You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Another breaking story, Senate Intel committee is going after all Trump campaign communications. The Kushner thing is pretty stunning in its stupidity.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Another breaking story, Senate Intel committee is going after all Trump campaign communications. The Kushner thing is pretty stunning in its stupidity.

ID...I don't understand...why is kushner saying he will discuss his relationships with Russia Openly?

But then again...didn't Flynn say that at first too?

What does this all mean?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I know where he got this idea. From the movie with Ben Affleck when he too has a secret channel with the Kremlin. Everyone relax. We have had these for decades, according to Hollywood anyway.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

ID...I don't understand...why is kushner saying he will discuss his relationships with Russia Openly?

But then again...didn't Flynn say that at first too?

What does this all mean?

Yeah, they're giving PR statements not to be taken seriously at this point. I won't be surprised if he ends up taking the 5th also.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

What is the goal here? What are they trying to accomplish? What is the point of the Trump administration?

From voter restriction laws to gerrymandering to colluding with Russia to being dishonest to physical confrontations with constituents to being very comfortable stretching facts.

Do republicans care about democracy anymore? There is a win at all cost mentality.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Reuters reporting Kushner had several undisclosed contacts with Russians during and after election.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

This WaPo report is something else:

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

This is an extraordinary development. In what he was seeking out and the stupidity behind it.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Breaking from NYT:

Oleg V. Deripaska, a Russian oligarch once close to President Trump’s former campaign manager, has offered to cooperate with congressional committees investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 election, but lawmakers are unwilling to accept his conditions, according to congressional officials.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I know where he got this idea. From the movie with Ben Affleck when he too has a secret channel with the Kremlin. Everyone relax. We have had these for decades, according to Hollywood anyway.

They need to move on from that one because it is a non issue. The US always has secret backdoor channels to the Russians. The Kennedys did as well. I never heard of cries for impeachment and that was during an insane chapter of the cold war.

I suppose the issue at hand is exactly WHAT the channel is/was for. If so, push that angle. Instead its, "OMG!!! White House has channels to Russia!!"

Who gives a rat's ass.

I keep telling you guys, this faux outrage over every Trump move by the media and the zombies on social media is going to weaken any real scandal.

James, I don't think both sides were involved when Russia was focused on only getting one person elected.

Oh please. Russia wont take a partisan approach. They know how our system works. For the sake of this conversation lets Say Trump is in Putin's back pocket. That will only go so far. You're also going to need congressmen from both sides of the aisle if you actually plan on doing anything.

I watched his whole NATO speech. Dear Lord. His dressing down of our allies a bit over the top and should've been done privately.

People are blowing that "shove" waaaaaaay out of proportion. It is a perfect example of the media focusing on the wrong things and it will weaken the public's reaction to legitimate issues.

Board footer