You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I say we hold off. Arm up our military into Guam & get ready. Navy, Air Force. AFAIK we should be able to bring down ICBM's pretty accurately. If NJ does strike tho, or attempts to, I say we go full on Ted Cruz & carpet bomb the shit out of them.

I'm not saying nuke Pyongyang tomorrow. But we can't allow them to have ICBMs. Idiots may think the US is a recent antagonist in this, but NK has been threatening destruction for a decade.  We can't act surprised when they finally do something.

Years of appeasement have resulted in this scenario. China won't act because they don't want a United Korea under the western friendly South.

And quite frankly, the opinions of those who live in the bubble and think the US is just as bad as NK don't concern me.

Lol...NK isn't even close to a threat. They didn't do anything when matt and trey Parker made out their leader to be the devil.

But Trump and co kept poking the bear. If it isn't a transparent attempt to beat up NK to make America feel all good about itself then I don't know what is.

NK can't even keep its lights on.

But yea...go ahead and beat your chest and the war drum. I know your fragile little ego needs validation.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north … SKBN1AR005

This is a big deal. China saying if Kim is stopped, they'll attack the US. China just protected Kim. He can now develop weapons short of WW3. China is taking a stand and that's not good.

Trump needs to be locked in a room until his advisers say he's ready to make a statement. I didn't think China would risk that over protecting North Korea.

This is a really big deal.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I honestly wouldn't put a lot of stock in a lone state newspaper saying they would back NK if we attacked first, which they know we won't anyway. A NK war would be catastrophic for China. I don't know if they could withstand the radiation cloud, refugees, fallout, etc., so it isn't surprising they would say something like this in response to how absolutely stupid Trump has been acting, when they're used to the US President being the grown up in these situations and not the antagonizer, although it's a pretty hollow threat.

The Chinese president hates Kim. And they're busy with their own issues. There was an article that they're more concerned over SK's new missile defense system which would neuter them militarily than a NK war. I highly doubt they're giving NK the greenlight to do anything.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Trump is actually making Kim look like the least crazy of the two.

This is pretty terrifying in its stupidity. He's literally daring Kim to strike first. That seems like a bad strategy. NK needs to be dealt with; trying to provoke the enemy to strike isn't the way to do it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is pretty terrifying in its stupidity. He's literally daring Kim to strike first. That seems like a bad strategy. NK needs to be dealt with; trying to provoke the enemy to strike isn't the way to do it.

Unless Trump knows something we don't. Like, they don't have the ability they claim to have or something. Still a gamble.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is like a bad dream. A reality TV president, with bad hair, tweeting out military threats. Gawd help us all.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is like a bad dream. A reality TV president, with bad hair, tweeting out military threats. Gawd help us all.

RF sure was right when he said liberals need to stfu because the adults are in charge now...

misterID

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I was thinking the same thing...

It's getting to the point where Trump is talking so recklessly they need to realistically consider removing him from office. Trump has just made a red line, just now, saying he'll vaguely do something even if NK makes another threat.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I was thinking the same thing...

It's getting to the point where Trump is talking so recklessly they need to realistically consider removing him from office. Trump has just made acted line, just now, saying he'll vaguely do something even if NK makes another threat.

By any means necessary they may need to remove him...but I have to ask...maybe that's what he really wants. His ego is too big to quit. If he's forced he can play the martyr roll.

Trump just wants to get fatter and uglier in his golden years. Allow him to eat, golf and be straight edge somewhere out of the public eye.

My only solace right now is that he's clearly aging. He looks sick and gross (more than usual) lately. He's paying a helluva price for this publicity stunt of a presidency.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I don't say this lightly, I don't like the precedent it sets, and I'd seriously rather have him as President than Pence, but he's not fit to handle our national security or lead our nation with a situation like this, he just has zero self control and when it comes to nuclear war, that's a character trait that is disqualifying. He's dangerously irresponsible.

Board footer