You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Kayleigh McEnany leaves ‘fake news’ CNN for the ‘real news’ of Trump TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMxdF-C_15M

‘Feels eerily like so many state-owned channels I’ve watched in other countries’

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/kaylei … 2017-08-06

Yikes...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

‘Feels eerily like so many state-owned channels I’ve watched in other countries’

Yikes...

I told you this was coming RF!!! Finally, you have another source of news to cite!!!!

I don't wanna hear another word about 'fake news' from a Trump supporter.

Trump supporters are getting very used to wearing their shame. I bet they were in most on Sunday mornings. Say about 9 or 9:30 in the morning?

No president has ever made up his own news network. The knuckle-draggers continue to sink into oblivion. The audacity to take credit for where the economy is right now is exactly why you conservatives don't stand for shit.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

No president has ever made up his own news network. The knuckle-draggers continue to sink into oblivion. The audacity to take credit for where the economy is right now is exactly why you conservatives don't stand for shit.

You know I read where this was his intent from the beginning, but his campaigns chances of winning just spiraled out of control. But that with his DC hotel opening, he also had an interest of getting into a political news TV cable channel, probably seeing the profitability in it. A Presidential run would give it credibility, so he put his name onto a ticket, never expecting to win.

I also read where the State of the Union Address something like the rule is 'it has to be made available to the public', but nowhere is it stated it NEEDS to be offered to NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, CNN etc... so, in theory, come January the SOTU Address might be able to be shown onto Trump TV and nowhere else. I think it said something about how nothing stipulates that it can't be sponsored or something, so again you could see a sponsor or commercial during it.

Far fetched, but I agree with SLC, this has N Korea level propaganda potential.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Yikes...

I told you this was coming RF!!! Finally, you have another source of news to cite!!!!

Trump supporters are getting very used to wearing their shame. I bet they were in most on Sunday mornings. Say about 9 or 9:30 in the morning?

Do you ever feel shame and embarrassment?  There's no way you've gone this far in life and not realized how ignorant and stupid you are. How often do you comment on a book or movie and people have to explain to you how you misunderstood the whole thing.

You really are a tragic, damaged person.  I'm going to go back to ignoring you, but I wanted to remind you how little I think of you as a human being.  I know you're my biggest fan and have a crush on me. But it just looks creepy that you keep trying to start a dialogue with me after I've repeatedly told you I'm not interested.

There is no Trump TV. I don't care if there is and I wouldn't support it. I've never linked anything from Breitbart or any other bullshit source and claimed it was a factual news story. She was just appointed the talking piece of the RNC. Though you and the truther's offense at the notion is laughable considering how nearly every outlet but Fox was a friend to Obama (Chris Matthews talking about having chills up his leg as Obama spoke was really, really good objective journalism.  Nothing at all like the cult of personality from Putin or Kim).

Piss off. Quit talking to me or about me. I'm not interested in conversing with you. I've made it abundantly clear. You're not my equal. You're a badly damaged moron who thinks a Facebook post by your father is somehow a contribution to Obamacare, despite the fact Obamacare or health care in general had nothing to do with your story. That's how stupid you are, and trust me, everyone notices it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Yikes...

Do you ever feel shame and embarrassment?  There's no way you've gone this far in life and not realized how ignorant and stupid you are. How often do you comment on a book or movie and people have to explain to you how you misunderstood the whole thing.

You really are a tragic, damaged person.  I'm going to go back to ignoring you, but I wanted to remind you how little I think of you as a human being.  I know you're my biggest fan and have a crush on me. But it just looks creepy that you keep trying to start a dialogue with me after I've repeatedly told you I'm not interested.

There is no Trump TV. I don't care if there is and I wouldn't support it. I've never linked anything from Breitbart or any other bullshit source and claimed it was a factual news story. She was just appointed the talking piece of the RNC. Though you and the truther's offense at the notion is laughable considering how nearly every outlet but Fox was a friend to Obama (Chris Matthews talking about having chills up his leg as Obama spoke was really, really good objective journalism.  Nothing at all like the cult of personality from Putin or Kim).

Piss off. Quit talking to me or about me. I'm not interested in conversing with you. I've made it abundantly clear. You're not my equal. You're a badly damaged moron who thinks a Facebook post by your father is somehow a contribution to Obamacare, despite the fact Obamacare or health care in general had nothing to do with your story. That's how stupid you are, and trust me, everyone notices it.

I found some good stuff for you RF.

Here's a link at about how gays actually caused us to lose the Vietnam War.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ … n=60&x=wrt

Also, here's a link to why transsexuals actually are the reason we're still in Iraq 15 years later.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ … b&fr=yfp-t

I'm finally coming around to your way of thinking. It's that rare blend of someone who has been around the world but still seems to have the perspective of someone sitting on his lawn chair on his porch in small town USA.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/c79980c9-f … ch-an.html

we're not playing a fair game anymore...and that's ok with the Repugs...

gerrymandering, voter ID bullshit, restricting voting hours and locations in poorer districts....

you are disgusting bunch....all of you. As Dems continue to rack up millions more votes than Repugs, no one can explain why Repugs keep winning.

In Wisconsin, state Democratic candidates received 62% of the total votes and are the minority. This is happening across the country.

Republicans literally stand for nothing. Not even democracy.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

gerrymandering, voter ID bullshit, restricting voting hours and locations in poorer districts....

you are disgusting bunch....all of you. As Dems continue to rack up millions more votes than Repugs, no one can explain why Repugs keep winning.

In Wisconsin, state Democratic candidates received 62% of the total votes and are the minority. This is happening across the country.

Republicans will say time and again that this is about "voter fraud." Which happens about .00001% of the time.

They win by cheating. That's why they have a lock on the House, even if they lose by a million votes. The GOP worked feverishly to redraw the maps, cut voting times/locations and essentially add to the burden of the every voter. They argue that there is rampant voter fraud, perpetrated by people who are also professionals at document forgery. Yea...sure. The reality is that they are picking their voters, not the other way around.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Charles Krauthammer: Democracy’s guardrails are tested but hold

A future trivia question and historical footnote, the spectacular 10-day flameout of Anthony Scaramucci qualifies as the most entertaining episode yet of the ongoing reality show that is the Trump presidency. (Working title: “The Pompadours of 1600 Pennsylvania.”)

But even as the cocksure sycophant’s gobsmacking spectacle stole the show, something of real importance took place a bit lower on the radar.

At five separate junctures, the sinews of our democracy held against the careening recklessness of this presidency. Consequently, Donald Trump’s worst week proved a particularly fine hour for American democracy:

» The military says no to Trump on the transgender ban.

Well, not directly — that’s insubordination — but with rather elegant circumspection. The president tweeted a total ban on transgender people serving in the military. It came out of nowhere. The military brass, not consulted, was not amused.

What was done? Nothing. The chairman of the Joint Chiefs simply declared that a tweet is not an order. Until he receives a formal command and develops new guidelines, the tweet will be ignored.

In other words, the military told the commander in chief to go jump in a lake.

The brass framed their inaction as a matter of procedure. But the refusal carried with it a reminder of institutional prerogatives. In this case, the military offered resistance to mere whimsy. Next time, it could be resistance to unlawfulness.

» The Senate saves Sessions.

Trump’s relentless public humiliation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions was clearly intended to get him to resign. He didn’t, in part because of increasing support from Congress. Sessions’ former colleagues came out strongly in his defense, and some openly criticized the president’s shabby treatment of his first and most fervent senatorial supporter.

Indeed, Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Judiciary Committee, warned Trump not to fire Sessions because he wouldn’t get another attorney general — the committee’s entire 2017 schedule was set and there would be no hearings to approve a new AG. That was a finger to the eye of the president. Every once in a while, the Senate seems to remember that it is a coequal branch.

» Senate Republicans reject the Obamacare repeal.

The causes here are multiple, most having nothing to do with Trump. Republicans are deeply divided on the proper role of government in health care. This division is compounded by the sea change in public opinion as, over seven years, Obamacare has become part of the fabric of American medicine, and health care has come to be seen as a right rather than a commodity.

Nonetheless, the stunning Senate rejection of repeal was also a pointed rejection of Trump’s health care hectoring. And a show of senatorial disdain for Trump craving a personal legislative “win” on an issue about whose policy choices he knew nothing and cared less.

» The Boy Scouts protest.

In a rebuke not as earthshaking but still telling, the chief executive of the Boy Scouts found it necessary to apologize for the president’s speech last week to the Scouts’ quadrennial jamboree. It was a wildly inappropriate confection, at once whining, self-referential, partisan and political.

How do you blow a speech to Boy Scouts? No merit badge for the big guy.

» The police chiefs chide.

In an address to law enforcement officials, Trump gave a wink and a nod to cops roughing up suspects. Several police chiefs subsequently reprimanded Trump for encouraging police brutality — a mild form, perhaps, but brutality still.

Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said it was all a joke. Nonsense. It was an ugly sentiment, expressed coyly enough to be waved away as humor but with the thuggish undertone of a man who, heckled at a campaign rally, once said approvingly that in the old days “guys like that” would “be carried out on a stretcher.”

Whatever your substantive position on the various issues involved above, we should all be grateful that from the generals to the Scouts, from the senators to the cops, the institutions of both political and civil society are holding up well.

Trump is a systemic stress test. The results are good, thus far.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Republicans will say time and again that this is about "voter fraud." Which happens about .00001% of the time.

They win by cheating. That's why they have a lock on the House, even if they lose by a million votes. The GOP worked feverishly to redraw the maps, cut voting times/locations and essentially add to the burden of the every voter. They argue that there is rampant voter fraud, perpetrated by people who are also professionals at document forgery. Yea...sure. The reality is that they are picking their voters, not the other way around.

Your MS Word skills must really suck if you think you need to be a professional to make a Water bill.  For someone who erroneously thinks voter rolls were hacked, I'd think you'd want a government issued ID to negate the risk.  But hey, someone totally didn't get Huma Abedin's ballot in NYC as a goof using a fabricated utility bill.

I'm glad you've become a fan of Krauthammer.  You should read his books and his opinion on various topics.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Notice the two bit charlatan doesn't acknowledge that voter fraud really isn't an issue ^^^

Even a brief skim of this exhaustive report shows how bogus it all is:

http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/defa … 0Fraud.pdf

Board footer