You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

I just feel this is all a distraction. Of course we should all pay close attention to any evidence revealed or anything from someone from the agencies or from the intelligence committee.  If Trump did work with Russia to hack the DNC, or to coordinate anything from said hack, he should be impeached without question. But there's no evidence to support this despite an 8 month investigation. No analyst has blown a whistle ala Snowden. No Senator has come forward stating there's classified evidence proving collusion, asking on Congress to act. Not a single fucking thing.

So we've spent weeks talking about a crime drama, and no one is really giving much thought to Gorsuch or the brand new health care law Ryan is putting up. No discussion on the shit that really matters. We're arguing over fantasy rather than saying "maybe we shouldn't cut this agency" or "maybe we should give Gorsuch a fair hearing".

That's the gag. This is what Russia wanted. We're arguing over the plot of an ABC drama and not doing a fucking thing to Russia. It's not even a story asking for consequences. Everyone has forgot. We still don't have a full cabinet and it's been 60 days without a single bill out of congress that means dick. Trump is fighting over immigrants from 6 countries no one fucking cares about and whom we lack any formal diplomatic ties with one. I can't recall the last person from Sudan who shot up a mall or blew up a recruiting office. So it seems like we already had this pretty much under control.  None of this has to do with the Presidents power to increase external security, but it affects no one and is a total waste of time. Petty bullshit and internal drama. And we're falling for it hook line and sinker.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

If Trump hadn't made that 'Saturday morning tweet heard round the world' I think this Russia thing wouldn't calmed down. Not died, but calmed alot more. I agree it pushed everything else aside, healthcare, immigration EO 2.0, Gorsuch...

It's his own doing, in more ways than one.  Maybe it's the calm before the storm.  Muah haha haha ha

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Russia succeeded because they embarrassed us. They helped give us a shit stain on our heritage. They know he's a disaster, that he's a moron, that he's an embarrassment on an international level. They humiliated us. They won.

Randall Flagg

So Carlson just had a Democratic member of the house intelligence community on. Comey said today that he knows Putin wanted to harm Hillary. The intel member said that our intel shows Putin thought Clinton was going to win, and only wanted to have the baggage of the hacks bog her down. He never thought Trump would win. 

That right there throws a big wrench into the narrative Trump worked with Russia to win and that Putin is some big puppet master. His plan failed.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

As of now this is a non story with potential to become a story.

It's been a non issue since day one when not a single Democrat, with all the leaks, could provide a single shred of evidence. That hasn't changed. It's fan fiction for those unwilling to accept they lost the election.

haha, yea I'm sure you said that with Hillary's emails, or Benghazi...or anything else Hillary...same for Smoking Guns.

Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.infowars.com/nsa-documents- … lex-jones/

Am I doing it right?  Or are we only using fake news when it comes from Mother Jones or Think Progress?

Who here is putting up info from lefty sites constantly as a source?

Besides, many of us have said several times, the majority of what we discuss is something Trump actually said or did. Trump is the source. His Twitter feed, the GOP health care bill they put forth, the proposed budget and what they will be gutting. Nobody needs a lefty site for this.

PaSnow wrote:

I may be wrong, but was Carter, Reagan, HW, Clinton, Bush or Obama ever being mentioned as involved in an investigation by the head of the FBI?

It's NOT normal.

You're certainly not wrong.

Regardless of what they find or do not find, an investigation that includes the POTUS and his administration in possible cahoots with Russia is a big fucking deal. I've never seen anything like it in my life. The FBI feels it has enough evidence to warrant an investigation.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So Carlson just had a Democratic member of the house intelligence community on. Comey said today that he knows Putin wanted to harm Hillary. The intel member said that our intel shows Putin thought Clinton was going to win, and only wanted to have the baggage of the hacks bog her down. He never thought Trump would win. 

That right there throws a big wrench into the narrative Trump worked with Russia to win and that Putin is some big puppet master. His plan failed.

Way to work the case Flagg.  The FBI had to launch a full investigation into what detective over here cracked by watching an episode of Tucker Carlson.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Way to work the case Flagg.  The FBI had to launch a full investigation into what detective over here cracked by watching an episode of Tucker Carlson.

I'm not saying it's cracked. I'm saying that people who have actually been briefed say Putin never thought Trump would win. Whether it's true or not, I don't know any more than you. But it certainly hurts the story Trump coordinated with Putin.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:

The FBI feels it has enough evidence to warrant an investigation.

That's where you're wrong. The presence of an investigation doesn't mean they have evidence. They're the federal bureau of investigation. Everything they do is an investigation.  Accusations were charged. Russia was behind the hacks. It'd be a dereliction of duty if they didn't validate nothing illegal happened.

Comey repeatedly said (many times today, so I may not have the exact wording memorized) "don't infer my 'no comment' implies guilt or any evidence."  You're doing just that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They've been investigating since July. How long from when Comey dropped his bullshit letter on Hillary and admitted there was nothing to it? All roads from Trump lead to Moscow. That's a bit more than coincidental. Russia won. Completely outsmarted us and kicked our ass.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I just feel this is all a distraction. Of course we should all pay close attention to any evidence revealed or anything from someone from the agencies or from the intelligence committee.  If Trump did work with Russia to hack the DNC, or to coordinate anything from said hack, he should be impeached without question. But there's no evidence to support this despite an 8 month investigation. No analyst has blown a whistle ala Snowden. No Senator has come forward stating there's classified evidence proving collusion, asking on Congress to act. Not a single fucking thing.

So we've spent weeks talking about a crime drama, and no one is really giving much thought to Gorsuch or the brand new health care law Ryan is putting up. No discussion on the shit that really matters. We're arguing over fantasy rather than saying "maybe we shouldn't cut this agency" or "maybe we should give Gorsuch a fair hearing".

That's the gag. This is what Russia wanted. We're arguing over the plot of an ABC drama and not doing a fucking thing to Russia. It's not even a story asking for consequences. Everyone has forgot. We still don't have a full cabinet and it's been 60 days without a single bill out of congress that means dick. Trump is fighting over immigrants from 6 countries no one fucking cares about and whom we lack any formal diplomatic ties with one. I can't recall the last person from Sudan who shot up a mall or blew up a recruiting office. So it seems like we already had this pretty much under control.  None of this has to do with the Presidents power to increase external security, but it affects no one and is a total waste of time. Petty bullshit and internal drama. And we're falling for it hook line and sinker.

Ok fine....let's just say it's a distraction....and nothing more....that's a VERY big IF....

What is there to discuss at this point? Trump and the Repugs are in control of the government. There isn't much discussion or debate to be had....they're going to do what they want and call it a success purely because they did it...

Trumpcare? It sucks....it's pretty much going back to the way things used to be. I've repeatedly said in this thread that how Trump handles healthcare is what matters most to me. I cannot believe how poorly he is handling this issue. Republicans don't care about healthcare....and they're so angry about the black guy who made it all happen that they're willing to destroy healthcare for everyone just to erase the most important thing Obama ever did....and my brother who before age 11 had a liver transplant will be one of the people that suffer...who by the way holds a job the best he can that will not offer him health insurance.

Gorsuch? I thought he came off very well at the hearing today. But if you're asking us all to just forget about the temper tantrums that dumbfucks Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan played for a YEAR....fuck that....and fuck you too

Board footer