You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

There was no way Ellison was going to win.

I still firmly believe we need a separate DNC like a DCC Democratic Centrists Counsel to concentrate on the South, Rustbelt and Midwest for moderates, centrists and conservative democrats. Coastal elites and left wingers need to stay the fuck out of these areas/races.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

There was no way Ellison was going to win.

I still firmly believe we need a separate DNC like a DCC Democratic Centrists Counsel to concentrate on the South, Rustbelt and Midwest for moderates, centrists and conservative democrats. Coastal elites and left wingers need to stay the fuck out of these areas/races.

He was only 14 votes off from getting it first round. Then the mayor guy you liked dropped out, and Ellison's team falsely alerted everyone he had thrown his support behind him. They retracted it, but that's some shady shit right there.

That's how close the DNC came to being taken over by the Sanders/Warren wing.  Way too close for comfort. Now they have a reasonable chair, while still progressive, who will be able to help the party get back on track as the advocate of the working class instead of the special snowflake crowd. If Trump continues to prattle off like a drunk fratboy, the opposition will have real, qualified candidates instead of angry morons trying to find offense at every word.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The Dems dodged a bullet!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Ah, now his tweet that he announced he hadn't endorsed any candidate makes sense. I think he's going to end up being a very important figure in the democratic party.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump is skipping the White House Correspondents' dinner....

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Isn't that the event where they roast the shit outta the president?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Father of dead Navy SEAL refused to meet Trump at ceremony

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national … 98a11a37c1

A portion pasted below:

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to see him,” Owens recalled telling the chaplain who informed him that Trump was on his way from Washington. “I told them I don’t want to meet the president.”

He said he was also troubled by the attack Trump leveled at Khizr and Ghazala Kahn, an American Muslim family whose Army officer son died in Iraq in 2004. The couple had criticized him at the Democratic National Convention last summer. He also questioned why the president approved the raid a week after taking office.

“I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him,” Owens told the Herald. “Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why? For two years prior, there were no boots on the ground in Yemen — everything was missiles and drones — because there was not a target worth one American life. Now, all of a sudden we had to make this grand display?”

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Father of dead Navy SEAL refused to meet Trump at ceremony

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national … 98a11a37c1

A portion pasted below:

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to see him,” Owens recalled telling the chaplain who informed him that Trump was on his way from Washington. “I told them I don’t want to meet the president.”

He said he was also troubled by the attack Trump leveled at Khizr and Ghazala Kahn, an American Muslim family whose Army officer son died in Iraq in 2004. The couple had criticized him at the Democratic National Convention last summer. He also questioned why the president approved the raid a week after taking office.

“I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him,” Owens told the Herald. “Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why? For two years prior, there were no boots on the ground in Yemen — everything was missiles and drones — because there was not a target worth one American life. Now, all of a sudden we had to make this grand display?”

Let me get this straight...Trump haphazardly sends people on a high risk mission and it failed miserably...resulting in deaths

And now he wants to come and shake the fathers hand?

Lmao

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I think Trump wanted a quick show of force and a military "win."  Too busy Tweeting about Alec Baldwin to oversee the operation apparently. Good thing the Republicans will demand an investigation of this, similar to Benghazi, until they get to the bottom of it all!

mitchejw wrote:

Isn't that the event where they roast the shit outta the president?

You know it. Our thin skinned Cheeto can't handle it, too much of a snowflake.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

And the parents of those killed in Benghazi all came out against Hillary. Cindy Sheehan came out against Bush. It's almost as if parents who lose their child in war might be emotional about it.  None of us know if Yemen was a fuck up. The death of Soldiers shouldn't be politicized. I can't think of one person I served with who said "if I get clipped out here, please make sure my parents or spouse are interviewed for their political positions."

They lost a child. The worst thing a parent can endure. Their son was spec ops, who knew what he was up against and gladly served his country in that capacity.

Board footer