You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Trump now thinks Obama is behind any protest against him....this guy is truly delusional...even if it's just pandering to his base

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump to possibly announce an immigration plan which may discuss a path to legalization and a path to citizenship for dreamers tonight at his address.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump to possibly announce an immigration plan which may discuss a path to legalization and a path to citizenship for dreamers tonight at his address.

I'm onboard with this as long as they include a clause to not grant citizenship to any children born of parents on US soil whom are here illegally.  Fix this loophole, and the sob stories about "breaking up families" (never mind their children have dual citizenship and can return with their parent(s)) comes to an end.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Do this and build the wall I am good. I have many illegals I would love to sponsor so they can get a tax ID and live here peacefully. This is very important and can win over the Hispanic vote for years to come. WE NEED THEM HERE.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Do this and build the wall I am good. I have many illegals I would love to sponsor so they can get a tax ID and live here peacefully. This is very important and can win over the Hispanic vote for years to come. WE NEED THEM HERE.

I'm sitting here trying to find a reason to argue...other than the stupid ass wall....

Then I realized that this shit was proposed under Obama and in back to thinking...hypocrisy

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I'm sitting here trying to find a reason to argue...other than the stupid ass wall....

Then I realized that this shit was proposed under Obama and in back to thinking...hypocrisy

Maybe because Obama didn't want to do anything about anchor babies or thought people committing felonies shouldn't be targets for deportation.  But why get into the details of a proposal.  You still seem to think any of the nonsense Bernie put forward was remotely realistic.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe because Obama didn't want to do anything about anchor babies

Or it would require overturning or rewriting the 14th Ammendment.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It would?  When did anchor babies gain US Citizenship?  Was it decided by a court case or was it decided by Lyndon Johnson in the 1960s?  This is the problem.  The left pushes the false narrative that the 14th amendment somehow grants citizenship to anyone born on US soil.  No court has ever ruled that this is how the 14th amendment is interpreted (Wong dealt with the children of legal residents) and "anchor babies" didn't receive citizenship until Johnson decided to do it that way in the 1960s.  All congress would have to do is pass a bill establishing new citizenship guidelines.  SCOTUS would be hard pressed (as well as any rational person) to interpret the meaning behind the 14th Amendment as granting citizenship to people who illegally enter our country instead of ensuring citizenship to former slaves and their children in the Reconstruction Era South.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It would?  When did anchor babies gain US Citizenship?

Isn't it worded:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Not saying I agree with the theory per se, just I believe it is worded that way. Not much up for interpretation imho.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It would?  When did anchor babies gain US Citizenship?  Was it decided by a court case or was it decided by Lyndon Johnson in the 1960s?  This is the problem.  The left pushes the false narrative that the 14th amendment somehow grants citizenship to anyone born on US soil.  No court has ever ruled that this is how the 14th amendment is interpreted (Wong dealt with the children of legal residents) and "anchor babies" didn't receive citizenship until Johnson decided to do it that way in the 1960s.  All congress would have to do is pass a bill establishing new citizenship guidelines.  SCOTUS would be hard pressed (as well as any rational person) to interpret the meaning behind the 14th Amendment as granting citizenship to people who illegally enter our country instead of ensuring citizenship to former slaves and their children in the Reconstruction Era South.

Speaking of a "wall of text"

Entering this country "legally" has sure been a bulls eye that seems to move over the years.

You dug in your heels over anchor babies....but I have to ask....have you ever met one?

Likely not....

Board footer