You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I wonder if MSNBC will run a retraction when Mueller comes back and says Trump didn't collude with Russia.  Probably not, the goal post will be moved further by then.

What an argument: Something that just might happen in the future...maybe.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

But that won't stop certain people from stretching the imagination to try to fabricate a connection Mueller never puts forth. For some, they're as confident in wrong doing as the pope is God is real.

You keep repeating this over and over about users on this site.  It's a lie. Nobody here is hyperfocused on "coordinating with Russia." There are many moving parts, there is constant breaking news and that is reposted her often and discussed. But nobody has brought all the info together and presented some vast conspiracy. Nobody. So you can cut that out.

Trump has asked a total of four people to make the Russian investigation go away. To me, it's safe to conclude he's obstructed justice.

Comey was fired by Trump. Also obstruction IMO.

Flynn is refusing to cooperate with investigators and will take the 5th. He also sought out a deal which was turned down.

WH peeps are starting to lawyer up.

Brennan testified: I encountered info & intel that revealed "contacts and interactions" between Russian officials and the Trump campaign.

All ICs concluded that Russia interfered with our election via fake news, data mining swing states so they could target those audiences and email leaks.

Trump has Russian business ties. He also refuses to release his tax returns. Trump does give the impression that he is hiding something.

These are some of the things we know right now. Nobody is drawing conclusions, but we are talking about them.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

But that won't stop certain people from stretching the imagination to try to fabricate a connection Mueller never puts forth. For some, they're as confident in wrong doing as the pope is God is real.

You keep repeating this over and over about users on this site.  It's a lie. Nobody here is hyperfocused on "coordinating with Russia." There are many moving parts, there is constant breaking news and that is reposted her often and discussed. But nobody has brought all the info together and presented some vast conspiracy. Nobody. So you can cut that out.

Trump has asked a total of four people to make the Russian investigation go away. To me, it's safe to conclude he's obstructed justice.

Comey was fired by Trump. Also obstruction IMO.

Flynn is refusing to cooperate with investigators and will take the 5th. He also sought out a deal which was turned down.

WH peeps are starting to lawyer up.

Brennan testified: I encountered info & intel that revealed "contacts and interactions" between Russian officials and the Trump campaign.

All ICs concluded that Russia interfered with our election via fake news, data mining swing states so they could target those audiences and email leaks.

Trump has Russian business ties. He also refuses to release his tax returns. Trump does give the impression that he is hiding something.

These are some of the things we know right now. Nobody is drawing conclusions, but we are talking about them.

Quit saying I'm fucking lying. If I have to pull your comments to prove you're lying I will. Remember how I called you out weeks ago cause you flat out lied, then refused to answer how it said in anyway what you claimed it did about Trump. You'll do the same thing now.

You've been on and on about "this is it", claiming the smoking gun is found.  If Trump didn't collude with Russia, then shut the fuck up. If he didn't commit treason, he's the president. He won't be impeached. He's here to stay. Talk about moving the fucking goal posts. Does anyone here besides Mitch or ID buy this latest bullshit - that these guys never said Trump or his campaign didn't work with Russia. This level of lying and cognitive disconnect is unprecedented. Just be honest and admit what you said.   I am literally shocked you're claiming no one here is focused on coordination. That is outrageous.

Also hysterical how you left out Brennan said "I found no evidence to support collusion". I guess that's why you guys keep moving the goal post.

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

love it.  SLC posted an overview with 12 well known & high up Trump campaign officials who it was discovered have ties to Russia.

W's former speech writer...

https://s16.postimg.org/jjxfp5l1h/frum.png

slcpunk wrote:

Here’s what we know so far about Team Trump’s ties to Russian interests

Here's an interactive graphic by the Washington Post, incredibly thorough

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics … c4d6845336

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Don't expect an answer.  They've been running away as of late because they can't reconcile the conspiracy theories that they "know" with actual evidence.

wow, rice has so many holes in her story. Not doing well with Andrea Mitchell.

I wonder if we watched the same interview.

What exactly is it that your think she did wrong?

Trump is in a world of shit right now, as is his cohorts, and this is supposed to be something? Are you guys kidding?

slcpunk wrote:

The investigation into Russian collusion/meddling has only intensified. Clinton Watts told the Senate Intelligence Committee that Russia interfered in the general as well as the GOP primary election. Flynn is now trying to offer testimony so he doesn't go to prison, and Flagg still calls it all a conspiracy.

Seriously...

slcpunk wrote:

Looks like Flynn may have flipped and is cutting a deal.

slcpunk wrote:

New documents show Trump aide laundered payments from party with Moscow ties, lawmaker alleges

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ne … a#comments

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So for months, the left has said Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia. Comey says that's not true. No credible source has provided a single shred of evidence to the contrary. Will you guys finally admit Clinton was just a shit candidate who lost because she catered to everyone in identity politics besides the group that actually built this country and keeps it moving?

Comey confirmed that there is was no wire tap and that Trump's claim was a bald faced lie. A lie that Trump still will not apologize for.

Comey also confirmed that Trump and associates are part of an investigation of Russia's election fuckery. In fact he said he would not give details at this time other than that.

And that's just some of your comments limited to the past 10 weeks. 

So who's the fucking liar?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

that these guys never said Trump or his campaign didn't work with Russia.

This is perfect example of why I can't follow what RF says...this word salad...wtf does this mean? I stopped reading the post at this point.

Summary of RF's conservative argument.

1) There is no evidence

2) Obstruction of justice is okay if you're innocent

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

This is perfect example of why I can't follow what RF says...this word salad...wtf does this mean? I stopped reading the post at this point.

1) There is no evidence

I'm sorry if you struggle to read.  But I'll break it down.  SLC is now saying that he never argued that Trump colluded with Russia.  ID is now trying to say the same.  I'll be interested to see if you back down from this claim too. 

Do you know what Obstruction of Justice means?  Obviously not, because ID and SLC mentioning Obstruction of Justice goes into direct conflict with their new claims that they never said Trump colluded with Russia.  I guess Colbert's cock holster joke was just a really vivid dream I had. 

But here it is:  "Obstruction of justice is defined in the omnibus clause of 18 U.S.C. § 1503, which provides that "whoever . . . . corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be (guilty of an offense)." 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/obstruction_of_justice

Ergo, if Trump didn't didn't collude with Russia, something SLC and ID seem to be backing away from (consider this a major victory for those of us who told them they were conspiracy theorists the past 6 months) firing Comey wasn't an obstruction of Justice.  With regards to Flynn, the only allegation made from "anonymous sources" is that Trump told Comey "I hope you find a way to let this go" or something to that effect.  Assuming this is true, how this can be conveyed as a threat or use of force completely escapes me.  But again, that claim is completely unsubstantiated and I find it quite ironic ID comes in here talking about an alleged memo showing Lynch told Clinton not to worry is obviously a fabrication, but an anonymous source in the NY Times is the equivalent of irrefutable proof. 

So for the last time, drop the partisan blinders and think about the claims you're parroting.  As I've said repeatedly, it doesn't matter what the investigation finds.; some of you put blind faith and allegiance that the guy you hated must be as corrupt as your own party was proven to be through the Podesta leaks.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Really draining that swamp isn't he?

Filling the government with billionaires and Goldman-Sachs people. Firing people on a whim. Embarrassing himself and our country at home and abroad. Failing to come through or bold face lying about campaign promises. There will never be a wall on the border unless Trump pays for it himself....but we all know he doesn't pay for things he buys or will just claim bankruptcy to get out of paying for it. He's cutting social security and medicare/medicaid even after tweeting about never doing that. Remember, weren't we all going to have bigger and better healthcare and it was going to be cheaper? And no one would lose their health insurance....right? .....right.....

I liked his tax plan because it made things simpler...and disproportionately will positively benefit me because I own a business.

But tell me more about how Obama lied about being able to keep your doctor or Hillary's e-mails....your conservative logic borders on lunacy.

What a true American hero.

Oh the privilege of being a rich, white, old man.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

1) There is no evidence

I'm sorry if you struggle to read.  But I'll break it down.  SLC is now saying that he never argued that Trump colluded with Russia.  ID is now trying to say the same.  I'll be interested to see if you back down from this claim too. 

Do you know what Obstruction of Justice means?  Obviously not, because ID and SLC mentioning Obstruction of Justice goes into direct conflict with their new claims that they never said Trump colluded with Russia.  I guess Colbert's cock holster joke was just a really vivid dream I had. 

But here it is:  "Obstruction of justice is defined in the omnibus clause of 18 U.S.C. § 1503, which provides that "whoever . . . . corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be (guilty of an offense)." 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/obstruction_of_justice

Ergo, if Trump didn't didn't collude with Russia, something SLC and ID seem to be backing away from (consider this a major victory for those of us who told them they were conspiracy theorists the past 6 months) firing Comey wasn't an obstruction of Justice.  With regards to Flynn, the only allegation made from "anonymous sources" is that Trump told Comey "I hope you find a way to let this go" or something to that effect.  Assuming this is true, how this can be conveyed as a threat or use of force completely escapes me.  But again, that claim is completely unsubstantiated and I find it quite ironic ID comes in here talking about an alleged memo showing Lynch told Clinton not to worry is obviously a fabrication, but an anonymous source in the NY Times is the equivalent of irrefutable proof. 

So for the last time, drop the partisan blinders and think about the claims you're parroting.  As I've said repeatedly, it doesn't matter what the investigation finds.; some of you put blind faith and allegiance that the guy you hated must be as corrupt as your own party was proven to be through the Podesta leaks.

I think Trump made deals with anyone who could make his chances of winning better. Whether we can prove it or not is yet to be seen. Everything about the man is corrupt. The way he conducted himself in his private and business life is all the evidence I need...the court obviously requires more.

Bottom line...I will do whatever I can to resist this jack ass...I will support people who resist Trump and obstruct him. Mostly, I'm rooting for him to fail.

There are not words for how much a despise and loath Trump...he's a symbol of everything I hate about this country.

Randall Flagg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … 193dcce8ea

At what point will Democrats demand we get answers to whom is leaking classified information?  I know these are the same guys who loved Snowden, Assanage and Manning, but this behavior is now having a real impact on our collaboration with other countries.  At what point will they put American interests ahead of making Trump look bad?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … 193dcce8ea

At what point will Democrats demand we get answers to whom is leaking classified information?  I know these are the same guys who loved Snowden, Assanage and Manning, but this behavior is now having a real impact on our collaboration with other countries.  At what point will they put American interests ahead of making Trump look bad?

The answer to this question is simple, RF.

I don't see how it's in my interest to give a shit about any of this, trump freely releases this information to Russian so why should we give a crap? We don't. I'm watching a very privileged man pick and choose which rules he wants to follow

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Trump literally pushes another leader out of the way, and that NATO speech. Jesus Christ. What an embarrassment.

Board footer