You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This is demonstrably false. I'm not some Crowder fanboy, but he's had numerous guest with credentials. Protip, Bill Nye has a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. He's not a scientist or credentialed to talk about climate change or biology. Do you watch the young Turks?

It could be 2 or 3. I'm not defending Trump. I want to know why Comey is fired. But claiming it was to coverup Russia is retarded. Screaming for Comey to get the boot and then crying foul cause Trump gave it to him is even more retarded. It just shows that some people will bowl at the wind regardless.

I can't understand why your so  confidently convinced that there were no shady dealings when Trump has a long history of shady dealings.

What does "Shady" mean?  The Prime Minister of Bangladesh came out today and said Clinton called her to get a favorable action for a donor to the Clinton Foundation.  That's shady, but I don't know if it's illegal.  Trump had a lot of "shady" business deals, but I don't know of any that were illegal. 

Firing Comey would do nothing but bring more attention to any alleged illegal activity with Russia.  The new Director of the FBI needs Senate approval, so it's not like Trump can nominate some stooge that is going to sweep it under the rug.  Not to mention agents who worked on the investigation are still present.  So the very idea that Trump fired Comey to protect himself is absurd.

The idea that trump fired Comey to protect himself is absurd?

The whole idea is to delay and obstruct. It has nothing to do with guilt or lack of guilt.

What are the odds that this whole process of replacing comey is bogged down in beauracracy? Pretty high.

That's the whole point.

It clearly lacks foresight as well. It appears to be accelerating the process, not slowing it down. Or at the least, events would have transpired regardless.

What trump wants is to surround himself with yes men. If he can't control you then you're either minimized or your fired for "not doing a good job."

What say you RF if trump fires comeys replacement while pursuing the Russia investigation?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

The same thing I'm saying now.  This needs to be looked into.  I tend to agree with you, Comey was let go because he wasn't a team player.  That's fine for almost any other position, to include AG, but not FBI director.  It's his legal authority to do so, but he's not a dictator and he needs to explain himself to the American people.  That doesn't mean he needs to cater to James Brown (who was fucking embarrassed bad on MSNBC last night when they played video of her demanding Comey be fired just months ago), but he needs to explain himself.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Saw last night former Intelligence heads are furious the Russians were allowed into the oval office with all kinds of recording equipment. Extremely odd the American press was banned from the meeting but official Russian state media was allowed.

Anyone think this was a snarky PR move by Putin to make Trump look like an idiot and rub it in everyone's face the power he has and that our president is his stooge? Putin apparently asked Trump for this meeting to be carried out exactly the way it was. Including meeting with the guy Flynn was fired over for his secret meetings.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I find it very possible Trump didn't personally collude with Russia, but his campaign did in some capacity. Right now he's making moves that could easily fall into a cover up. Hillary had a horrible habit of making really little problems into really big issues. This reminds me of that.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I find it very possible Trump didn't personally collude with Russia, but his campaign did in some capacity. Right now he's making moves that could easily fall into a cover up. Hillary had a horrible habit of making really little problems into really big issues. This reminds me of that.

Yes, that's what I don't understand. Reports are saying that Trump is shocked that there is this fall out with the Comey firing. As I stated earlier, how stupid can he be? He's got all this heat on him. All he has to do is provide documents they are requesting (which he is refusing) and co-operate with investigators. Instead he's acting like a horse's ass at best and guilty at worst.

Today Trump and Pence have completely different stories about the Comey firing. They can't even keep their lie straight. What a mess.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If Only we had a Bill O'Rielly to find the truth!

misterID

misterID wrote:

You mean the guy who let him get away with defending Putin by saying "we're not so innocent" in comparison to his assassination of civilians and political rivals? O'Reilly was the bottom in that relationship with Trump.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes, that's what I don't understand. Reports are saying that Trump is shocked that there is this fall out with the Comey firing. As I stated earlier, how stupid can he be? He's got all this heat on him. All he has to do is provide documents they are requesting (which he is refusing) and co-operate with investigators. Instead he's acting like a horse's ass at best and guilty at worst.

Today Trump and Pence have completely different stories about the Comey firing. They can't even keep their lie straight. What a mess.

I do wonder about this. IMHO Trump is erratic in his behaivor behind closed doors, and makes emotional, knee-jerk reaction decisions.  I think he's done this for a good part of his life as well.  Anyway, I think he flipped Monday/Tuesday, about the hearings, and I think he heard word is they're digging further into the investigation. Someone probably mentioned get rid of Comey & you get rid of the investigation. As the Deputy is a bit of a Trump guy (Rosenstien?), Sessions, insert an 'acting FBI head', then appoint Christie or more likely Guiliani. I'm sure alot of aides told him no, you can't do that, it's a bad idea, terrible idea, this will incite panic mode etc.... but he was just livid and said do it. He's fired. Hence the miscommunication, Republicans acting fakely calm (Pence), Spicer giving up, Huckabees daughter says one thing yet all reports point to the contrary etc. I think some people likely tried to talk him out of it, what few were involved in the decisionmaking process, but he pulled the trigger on it and did it asap. Then, as word spread, it just backfired. Massively.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The interview with Lester Holt seems like nails in the coffin.

He contradicts himself, then Pence and finally sets himself up for an obstruction of justice charge.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump now deserves the shit he is getting. His stupidity is ridiculous. All his issues are SELF INFLICTED!!!!

Board footer