trump team and supporters can yell "fake news." That leads us to arguments like we have here on this forum. We don't discuss if what Trump is doing is sound leadership; we discuss if it's real.

There's a strong theory Bannon is behind it all, mixing disinformation with the real news to obfuscate the truth, whatever it is. The end game, and anyone can figure this out, is to discredit all media except for ardent supporters.

So is the media going to run with every BS story they get or are they going to continue and Dan Rather themselves into non-relevance?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

It isn't just that tho, it's taxing imports from other countries without thinking how it might affect our economy, spending, etc.  Nevermind the fact Ivanka Trump owns a shoe company line entirely Made In China!

"I do it my way because I'm right and I know everything"

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I was wondering about all of this, apparently Nixon used to use the media in a somewhat similar way. He wanted his opponents  to believe some caricature about him, him being Nixon.

Nixon wanted people to believe certain things about him and fabricated things and manipulated the media to benefit him in his foreign policy and diplomacy

Trump feels a lot like Nixon to me. Nixon considered himself the ultimate strategist. I think Trump is trying to do the same.

I believe that a lot of the stories are planted so they can call them fake, a lot of them are also for trumps benefit in other ways.  Be at distractions or intentional manipulation of what we're all focused on. When he wants us to be focused on what he wants us to be focused on he use the media to obtain that. When he wants us to be distracted she make sure he plants some distractions

As far as Obama's policies with Iran, I just often wondered to myself how long did you think the US could stop them from getting nuclear energy? Or nuclear anything? I feel like I see it from their perspective, one of the reasons they become so deeply entrenched as our enemies is that  we now have decades upon decades and of restrictions and rules and regulations that the US forces them to it here to.

I just don't think pieces of paper or sanctions are ever going to restrict foreign country from doing what they want to do .

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Australia denied that Trump hung up or the call wasn't cordial.  This is fake news bullshit by a media that desperately wants to push the narrative the 4th Reich is on the rise, failing to acknowledge if that were remotely true they wouldn't be allowed to be on the air.  Iran is trying to get nukes.  Obama's weak ass handed them that ability with a smile. And now Trump is the bad guy for saying we won't tolerate a nuclear Iran?

It's not fake news. Because there is denial to save embarrassment. The pee tape isn't fake, but unsubstantiated. You're this rube falling for Trump's fake news shit. What big is saying makes sense.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It's not fake news. Because there is denial to save embarrassment. The pee tape isn't fake, but unsubstantiated. You're this rube falling for Trump's fake news shit. What big is saying makes sense.

Denial to save embarrassment?  By both countries. Well fuck, I guess every story about Trump is true and we can just dismiss claims from the only groups able to validate as denial to avoid embarrassment.

It's not true. Or it's taken completely out of context to portray something it obviously wasn't.

It's fake news, and as long as the media cries wolf, the less they'll be believed when something real happens.

The pee tape was fake. Obama even asked why the intelligence agencies were showing it to him when they know it was bullshit.  Don't go down the conspiracy road. We already have one truther on the forum. We don't need another.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Flagg you're wrong. WH is admitting it was "lighthearted" comments to Mexico.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the … 3cc7cb45e0

Trump threatened — his administration insisted it was "light-hearted" — Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto with sending American troops into his country.

Guess the tables have turned. You're the one believing "fake news". In reading the LATimes article, all it says is the Mexican President said he "never was threatened". Semantics, so you gotta learn to read between the lines on this stuff.

Board footer