You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting back to normalcy. I wasn't watching anything except a little CNN when I went to bed... I just have zero tolerance for Trump and his minions now.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting back to normalcy. I wasn't watching anything except a little CNN when I went to bed... I just have zero tolerance for Trump and his minions now.

Ya know ID...that may be the exact thing to take the wind out of the Trump supporter's sail...no reaction....

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

So much going on...almost too much to keep up with.

GOP speaks out against Trump's wire tap claim. Trump cabinet claims he didn't mean it literally, but then doubles down on it again. Then says the British actually worked with Obama to spy on him, which they promptly deny.

Healthcare overhaul proposal looks like a no-go. Court again shuts down Trump's new travel ban. Budget proposal is DOA, but the programs he wants to gut and the agencies he wants to eliminate altogether are terrifying.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Definitely was a quiet week. I think one side, people on all sides were waiting out to see where this wiretappping this was going. Definitely could use some explaining. I think he also toned down his twitter and polarizing accusations. Someone probably spoke to him.

Secondly, I think he's grasping how politics works. He never really listened to anybody in the business world. Was a business owner, but not a CEO in the way he would meet with bboardmembers,  Just its not a campaign trail, and even GOPers arent on board with everything he says. As SLC said Trumpcare seems doa, immigration 2.0 seems stalled, havent heard Bannon or Priebus name all week.

Personally i think he doesnt have the temperment temperament  for it, and I also think they're planning out on how to move forward. If Obamacare doesnt get repealed he's gonna hate saying it and will likely say theyll do it next year.

Its just all his radical ideas like Mexico paying for a wall, repeal Obamacare, hire a special prosecutor, ban muslims.  Not 1 of those he followed thru on, yet people were out there cheering him on when he was campaigning. False promises.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Remarkably however, in such a non-news week, Rachel Maddow managed to fuck her career up. That was bad to release those tax returns, she underestimated her audience. There wasn't a story in that, she should have pulled the plug on that and not tweeted or mentioned it. Maybe just acknowledge what it was, call it a 'rumored version' of Trumps 2005 return floating out there that confirms Trump did pay an estimated $38 million in taxes.  (and I say 'rumored' because while I know its it, there's no reason for her to say for sure it's the real one )

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Remarkably however, in such a non-news week, Rachel Maddow managed to fuck her career up. That was bad to release those tax returns, she underestimated her audience. There wasn't a story in that, she should have pulled the plug on that and not tweeted or mentioned it. Maybe just acknowledge what it was, call it a 'rumored version' of Trumps 2005 return floating out there that confirms Trump did pay an estimated $38 million in taxes.  (and I say 'rumored' because while I know its it, there's no reason for her to say for sure it's the real one )

I can't believe she fell for that.

Maddow is brilliant, but she does the same thing all the other political shows do (builds bullshit on totally disingenuous claims etc), which is why I don't watch them.  In reality she could probably do one great show a week, but since she's 5 days a week, she (and all the other shows) needs material, so they spin.

But what she did this week was simply embarrassing. Some people speculate that Trump played her on this (leaking this little tidbit himself), and I'd tend to believe that. The WH also had a statement ready to go pretty quickly on it. It would work great for the Trump narrative, show a tax rate at 25%, and make her look stupid. I still can't believe she looked at that doc and decided it was a big scoop.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bill Maher swears the leak came from Trump.  Yeah, she screwed the pooch.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If Trump planted that, it would have to be one of the most brilliant trolls ever.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Maybe Maddow's flub will encourage the media from running every bullshit rumor about Trump. I'd love for them to analyze Trump's immigration EO on air and try to explain why those countries don't deserve scrutiny. Extra bonus for all the pundits who defended Obama's EO but now think Trump crossed a line.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If Trump planted that, it would have to be one of the most brilliant trolls ever.

I really couldn't argue with that...not one bit

Board footer