You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Folks seem impressed with Rex Tillerson

I think by "impressed" you mean "he wasn't an abject failure in his first test of his high position". Yeah, you're right, congrats!  After the failure's of:
Steve Bannon
Mike Flynn
Paul Matafort
Kelly Anne Conway
Sean Spicer
Betsy DeVos
Jeff Sessions

It seems so far, Rex Tillerson didn't completely fail like all those picks.

Ain't bad.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

Why would the left want America to fail?

Ignoring that you've been ending half your posts with "fuck trump yesterday, today and tomorrow", and have repeatedly said you don't want Democrats to work with Trump or Republicans,  I think that statement relies heavily on how you define both "America" and "fail".

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Ignoring that you've been ending half your posts with "fuck trump yesterday, today and tomorrow", and have repeatedly said you don't want Democrats to work with Trump or Republicans,  I think that statement relies heavily on how you define both "America" and "fail".

Well first, when the entire agenda is centered around destroying things liberals like (EPA, public education, science)  ...it's hard to support that

In addition...Trump insults liberals all the time....then expects them to get on board?!?!?

By your definition, the Republicans in congress for the last 6 years also fit right in with the left and wanting America to fail.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Well first, when the entire agenda is centered around destroying things liberals like (EPA, public education, science)  ...it's hard to support that

In addition...Trump insults liberals all the time....then expects them to get on board?!?!?

By your definition, the Republicans in congress for the last 6 years also fit right in with the left and wanting America to fail.

It's not my definition because I don't believe any substantial portion of the left wants the country to fail, but yes you're right. There was a small portion of tea party types who I would agree wanted the country to fail. Disagreeing with policy or a nominee doesn't mean you hate America.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Less than 100 days in, and we're dropping bombs. Not sure I feel too comfortable about all this. More info needed regarding how remote this area was, if any innocent civilians were killed, and the damage that was done overall. Also with whom did he review this with, or was it just his (inexperienced) inner-circle.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Less than 100 days in, and we're dropping bombs. Not sure I feel too comfortable about all this. More info needed regarding how remote this area was, if any innocent civilians were killed, and the damage that was done overall. Also with whom did he review this with, or was it just his (inexperienced) inner-circle.

Won't he consider bombing Mexico? Or blue states?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

and so it begins...

https://gma.yahoo.com/carter-page-somet … ries.html#

It's all like an onion that keeps on peeling.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

and so it begins...

More comes out...

British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

Exclusive: GCHQ is said to have alerted US agencies after becoming aware of contacts in 2015

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 … dit_is_fun

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

and so it begins...

More comes out...

British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

Exclusive: GCHQ is said to have alerted US agencies after becoming aware of contacts in 2015

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 … dit_is_fun

Alright...so let's be as objective as possible with this....

As has been stated over and over again...there has yet to be any smoking gun.

However, there continues to be shreds of circumstantial and real evidence to point out that something was going on between Russia and Trump. Was it just a routine prospective presidential candidate creating a relationship with a foreign power or was something more dangerous going on?

Is it illegal to offer favors to a foreign power in exchange for their assistance in getting elected? I am not sure about that...but I do know it's morally bankrupt and unethical to the core. Certainly, it's as un-American as anything Hillary is accused of doing.

It seems logical to me though that this cloud will hang over him until at least the mid-terms next year.

But there's also the fact that if more and more is continued to be uncovered...and people offering testimony in exchange for immunity blow this thing wide open...Trump is guilty of exactly the same thing that Nixon was...

Nixon didn't resign/get impeached because of Watergate...he resigned because of the massive cover up in which he was caught on tape saying he could easily using campaign funds to pay people off and keep them quiet to protect his presidency. He was offering to pay people off for the rest of their lives with campaign cash stashed all over the place. He went to every length to obstruct justice and was fond of the saying, "if the president does it, it's not illegal."

Nixon repeatedly lied on and off the record. If he hadn't been pardoned by Gerald Ford, we would likely know even more about what he lied about. The combination of him being pardoned and resigning saved him from having to make the choice between lying in front of a grand jury or spilling his guts....neither of which ends well for him. Nor would it for Trump.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump is ready to attack North Korea if they follow through with any tests this weekend. China is asking both sides to tone down the rhetoric before this goes too far.

I hope you right wing shits are proud of yourselves.

Board footer