You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Can you explain why you feel that the lives of Americans are worth at least 10 times more than the lives of Koreans?

I'm an American.  Sorry if that's not the answer you want, but on a completely abstract level, every American has more potential to make the world a better place than North Koreans. South Koreans too. They've sat for 70 years with guns pointed at them, and have never taken the initiative to defend themselves and end the threat.

In the event of WW3, NK doesn't exist anymore. There's no outcome where NK survives. So take the collateral damage out of their side now, because there's no outcome where they're the victors.

Yes...that's always your logic. I'm an American and because of that America is the best.

I remember when I was 11 I thought my little league baseball team was the best because I was on the team.

It just holds no water for me as an adult.

I wish I could view things so simply, so black and white like you sometimes. I just can't.

It honestly seems like the willfully ignorant are the happiest.

The irony of you, of all people, calling someone else simplistic or ignorant.  Look at who is supporting what you say -  the guy who thinks 9/11 was an inside job.  Great company to share a group think with.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm an American.  Sorry if that's not the answer you want, but on a completely abstract level, every American has more potential to make the world a better place than North Koreans. South Koreans too. They've sat for 70 years with guns pointed at them, and have never taken the initiative to defend themselves and end the threat.

In the event of WW3, NK doesn't exist anymore. There's no outcome where NK survives. So take the collateral damage out of their side now, because there's no outcome where they're the victors.

Yes...that's always your logic. I'm an American and because of that America is the best.

I remember when I was 11 I thought my little league baseball team was the best because I was on the team.

It just holds no water for me as an adult.

I wish I could view things so simply, so black and white like you sometimes. I just can't.

It honestly seems like the willfully ignorant are the happiest.

The irony of you, of all people, calling someone else simplistic or ignorant.  Look at who is supporting what you say -  the guy who thinks 9/11 was an inside job.  Great company to share a group think with.

Is this message board the best ever because Randall Flagg posts on it?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

So, MSNBC and Maddow encouraging showing the faces of protestors has started a trend of people outing them, which of course has lead to wrongly fingering people and innocent people getting death threats....

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

So, MSNBC and Maddow encouraging showing the faces of protestors has started a trend of people outing them, which of course has lead to wrongly fingering people and innocent people getting death threats....

In fairness, this was occurring before Maddow got on board.

Trump is encouraging people over twitter to follow a conservative conspiracy theorist right now. Shit is escalating and there's nothing we can do about it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

4 business leaders have now resigned from trumps advisory committee...this is actually happening...

I think a majority of this country lays the blame squarely at trumps feet.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump is encouraging people over twitter to follow a conservative conspiracy theorist right now. Shit is escalating and there's nothing we can do about it.

Really, this isn't about Trump. She encouraged it, and a major news agency, so if we're invoking Trump for doing similar stuff, it's okay because others were doing it first? Jennifer Lawrence did it too. I repeat, innocent people are in danger as are their careers. Not retweeting nutjobs.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really, this isn't about Trump. She encouraged it, and a major news agency, so if we're invoking Trump for doing similar stuff, its okay because other were doing it first? Jennifer Lawrence did it too. I repeat, innocent people are in danger as are their careers.

Yes...that's terrible...it's not responsible of her to encourage this but it was happening already on Saturday. I've seen many close ups of these non-descript white dudes in white polos.

That's why I'm saying this shit is escalating...and we can't stop it anymore.

All I'm trying to say is that this was happening without her.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

WHAT just happened??   That was a disaster, and totally unnecessary, jeez. Who the F prepped him for those responses.

At a time when he was past it, and said enough for it to be adequate, he goes and does this, and totally re-opens this can of worms.  That was a disaster.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

WHAT just happened??   That was a disaster, and totally unnecessary, jeez. Who the F prepped him for those responses.

At a time when he was past it, and said enough for it to be adequate, he goes and does this, and totally re-opens this can of worms.  That was a disaster.

I'm so fucking tired of trump...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'm so fucking tired of trump...

Did you see it?  Its a disaster. He starts accusing the left of being at fault, then said 'What next, we'll take down statues of George Washington?!" 

First off, he's obviously pulling these talking points off of peoples (not well thought out) Facebook posts. Secondly, Robert E Lee was a Confederate who fought AGAINST Abe Lincoln & America.  He also said he needed to 'Get all the facts' when questioned about denouncing Nazi's sooner.  How does this guy have 2 Jewish grandchildren yet needs 2 days to wait for the facts on people who are carrying Nazi flags??  Its astonishing.

Board footer