You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Ellison's annointment will bring the hypocrisy full circle. The DNC, once ran by a member of the Klan, now being run by a recent member of the Nation of Islam.

In modern day, who are white supremacists and and the klan standing behind?

These are such apples to oranges comparisons. And the whole thing gets too circular and convoluted I don't even enjoy the conversation anymore.

It's ironic to me that a troll would step down from a position for being really good at trolling.

It's stupid to me that Coulter would make a comparison between a right-wing glorified blogger peddling right wing garbage and Mexican illegals...what does one have to do with the other?

You mean all 3k Klan members in the entire country?  It's a boogeyman at this point. They should continue to be reviled and condemned, but this isn't 1920. There's what, 10 members of Westboro?  Yet how much attention do they get?

The NOI has zero power.  But that the DNC is comfortable with a (former) member running to lead their organization is telling. Could a former member of the KKK not only run, but be competitive in the RNC?  Fuck no, and if one even tried, there'd be a million man march in 72 hours with non stop news coverage.

How can the party that bills itself as the party of institutional equality, be ok nominating someone (with Sanders' and Schumer's endorsements no less) who was a member of an organization the SPLC designates as one of the largest hate groups in America?

Sessions allegedly called someone "boy" over 30 years ago and it was decried as the worst offense since Emmet Till. But just over 10 years ago, Ellison was writing opinion pieces advocating on behalf of the NOI.

Trump was called a racist for suggesting a Hispanic judge who was a member of La Raza (Spanish for "the race" and a group who advocates on behalf of illegals) was biased. If a white judge was a member of an organization called "The Race" that advocated on behalf of hate crime perpetrators, and was deciding a case about a black kid lynched by a couple white rednecks, would you be a racist if you pointed out the absurdity of the situation?

This is why I think the DNC is fucked for the next few years. Until they purge this bullshit, double standard, identity politics nonsense, they're not going to win back the White House or congress. If they went back to Bill Clinton and the blue collar working man, they'd have 400 EVs in 2020.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Ellison's annointment will bring the hypocrisy full circle. The DNC, once ran by a member of the Klan, now being run by a recent member of the Nation of Islam.

These are such apples to oranges comparisons. And the whole thing gets too circular and convoluted I don't even enjoy the conversation anymore.

It's ironic to me that a troll would step down from a position for being really good at trolling.

It's stupid to me that Coulter would make a comparison between a right-wing glorified blogger peddling right wing garbage and Mexican illegals...what does one have to do with the other?

You mean all 3k Klan members in the entire country?  It's a boogeyman at this point. They should continue to be reviled and condemned, but this isn't 1920. There's what, 10 members of Westboro?  Yet how much attention do they get?

The NOI has zero power.  But that the DNC is comfortable with a (former) member running to lead their organization is telling. Could a former member of the KKK not only run, but be competitive in the RNC?  Fuck no, and if one even tried, there'd be a million man march in 72 hours with non stop news coverage.

How can the party that bills itself as the party of institutional equality, be ok nominating someone (with Sanders' and Schumer's endorsements no less) who was a member of an organization the SPLC designates as one of the largest hate groups in America?

Sessions allegedly called someone "boy" over 30 years ago and it was decried as the worst offense since Emmet Till. But just over 10 years ago, Ellison was writing opinion pieces advocating on behalf of the NOI.

Trump was called a racist for suggesting a Hispanic judge who was a member of La Raza (Spanish for "the race" and a group who advocates on behalf of illegals) was biased. If a white judge was a member of an organization called "The Race" that advocated on behalf of hate crime perpetrators, and was deciding a case about a black kid lynched by a couple white rednecks, would you be a racist if you pointed out the absurdity of the situation?

This is why I think the DNC is fucked for the next few years. Until they purge this bullshit, double standard, identity politics nonsense, they're not going to win back the White House or congress. If they went back to Bill Clinton and the blue collar working man, they'd have 400 EVs in 2020.

So the KKK has more members than we have documented cases of voter fraud?

I still don't know what identity politics is...must be a new conservative term.

How can someone be endorsed that's so radical? The same way that trump supporters voted for someone to take us back into a time that will never exist again.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

How can someone be endorsed that's so radical? The same way that trump supporters voted for someone to take us back into a time that will never exist again.

I can assure you "identity politics" isn't a conservative term. It's a bonafide mainstream theory openly embraced and provided that nomenclature from the progressives that subscribe to it.  You should seriously research it because it was the backbone of the Sanders crowd (which you were a member of, which is why your confusion is that more interesting) and is the driving force behind Ellison's supporters.

Obama for example, was not part of this thought, but paid lip service in part towards the tail end of his presidency, arguably to attempt to rally those estranged from Hillary as the party's nominee.

Ellison has so much support because identity politics has such a huge base of support within the left. That's who's going to be the "tea party" equivalent if the left can be mobilized in that fashion. You thought a bunch of bored and ignorant rednecks from middle America were bad bitching about Obamacare, wait until these nuts go full out. These are the people who believe gender is fluid, hate speech should be outlawed, consent must be verbal before each act (you can't just slip your finger in your wife without asking her while kissing in bed) or you've committed rape, safe spaces, reparations, no life in prison sentences and no borders. SJWs if you will.

If this happens, we'll become incredibly more polarized and start a cultural civil war with great civil unrest.

So if you don't want that type of progressivism to dominate the Democratic Party, greatly diminishing the chance to regain power, you should call your people as a democrat in favor of Perez. He's Obama's hand chosen candidate and has Joe Biden's endorsement too. He promises to be the leader who will return the Democrats to the type of progressivism that United the country in 2008 by showing what we share rather than how we're different.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The Reagan cult is going after George Takei now since he said once on Howard Stern in 2006 he lost his virginity at 13 with an 18 year old. The homophobia was the real reason for the attack and something I wasn't comfortable with. When I was 15 I got it on with a girl in her 20s and it was awesome (for me anyway) and was not in anyway anything bad.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

The Reagan cult is going after George Takei now since he said once on Howard Stern in 2006 he lost his virginity at 13 with an 18 year old. The homophobia was the real reason for the attack and something I wasn't comfortable with. When I was 15 I got it on with a girl in her 20s and it was awesome (for me anyway) and was not in anyway anything bad.

And I'm not defending Milo because I don't care. He got back what he mocked for so long. But what you said is what he said, except at 13. He gave the caveat that not all 13 year olds could be ready, but he was. Which isn't that hard to relate to your 15 year old example.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I didn’t think I’d ever leave the CIA. But because of Trump, I quit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions … 7bb7bb42ac

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I'm not defending Milo because I don't care. He got back what he mocked for so long. But what you said is what he said, except at 13. He gave the caveat that not all 13 year olds could be ready, but he was. Which isn't that hard to relate to your 15 year old example.

When you're a public figure, especially one who is as outrageous as Milo, you walk along the cusp. What made the (alt) right love him was also what knocked his house down eventually. Not much of a surprise there. He also incorrectly defined pedophilia during that interview, which made his other statements seem much worse. It then sounded as if he was defending it on some level.

Of course now he's a childhood sexual abuse victim and the media is picking on him. Boo hoo hoo.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I can assure you "identity politics" isn't a conservative term. It's a bonafide mainstream theory openly embraced and provided that nomenclature from the progressives that subscribe to it.  You should seriously research it because it was the backbone of the Sanders crowd (which you were a member of, which is why your confusion is that more interesting) and is the driving force behind Ellison's supporters.

Obama for example, was not part of this thought, but paid lip service in part towards the tail end of his presidency, arguably to attempt to rally those estranged from Hillary as the party's nominee.

Ellison has so much support because identity politics has such a huge base of support within the left. That's who's going to be the "tea party" equivalent if the left can be mobilized in that fashion. You thought a bunch of bored and ignorant rednecks from middle America were bad bitching about Obamacare, wait until these nuts go full out. These are the people who believe gender is fluid, hate speech should be outlawed, consent must be verbal before each act (you can't just slip your finger in your wife without asking her while kissing in bed) or you've committed rape, safe spaces, reparations, no life in prison sentences and no borders. SJWs if you will.

If this happens, we'll become incredibly more polarized and start a cultural civil war with great civil unrest.

So if you don't want that type of progressivism to dominate the Democratic Party, greatly diminishing the chance to regain power, you should call your people as a democrat in favor of Perez. He's Obama's hand chosen candidate and has Joe Biden's endorsement too. He promises to be the leader who will return the Democrats to the type of progressivism that United the country in 2008 by showing what we share rather than how we're different.

This is quite the catastrophe scenario. Remember when homosexuality was considered a mental health disorder? I do...

Why do you care if someone wants to change their gender? and...who has time to sit around thinking about who else is in the bathroom?

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This is quite the catastrophe scenario. Remember when homosexuality was considered a mental health disorder? I do...

Why do you care if someone wants to change their gender? and...who has time to sit around thinking about who else is in the bathroom?

I don't. But that was your takeaway.  You knew nothing about a major philosophy in your own party and that was your takeaway. I think I'm done here.  Keep playing make believe.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't. But that was your takeaway.  You knew nothing about a major philosophy in your own party and that was your takeaway. I think I'm done here.  Keep playing make believe.

My takeaway? My takeaway is that I disagree with you...as always...identity politics seems like one of those generic terms that could be applied to just about everything....

Is that what the evangelicals do when they always vote for the hypocrite Republican...

Be done all you want...

Board footer