You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh, he didn't care about Obamacare anyway! Now on to his uuuge tax and trade plans, which Wal-Mart is geared to wage war on because of the boarder taxes (tariffs) and he might fail there, too.

That is gonna be interesting. Esp the Walmart crowd v Border Tax.  It's obvious it will raise prices & effect the economy in some form. Will people want it or not is the question.

Those aren't even Democrats he'll be fighting with...I think this is a weird issue that a certain sect of Democrats almost agree with Trump on...but will never help him accomplish anything. I think the part that they agree on is that Wal-Mart is a huge, billion dollar company and the Walton family has chosen to pay its lowest level employees like garbage.

In addition, it puts businesses in small towns out of business and becomes a suck hole for the economy. As Wal-Mart takes more of the market, the money basically goes back and forth from Wal-mart to employee and back. To be more specific, the Wal-Mart employee does all their shopping at Wal-Mart virtually sucking every penny out of a local economy.

Another reason this is interesting...is, I thought the John Kerry crowd already made all these arguments back in the mid-2000s and they mostly fell on deaf ears. This is an old issue. There may even be cob webs on it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

The whole thing is a massive embarrassment for Trump and Ryan. I wasn't exactly thrilled with this plan, but at least it would have gotten something on the table for the Senate to improve. The tea party is and always has been fucking stupid and I was hoping they'd go away after Cruz lost the nomination.

But Trump is right about Democrats being the ones responsible when premiums spike again next year and more insurers leave the exchange.  People also forget it took Democrats over a year to come up with the ACA, because they too couldn't unite their party behind their first attempts.

Hopefully the parties come together to come up with something better. Or the Democrats can follow ^ and continue to be a bunch of screaming children. Spiked premiums aren't going to help the Democrats, especially under Pelosi, win the midterms.

Hopefully they get tax reform moving and follow up quickly with immigration reform. I'm hoping Trump and co lead a push to primary all the freedom caucus retards. We already have one party screaming like a toddler, we don't need that in the GOP as well.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The whole thing is a massive embarrassment for Trump and Ryan. I wasn't exactly thrilled with this plan, but at least it would have gotten something on the table for the Senate to improve. The tea party is and always has been fucking stupid and I was hoping they'd go away after Cruz lost the nomination.

But Trump is right about Democrats being the ones responsible when premiums spike again next year and more insurers leave the exchange.  People also forget it took Democrats over a year to come up with the ACA, because they too couldn't unite their party behind their first attempts.

Hopefully the parties come together to come up with something better. Or the Democrats can follow ^ and continue to be a bunch of screaming children. Spiked premiums aren't going to help the Democrats, especially under Pelosi, win the midterms.

Hopefully they get tax reform moving and follow up quickly with immigration reform. I'm hoping Trump and co lead a push to primary all the freedom caucus retards. We already have one party screaming like a toddler, we don't need that in the GOP as well.

I see, so even though the Republicans control all three levers of the government right now, this is still the Democrats fault? I don't think that's going to catch anyone's ears too well at the midterm elections. Especially if we're pretty much at the same place then  that we are now.

Don't expect any help from Democrats. You've abused and alienated us throughout this whole process and you're going to go down with the ship.

Let's just say that the Democrats take control of one or both  let's just say that the Democrats take control of one or both the house or the Senate,  if they propose some sort of single-payer option I don't trust Trump. He is the most petty of anyone here. He's not a leader.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

But Trump is right about Democrats being the ones responsible when premiums spike again next year and more insurers leave the exchange.

Trump is wrong and so are you.

Marco Rubio is the reason for that spike. He gutted the risk corridor provision of Obamacare inside a spending bill. As a result insurance companies were only getting paid 13% of what they were promised by the law. What do you think is going to happen then? He did more damage to the ACA than anybody else, but he also hurt businesses, and consumers.  Something he professes to care so deeply about. He's a pure slimeball through and through.

All major insurance companies warned that by doing this it would implode the markets, and that's exactly what happened. Over half of the non profit insurance companies inside the exchanges have gone bankrupt. Many are now suing the government for breach of their obligations. Others raised premiums and left the market altogether.

Of course then people like Marco Rubio will turn around and say "See! It's failing!" Well of course it's failing, he fucked up one of the most important financial aspects of the law. One that keeps these insurance companies solvent.

So quit lying about this shit, it's already been pointed out to you.

Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't think "quick" is panning out for Trump. So far he's failed twice on his travel ban, healthcare and having Mexico pay for his wall. Furthermore their healthcare overhaul was supposed to be the first segment of their tax reform, so they're already behind on that. Because of this, it's going to be very difficult for Agent Orange to propose any cuts that don't grow the deficit and pile on more debt.

The reality is that Trump can't lead. He doesn't understand how government works and is simply too toxic. With more failures to enact legislation around the corner Wall Street's suckers rally is going to come to an end once reality sets in as well.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Looks like Flynn may have flipped and is cutting a deal.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

What happened?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

But Trump is right about Democrats being the ones responsible when premiums spike again next year and more insurers leave the exchange.

Trump is wrong and so are you.

Marco Rubio is the reason for that spike. He gutted the risk corridor provision of Obamacare inside a spending bill. As a result insurance companies were only getting paid 13% of what they were promised by the law. What do you think is going to happen then? He did more damage to the ACA than anybody else, but he also hurt businesses, and consumers.  Something he professes to care so deeply about. He's a pure slimeball through and through.

All major insurance companies warned that by doing this it would implode the markets, and that's exactly what happened. Over half of the non profit insurance companies inside the exchanges have gone bankrupt. Many are now suing the government for breach of their obligations. Others raised premiums and left the market altogether.

Of course then people like Marco Rubio will turn around and say "See! It's failing!" Well of course it's failing, he fucked up one of the most important financial aspects of the law. One that keeps these insurance companies solvent.

So quit lying about this shit, it's already been pointed out to you.

Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't think "quick" is panning out for Trump. So far he's failed twice on his travel ban, healthcare and having Mexico pay for his wall. Furthermore their healthcare overhaul was supposed to be the first segment of their tax reform, so they're already behind on that. Because of this, it's going to be very difficult for Agent Orange to propose any cuts that don't grow the deficit and pile on more debt.

The reality is that Trump can't lead. He doesn't understand how government works and is simply too toxic. With more failures to enact legislation around the corner Wall Street's suckers rally is going to come to an end once reality sets in as well.

This. This so much. How little Marco keeps slithering his way out of responsibility is maddening. Here in TN I have to say the Governor was going mad trying to get the funding for Obamacare, like Kentucky, but the state politicians blocked it.

Trump didn't have the guts to take responsibility for the defeat. They planned on getting the bill passed without Democrats, that was the plan, so no one bothered courting them or getting their participation to get those votes, he couldn't sway his own party. So he dumps the blame on dems like a little bitch. They needed to pass healthcare to help set up their tax cuts, now they can't do what they wanted on tax cuts, and the freedom caucus will stone wall them yet again for not going far enough with tax cuts.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

What happened?

It's all over my twitter feed from legit peeps, but I would say it's more speculation...for now. Might be breaking fast.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Does anyone else see the irony in a "freedom caucus" obstructing regardless of context or circumstance?

14 14 14 14

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

What happened?

It's all over my twitter feed from legit peeps, but I would say it's more speculation...for now. Might be breaking fast.

It's so sketchy...that's for sure...he could have volunteered any of the last 9 months...yet chooses now...

Interestingly, March and April were two terrible months for Nixon as well. It all fell apart for him...and in May...shit really hit the fan. The timeline is set into motion with day 1 being election day...you can't truly investigate until Trump is president...right?!

It's all speculation at this point, I know....but man alive has this been a shitty 2 months for Trump or what?

Board footer