You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/b5e7d52f-2 … ollar.html

This is what I'm talking about...

Trumps 'anti-tax' agenda is not a true tax decrease....lower federal tax rates...but eliminate deducations...

more corporate welfare though....

Deductions is how millionaires like Sanders and Obama payed less then 20% in federal taxes. If you want to have a serious discussion on tax reform, and you think people should pay their "fair share" you have to look at deductions.

Hiring an accountant or lawyer shouldn't be a requirement to avoid paying what you owe.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Trumps 'anti-tax' agenda is not a true tax decrease....lower federal tax rates...but eliminate deducations...

Deductions is how millionaires like Sanders and Obama payed less then 20% in federal taxes. If you want to have a serious discussion on tax reform, and you think people should pay their "fair share" you have to look at deductions.

Hiring an accountant or lawyer shouldn't be a requirement to avoid paying what you owe.

I use these tax credits and I'm not a millionaire...Sanders and Obama are the only two millionaires that use these credits? lmao...Trump doesn't use the tax code to his benefit? and now that he's writing it...do you suppose that he will be writing more benefits into the code?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Lmao wait...now I see what you're saying...liberals who make money shouldn't be able to use tax credits but knuckle degrading trump supporters should?

That's pretty twisted

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Lmao wait...now I see what you're saying...liberals who make money shouldn't be able to use tax credits but knuckle degrading trump supporters should?

That's pretty twisted

How do you take away that from what I said. I've said before I support increasing taxes to pay off the debt, and limiting deductions.  As a business owner there are special circumstances you should be able to deduct that I can not. But deductions allow the wealthy, regardless of party (I just called out Sanders and Obama because they paid a lower amount than most middle class Americans because they have the lawyers and accountants).

I'm not going to pretend I have any real knowledge on tax law, but I fundamentally reject the notion our code should be so convoluted you need to hire someone to find the loopholes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That's pretty twisted

How do you take away that from what I said. I've said before I support increasing taxes to pay off the debt, and limiting deductions.  As a business owner there are special circumstances you should be able to deduct that I can not. But deductions allow the wealthy, regardless of party (I just called out Sanders and Obama because they paid a lower amount than most middle class Americans because they have the lawyers and accountants).

I'm not going to pretend I have any real knowledge on tax law, but I fundamentally reject the notion our code should be so convoluted you need to hire someone to find the loopholes.

Randall is correct. The deductions help those with more than those without.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Jesus Christ guys...I do my own taxes and I do them well and by the law. I pay 9k per year in property tax. Do you even pay property tax?

Taxes should be fun....it's just a long  list things to deduct. These deductions mostly come thanks to republicans.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

My property taxes are dirt cheap in NV. On the other hand our services are stretched thin as a result (and idiots still bitch about property taxes here.) Go live in the NE, then you'd have something to bitch about I'd imagine.

Federal tax paid this year = ouch. We are close to needing an accountant if things get a little more complicated, but so far Tax Act online still works fine.

Tax code is written for wealthy peeps, just like everything else is written in favor of the wealthy in this country. No shocker there.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Jesus Christ guys...I do my own taxes and I do them well and by the law. I pay 9k per year in property tax. Do you even pay property tax?

Taxes should be fun....it's just a long  list things to deduct. These deductions mostly come thanks to republicans.

Yes we pay property tax. But that is a state tax...

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

My property tax is around 6k a year for my house. I'm not interested in trying to pin blame on our tax system. If you want to blame republicans, cool. I'm just saying that in my opinion, we have too many things counted as deductions. I don't think state taxes should be 100% deductible, especially when states like California are actively working to usurp federal law with their sanctuary bullshit.

AtariLegend wrote:

Poor Bill O'Reily.

Board footer