You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Poor Bill O'Reily.

My schadenfreude is off the charts, I'm not gonna lie.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bill O'Rielly had an awesome show.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Jesus Christ guys...I do my own taxes and I do them well and by the law. I pay 9k per year in property tax. Do you even pay property tax?

Taxes should be fun....it's just a long  list things to deduct. These deductions mostly come thanks to republicans.

My property tax is around 6k a year for my house. I'm not interested in trying to pin blame on our tax system. If you want to blame republicans, cool. I'm just saying that in my opinion, we have too many things counted as deductions. I don't think state taxes should be 100% deductible, especially when states like California are actively working to usurp federal law with their sanctuary bullshit.

It's not blaming, I'm thanking. Those tax credits can make a bad year financially tolerable.

Why should I as a business owner have to pay in at every turn? The Workmen's Comp.  it's a tax. The state and federal unemployment tax. Social Security matching responsibilities are tax.  How many times do I have to pay him? That's why I was initially excited about trumps tax reform but really he just meant tax reform for him and people in his income bracket.

Aren't Republicans supposed to be the champion of free market Low tax economics? Are you now going for a tax increase? And if so on who? Never on you right?

I thought he was going to simultaneously lower taxes and raise spending just like Reagan.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Huh?! Was it his last?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Huh?! Was it his last?

He's gone. What's even more rich is that the NY Times article is what really got the ball rolling on this. I just love that irony.

Maybe he can work for the Trump administration now? Pussy grabber and hot chocolate...together they fight crime.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Huh?! Was it his last?

He's gone. What's even more rich is that the NY Times article is what really got the ball rolling on this. I just love that irony.

Maybe he can work for the Trump administration now? Pussy grabber and hot chocolate...together they fight crime.

couldn't have happened to a nicer guy....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Was it really "awesome" tho in any way? All those political big talking face shows, none are much good in any way. Did he invent the genre?  If so, then I guess it was groundbreaking in that sense. But aside from that, it's just all filler & fluff. Here's a breakdown of a daily epsiode:

2 minute intro of the episodes 4 main stories
2 minute commercial break
6 minutes talking about the days top story.
4 minute commercial break
6 minutes talking with some nitwit via satellite/skype about Topic 2
2 minute update on the bottom of the hour (8:30).
6 minutes with 2 more nitwits arguing on split screen
6 minutes talking about a made up story #4
2 minutes of the humorous bit "Nitwit of the day" or whatever he had.
2 minute daily recap and intro into who's next.

Sorry, but all those shows are very formulaic. When you break it down, they really only need to spend 6-10 minutes on the main subject or two, after that they're just filling the backend with garbage.

AtariLegend wrote:

Loving the Anderson Cooper 360 panel debating O'Reily as the top story.

Fox News is a subscription channel here for some reason, curious what their coverage of this is like tongue.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Maybe Trump should drain the swamp.....

I'm not sure what this means...

I was joking.

So much for draining the swamp...now Trump is part of the swamp.

That was my point.

You're so white it's gross.

Racist!

In the early 2000s it was great. He called it down the middle. Then it just spiraled out of control and went down the toilet.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He was pretty much always a Limbaugh knock off to me. I'll always see him as the Inside Edition guy. I'm really dating myself. tongue

Board footer