You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Or it would require overturning or rewriting the 14th Ammendment.

It would?  When did anchor babies gain US Citizenship?  Was it decided by a court case or was it decided by Lyndon Johnson in the 1960s?  This is the problem.  The left pushes the false narrative that the 14th amendment somehow grants citizenship to anyone born on US soil.  No court has ever ruled that this is how the 14th amendment is interpreted (Wong dealt with the children of legal residents) and "anchor babies" didn't receive citizenship until Johnson decided to do it that way in the 1960s.  All congress would have to do is pass a bill establishing new citizenship guidelines.  SCOTUS would be hard pressed (as well as any rational person) to interpret the meaning behind the 14th Amendment as granting citizenship to people who illegally enter our country instead of ensuring citizenship to former slaves and their children in the Reconstruction Era South.

Speaking of a "wall of text"

Entering this country "legally" has sure been a bulls eye that seems to move over the years.

You dug in your heels over anchor babies....but I have to ask....have you ever met one?

Likely not....

The only woman I've ever loved

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Very powerful moment.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Hell of a speech.  Will be interested to see how they spin this negatively.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Democratic Response was Boss!   Hillary f'ed up this entire election. How Steve Beshear didn't have a prominent role in her campaign I fucking don't know. Gave a great speech but also had healthcare work in his state??   Instead she was onstage rapping with Jay Z. Huma Aberdeen and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz fucked this up so bad it's incredible. It's literally hard to believe.  CBSN had a segment on last night about Erie, PA. A mid-sized small town that's admittedly down on it's luck.  Like alot of small towns it can swing both ways on occasion.  The residents there mostly said they voted for Trump and a big reason was she never visited?!   Not once.  I swear I think she came to Philly 4 times in the last 7 days. FOUR TIMES!!!  I'll go back in this thread and look but I'm pretty sure.  Just there, in 1 week she could've went to Erie or Scranton.  They totally ignored such a large segment of America it's astonishing.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Trumps speech was ok.  The Tweets and media bashing has to stop tomorrow. No more time for that shit anymore. He's no longer campaigning. Presidency starts 7AM tomorrow, act like it.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Hillary's campaign was so bad Randall Flagg voted for her. AND SHE STILL LOST!   16

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It would?  When did anchor babies gain US Citizenship?  Was it decided by a court case or was it decided by Lyndon Johnson in the 1960s?  This is the problem.  The left pushes the false narrative that the 14th amendment somehow grants citizenship to anyone born on US soil.  No court has ever ruled that this is how the 14th amendment is interpreted (Wong dealt with the children of legal residents) and "anchor babies" didn't receive citizenship until Johnson decided to do it that way in the 1960s.  All congress would have to do is pass a bill establishing new citizenship guidelines.  SCOTUS would be hard pressed (as well as any rational person) to interpret the meaning behind the 14th Amendment as granting citizenship to people who illegally enter our country instead of ensuring citizenship to former slaves and their children in the Reconstruction Era South.

Speaking of a "wall of text"

Entering this country "legally" has sure been a bulls eye that seems to move over the years.

You dug in your heels over anchor babies....but I have to ask....have you ever met one?

Likely not....

The only woman I've ever loved

You fell in love with an anchor baby? Am I reading this right?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Trumps speech was ok.  The Tweets and media bashing has to stop tomorrow. No more time for that shit anymore. He's no longer campaigning. Presidency starts 7AM tomorrow, act like it.

I don't even hear his speech...Trump is a disingenuous cheeto...I'm sure he views these speeches as something of a reality show...

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don't even hear his speech...Trump is a disingenuous cheeto...I'm sure he views these speeches as something of a reality show...

It was tepid, in a moderate way. Gone seemed the Bannon crazy rhetoric.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It was tepid, in a moderate way. Gone seemed the Bannon crazy rhetoric.

gone permanently? I would guess no

Board footer