You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I also know the VA spends millions on boner pills for their vets as well. Let's not say this is about costs...

It's red meat for the evangelicals, a feather in the cap for Trump and another distraction method.

Definitely does remind ya of the way the 'Travel Ban' was implemented & rolled out. Just a bomb of a decision dropped onto the public.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Cliven bundy sentenced to 68 years...damn

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Wasn't Bundy, but one of his buddies. Unfortunately.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I also know the VA spends millions on boner pills for their vets as well. Let's not say this is about costs...

It's red meat for the evangelicals, a feather in the cap for Trump and another distraction method.

Definitely does remind ya of the way the 'Travel Ban' was implemented & rolled out. Just a bomb of a decision dropped onto the public.

Yea, this was a piss poor way to implement it. Mattis had just announced a delay and 6 month study.  I agree with the idea, but Twitter isn't how we manage America. A decision should have been made in private and a group should have answered all the questions. Only then announce it with a defined date.

I expect to see some reserve JAG officer to file a suit to raise the profile of his private practice. Should be good drama.  Someone is going to file a suit on behalf of a transgender person. Could end up at SCOTUS and the court declares men can't become women under the law. Oh one can dream

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Wasn't Bundy, but one of his buddies. Unfortunately.

There's a good episode of Frontline on this. I never knew that much about 'survivalists'. If you have a Roku or similar type box the PBS app is pretty good.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Could end up at SCOTUS and the court declares men can't become women under the law. Oh one can dream

The shit you worry about... roll

if you actually knew a trans person, you wouldn't be such a dick. Then again...you might be...because something about this really bothers you to your core.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Trump is so bad he's gotten me to like Jeff Session & Rex Tillerson. Scaramucci had a bizarre interview on CNN where I now feel I'm siding with Priebus. This whole thing is nuts.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

Trump is so bad he's gotten me to like Jeff Session & Rex Tillerson. Scaramucci had a bizarre interview on CNN where I now feel I'm siding with Priebus. This whole thing is nuts.

In a way, it's a decent strategy if not for the fact it's completely random.  Ostracize congressional GOP leaders from Trump, making GOP Congressmen the middle ground between nutty left wingers and child Trump.  You also create common ground between congressional Dems and Repubs, increasing the chance some will break ranks to work together.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Trump is a grade A moron...a complete and total moron. There is no way this is strategy.

He's a fuckin disgrace...what a bitch.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

He is  definitely trying to get rid of Sessions and Priebus.

Board footer