You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Yea sure, 45k jobs created by Trump in 6 weeks. Just as I said...read an intro to economics book. Doesn't work that way.

Reminds me of Romney's promise to get UE to 6%. Politically it was a brilliant move. The work done by the Obama administration already had us on that trajectory. So if Romney got elected he could then claim credit for this. See? With Obama it was 8-9%, but today it's less than 6! This would have practically guaranteed him a second term IMO.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Okay...

http://www.motherjones.com/files/blog_c … 1_2017.jpg

Trump's tweet:

"45,000 construction & manufacturing jobs in the U.S. Gulf Coast region. $20 billion investment. We are already winning again, America!"

The White House Press Release: Darren W. Woods, chairman and chief executive officer of Exxon Mobil announced the company’s investment program during a keynote speech today to an oil and gas industry conference in Houston, Texas. “Investments of this scale require a pro-growth approach and a stable regulatory environment and we appreciate the President’s commitment to both.

The company’s Growing the Gulf program consists of 11 major chemical, refining, lubricant and liquefied natural gas projects at proposed new and existing facilities along the Texas and Louisiana coasts. Investments began in 2013 and are expected to continue through at least 2022.

Hahahahahaha! His own fucking press release admitted it was because of Obama!! We have been adding 20,000 jobs a month for 6 years. I concentrated on construction because in your own yahoo article you posted said that this construction job surge was also because of the recent cold spell that slowed down job growth in construction and this was a natural reaction.

What did Obama do?  Answer the question and quit avoiding it.  What law or policy did Obama enact that created jobs? 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 … ring-jobs/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/2 … 88365.html

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/13/news/ec … the-union/

So not only did "Obama" create less jobs than Clinton or Reagan, a significant portion of his "jobs" were part-time and he failed to maintain manufacturing jobs you're trying to claim credit in your unsourced construction graph.

What did Obama do to create jobs?  Can you answer that question?  If not, then you don't have a leg to stand on when people start to attribute jobs to Trump.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I already did, dingaling.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

I already did, dingaling.

Where?  I see a graph from Mother Jones ( really?) about construction jobs. If you can't, just say so. Don't claim you did something you didn't. What bill/law did Obama pass that created jobs?

Once you complete this simple task (which no, you haven't done) then we can look at the jobs created unless you think a 35k a year job counts the same as a part time job at McDonalds.

I'm Not interested in your opinion.  Either cite a source or quit defending a position you can't, dingaling.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jesus you're a baby.

The stimulus, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), which curbed the recession and got us back on track and started creating 20k jobs a month. The auto bailout, including cash for clunkers and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 and American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. He pulled us out of a job creation deficit. He was the best job creation president since Bill Clinton. Fact. Republicans rape the economy, democrats fix it. Now tell me why Trump gets credit for riding Obama's dick again?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

GM, Ford & Chrysler are alive & pretty stable. Ford stock got down to about $2 during W's crash, has bounced back to $12 which is more than it was for the majority of Bush's 8 years.

Oh, and with the auto industry, there are alot of jobs which depend on the auto industry. Dealers, mechanics, replacement parts manufacturers. It trickles down even further if you wanna implement trickle down economics. (Diners/fast food those employees ate at, new clothes and tvs they purchase when well employed, vacations etc)

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

and, as Mr ID said, there was that whole economic depression of 2008 that led the Republic Presidential candidate to offer to 'suspend' his campaign the economy was so bad. 

So there's that.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Okay...

http://www.motherjones.com/files/blog_c … 1_2017.jpg

Trump's tweet:

"45,000 construction & manufacturing jobs in the U.S. Gulf Coast region. $20 billion investment. We are already winning again, America!"

The White House Press Release: Darren W. Woods, chairman and chief executive officer of Exxon Mobil announced the company’s investment program during a keynote speech today to an oil and gas industry conference in Houston, Texas. “Investments of this scale require a pro-growth approach and a stable regulatory environment and we appreciate the President’s commitment to both.

The company’s Growing the Gulf program consists of 11 major chemical, refining, lubricant and liquefied natural gas projects at proposed new and existing facilities along the Texas and Louisiana coasts. Investments began in 2013 and are expected to continue through at least 2022.

Hahahahahaha! His own fucking press release admitted it was because of Obama!! We have been adding 20,000 jobs a month for 6 years. I concentrated on construction because in your own yahoo article you posted said that this construction job surge was also because of the recent cold spell that slowed down job growth in construction and this was a natural reaction.

Trump did this....duh

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I saw an interview with Elijah Cummings and he spoke very highly of Trump.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Haha in two days it's already being dubbed Trumpcare....

This is brilliant framing

Board footer