You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Pence has no authority to change anything.  Trump has never condoned conversion therapy, and with the recent SCOTUS ruling, states are able to ban such practice.  So your claim that the "administration supports conversion therapy" is just dishonest.

Pence is next in line to the presidency. He is second in command. He wants government funding to go to conversion therapy. He's part of the administration. If they didn't condone and embrace that he wouldn't be VP. They support conversion therapy with his selection as a VP. Also, Ken Blackwell, his head of domestic policy believes in conversion therapy. He said: "Homosexuality is a sin, and gay people, just like petty thieves and fire-setters, can be rehabilitated." Betsy DeVos donated to groups who promote conversion therapy. His administration embraces it, or else these people would be disqualified.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QqfsVs-vBE

GOP theme song...this is what should be played at the next Trump campaign rally

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Pence has no authority to change anything.  Trump has never condoned conversion therapy, and with the recent SCOTUS ruling, states are able to ban such practice.  So your claim that the "administration supports conversion therapy" is just dishonest.

Pence is next in line to the presidency. He is second in command. He wants government funding to go to conversion therapy. He's part of the administration. If they didn't condone and embrace that he wouldn't be VP. They support conversion therapy with his selection as a VP. Also, Ken Blackwell, his head of domestic policy believes in conversion therapy. He said: "Homosexuality is a sin, and gay people, just like petty thieves and fire-setters, can be rehabilitated." Betsy DeVos donated to groups who promote conversion therapy. His administration embraces it, or else these people would be disqualified.

Cool.  The Obama administration must have believed in magic and were science deniers since Obama thought title 9 covered the mentally ill who thought with the wave of a wand they could become the opposite sex.  I'd rather have one member of a cabinet who's a retard and thinks you can prey the gay away than have an entire administration that is anti science and believes in magic.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Why the fuck are we in Somalia... This is the shit I don't like.  Somali led mission and a US service member gets killed.... Oh well, just hate seeing this.  I prefer we lead or stay the fuck out.  Same thing happened in Iraq or Syria, we were helping Iraqi troops and then we lose a seal.  Oh well.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Cool.  The Obama administration must have believed in magic and were science deniers since Obama thought title 9 covered the mentally ill who thought with the wave of a wand they could become the opposite sex.  I'd rather have one member of a cabinet who's a retard and thinks you can prey the gay away than have an entire administration that is anti science and believes in magic.

You so grossly misinformed about this transgender shit..I mean...I get it...it's new and it makes me a bit uncomfortable as well.

But if you look back at previous DSMs (diagnostic manual) you'd see all sorts of things that were once considered illnesses or conditions that are now not.

But you need to try and separate your own feelings about this from the topic at hand. You are really hung up in transgender people. These people account for such a tiny percentage of the population. Hell...leaders of the FBI used to dress up as women.

Sexuality can be a lot more complicated.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why the fuck are we in Somalia... This is the shit I don't like.  Somali led mission and a US service member gets killed.... Oh well, just hate seeing this.  I prefer we lead or stay the fuck out.  Same thing happened in Iraq or Syria, we were helping Iraqi troops and then we lose a seal.  Oh well.

I agree...couldn't agree more.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree...couldn't agree more.

We are the best military in the world. If this was a US mission I have better faith in execution. But I really don't have much faith in the Somalis or Iraqis to do ALL THEY CAN for our boys (and girls). If we aren't in charge 100% I rather not help. And we are losing Stud Ponies too! These are badasses

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

You so grossly misinformed about this transgender shit..I mean...I get it...it's new and it makes me a bit uncomfortable as well.

But if you look back at previous DSMs (diagnostic manual) you'd see all sorts of things that were once considered illnesses or conditions that are now not.

But you need to try and separate your own feelings about this from the topic at hand. You are really hung up in transgender people. These people account for such a tiny percentage of the population. Hell...leaders of the FBI used to dress up as women.

I'm not talking about sexuality.  I'm talking about the notion sex is anything other than Male or Female and a few people out of every 100k who are genetic abnormalities.  A man can't become a woman or vice versa.  No amount of wishing or virtue signaling will change that.  I don't care how a man or a woman dresses or with whom and how they want to have sex. 

Gender Dysphoria is a bonafide mental illness and if surgery helps them cope, cool.  But all the idiots claiming they are gender fluid or the guy with a duck dynasty beard wearing a dress claiming he is a woman, or the need to put tampons in the men's bathroom or claiming that a man have birth is complete fantasy and anyone who caters to this new wave (GIVE ME ATTENTION) nonsense isn't doing so based on logic or scientific evidence.  You're either a man or a woman via the presence of an XX or XY chromosome pair.  That's it.

And I'm not hung up on anything.  ID is claiming that conversion therapy is an issue when the amount of people affected by conversion therapy is negligible and I don't know anyone who is advocating or defending it in any real capacity.  But call a person with testicles a man and prepare to be called a hateful bigot.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm not talking about sexuality.  I'm talking about the notion sex is anything other than Male or Female and a few people out of every 100k who are genetic abnormalities.  A man can't become a woman or vice versa.  No amount of wishing or virtue signaling will change that.  I don't care how a man or a woman dresses or with whom and how they want to have sex. 

Gender Dysphoria is a bonafide mental illness and if surgery helps them cope, cool.  But all the idiots claiming they are gender fluid or the guy with a duck dynasty beard wearing a dress claiming he is a woman, or the need to put tampons in the men's bathroom or claiming that a man have birth is complete fantasy and anyone who caters to this new wave (GIVE ME ATTENTION) nonsense isn't doing so based on logic or scientific evidence.  You're either a man or a woman via the presence of an XX or XY chromosome pair.  That's it.

And I'm not hung up on anything.  ID is claiming that conversion therapy is an issue when the amount of people affected by conversion therapy is negligible and I don't know anyone who is advocating or defending it in any real capacity.  But call a person with testicles a man and prepare to be called a hateful bigot.

Trust me...I get it...when Bruce made his conversion to Caitlyn, I said to my girlfriend..."hmmm...ya know...I wonder if ratings are low on kardashians (lower case k intentional) and they need something fresh...Bruce is just taking one for the team."

But in today's day and age, I think more and more people view sexualality as something you can try on and take off like an outfit. I don't know anything about men having babies or trying to change chromosomes. But I do know that a lot of gender behavior is learned and traditional. I think this is important to understand because if most of it is learned, then maybe there is an arbitrary nature in what/how we ascribe gender its respective gender roles. I think this is by far the real crux of the issue.

This really tears at the fabric of society though...you start asking some really hard questions about men and women for which there are less than straightforward answers. You really fuck with religion to its core. Isn't the most important point of religion to dictate to people how they should relate to one another? Men to men, women to men, adults to children, master to subordinate.

When sex and sexuality is purely for making babies, then it's very simple. When it's about anything more than that, that's where things get complicated.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That's your rebuttle? No one in the Obama administration was advocating for men to be forcefully turned into women for their own good, or that government should fund it. Another false equivalence.

Board footer