You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Maybe Maddow's flub will encourage the media from running every bullshit rumor about Trump. I'd love for them to analyze Trump's immigration EO on air and try to explain why those countries don't deserve scrutiny. Extra bonus for all the pundits who defended Obama's EO but now think Trump crossed a line.

I thought the whole reason it's being declared unconstitutional is that is is pretty much a discrimination against a large group of people for religious reasons.

It has nothing to do with those countries deserving or not deserving scrutiny.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Maybe Maddow's flub will encourage the media from running every bullshit rumor about Trump. I'd love for them to analyze Trump's immigration EO on air and try to explain why those countries don't deserve scrutiny. Extra bonus for all the pundits who defended Obama's EO but now think Trump crossed a line.

I thought the whole reason it's being declared unconstitutional is that is is pretty much a discrimination against a large group of people for religious reasons.

It has nothing to do with those countries deserving or not deserving scrutiny.

So these countries may be deserving of scrutiny due to unique qualifiers, but because some call it a Muslim ban (despite 85% of the world's Muslims not being affected), it can't be enforced?

Or do you think anything called "discrimination" is defacto unconstitutional?

Shouldn't the dream shit be unconstitutional since it discriminates against any illegal immigrant/non-citizen who isn't Hispanic?  Syrians can't swim the Rio, so we need to end this program as it discriminates against non-citizens that lack a direct land bridge.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Trump is a lying cunt. He's a small time, low grade lying conman who deserves every ounce of ridicule possible. He's a liar. The only problem I have with the media is they need to stop calling them falsehoods, but lies. He's a huge, infantile liar.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Let's stop all immigration, all adoptions and all births. Problem solved.

misterID

misterID wrote:

"despite 85% of the world's Muslims not being affected"

That's such a dipshit argument, when the majority of people affected ARE Muslim. Especially when you originally say people who practice a minority religion in a Muslim country gets a pass, which just leaves....Muslims. Just because segregation in the US didn't affect every single black person on planet earth didn't make the law not racist.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

That's such a dipshit argument, when the majority of people affected ARE Muslim. Especially when you originally say people who practice a minority religion in a Muslim country gets a pass, which just leaves....Muslims. Just because segregation in the US didn't affect every single black person on planet earth didn't make the law not racist.

I could give a fuck about any religion. But don't pretend that Christians don't face extreme persecution including death in some of these countries. You can't name a single western country that hangs people who leave Christianity or have a minority religion that is routinely beaten and killed.

The whole refugee thing is largely a farce as most are simply economic refugees and even those from Iraq and Syria have entire areas of their countries they could relocate to that aren't under siege. If Connecticut suddenly had a civil war, does that mean Germany has to let residents of Connecticut flee to Berlin?  If Texas revolted against the country and the federal government responded to quell the rebellion, does that mean Canada has to accept Texans that supported the rebellion?

This EO will hold up at SCOTUS. This is one power that is clearly outlined in the Constitution.   That this has even become a divisive issue shows you how off the reservation a portion of our country has become. Completely existing in a bubble, totally unaware of what the world is like.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You can go around the block all you want, the fact is he promised a Muslim ban, big mouth Rudy spoke on Fox that Don wanted a way to do a Muslim ban and make it look legit. When people throw out ridiculous talking points about the world's Muslim population not being affected, that old dog ain't gonna hunt. He's a dirty old man in chief. And a liar.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

I could give a fuck about any religion. But don't pretend that Christians don't face extreme persecution including death in some of these countries. You can't name a single western country that hangs people who leave Christianity or have a minority religion that is routinely beaten and

While we're at it then...fuck Christianity ...

The whole idea is to fight over semantics...religions is just a constant fight over semantics....

And you are playing right in

Randall Flagg

So for months, the left has said Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia. Comey says that's not true. No credible source has provided a single shred of evidence to the contrary. Will you guys finally admit Clinton was just a shit candidate who lost because she catered to everyone in identity politics besides the group that actually built this country and keeps it moving?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So for months, the left has said Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia. Comey says that's not true. No credible source has provided a single shred of evidence to the contrary.

I'm confused, I only caught blips so far on the web/radio but I thought they confirmed an investigation was in process. I agree with your sentiments otherwise, but I don't think this is over?  Far from it in fact.

Maybe I followed Maddow not Breitbart 16

Board footer