You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Pence is next in line to the presidency. He is second in command. He wants government funding to go to conversion therapy. He's part of the administration. If they didn't condone and embrace that he wouldn't be VP. They support conversion therapy with his selection as a VP. Also, Ken Blackwell, his head of domestic policy believes in conversion therapy. He said: "Homosexuality is a sin, and gay people, just like petty thieves and fire-setters, can be rehabilitated." Betsy DeVos donated to groups who promote conversion therapy. His administration embraces it, or else these people would be disqualified.

Cool.  The Obama administration must have believed in magic and were science deniers since Obama thought title 9 covered the mentally ill who thought with the wave of a wand they could become the opposite sex.  I'd rather have one member of a cabinet who's a retard and thinks you can prey the gay away than have an entire administration that is anti science and believes in magic.

That's your rebuttle? No one in the Obama administration was advocating for men to be forcefully turned into women for their own good, or that government should fund it. Another false equivalence.

So Pence was arguing that gay people should be forced into conversion clinics to pray the gay away.  You have any links to support that?  Like an actual quote or video, not a hit piece from ThinkProgress or the like.  I'd love to see it.  And yea, Obama only wanted to imprison people who didn't use the right pro-noun or play make believe.  You'll have to show me where Title IX covers bored 24 year olds who want to play dress up and be trendy.  16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, giving kids conversion therapy, which is where it is aimed, does not require consent. No one is forcing boys to be girls.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, giving kids conversion therapy, which is where it is aimed, does not require consent. No one is forcing boys to be girls.

Is that what he thinks? That the obama administration played a role in making boys into girls?!?!

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Is that what he thinks? That the obama administration played a role in making boys into girls?!?!

If by him you mean 'me', of course not.  Just as I don't buy into ID's bs narrative Pence or anyone in Trump's administration advocates conversion therapy be mandatory/used.  But Obama did threaten to take money and resources away from people who didn't play make believe.  Like I said, there is no scientific study to support all the pronouns and "spectrum" of biological sex.  You're either a man or a woman.  What you do, how you dress and whom you enjoy sex with is irrelevant of your biological sex.  The left doesn't want to back up their ideas with science, so they just call people hateful bigots who look at Jenner and say "If that makes him happy dressing like that, more power to him.  But he's not a woman and we shouldn't all pretend that the because he had his frank and beans cut off and took some estrogen shots, he's now a woman."  And that says nothing to the new wave of idiots who think they can change their "gender" like a Kardashian changes outfits and have 80+ pronouns that they demand you use or accuse you of hate speech.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Pence: "Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior."

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

Pence: "Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior."

I'm not going to defend conversion therapy.  I think it's stupid.  But no one is forcing it on anyone.  If you want to play make believe and pretend the man in the sky can take the gay away, I think you're retarded, but freedom of association and all.  My point, which you intentionally ignore, is that conversion therapy isn't a campaign point or even of interest to the Trump administration.  Conversely, playing make believe was a requirement of the previous administration, that tried to use Title IX to penalize people who didn't play make believe.  That's the difference.  You want to pray the gay away, go for it.  You want to pretend you can change biology by signing a paper, go for it.  But when you force others to play in your fairytale, I have a problem.  From what you've written, you only have an issue if you play make believe in a story you didn't sign off on.

Are you against therapy that helps pedophiles redirect their urges into something other than harming children?  Or is this just another alternative lifestyle.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Trump still riding Obama's cock on the economy.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not going to defend conversion therapy.  I think it's stupid.  But no one is forcing it on anyone.  If you want to play make believe and pretend the man in the sky can take the gay away, I think you're retarded, but freedom of association and all.  My point, which you intentionally ignore, is that conversion therapy isn't a campaign point or even of interest to the Trump administration.  Conversely, playing make believe was a requirement of the previous administration, that tried to use Title IX to penalize people who didn't play make believe.  That's the difference.  You want to pray the gay away, go for it.  You want to pretend you can change biology by signing a paper, go for it.  But when you force others to play in your fairytale, I have a problem.  From what you've written, you only have an issue if you play make believe in a story you didn't sign off on.

They are forcing kids to do the conversion therapy. That's what those gay camps are. So yes, its forcing teens to be straight. You have people in the administration supporting it, even suggesting government funding. I just did another quick search and I can't find Trump saying anything against it. When he's either impeached or resigns, Pence will be president and supports conversion therapy. Trump knows this, and still made him section and in command.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall wrote:

Are you against therapy that helps pedophiles redirect their urges into something other than harming children?  Or is this just another alternative lifestyle.

If they're willing to change, I guess that's good, right? Not sure anything other than chemical castration can solve it. If it's being forced on them I doubt it would work. And I reject the right wing equation of pedophillia or beastiality with being gay.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Randall wrote:

If they're willing to change, I guess that's good, right? Not sure anything other than chemical castration can solve it. If it's being forced on them I doubt it would work. And I reject the right wing equation of pedophillia or beastiality with being gay.

As do I.  But your quote from Pence made no mention of homosexuality or beastiality.

Board footer