You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

I don't think Assange is done and I'll guarantee you the next dump of hacks will be of the media.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

I don't think Assange is done and I'll guarantee you the next dump of hacks will be of the media.

What can he really show?  We already know from the Podesta leaks the major networks and print outlets were running stories by Clinton before they aired/went to print.  The media has an obvious bias to the left, and Fox News and Breitbart aren't the answer.  Anyone bitching about Clinton's special treatment but remaining mum when Sean Hannity can't get Trump's dick in his mouth fast enough, isn't being honest.  But by and large, excluding the bunk extreme websites, American media is pretty damn good. 

I just don't think there's some huge revelation about the media that isn't known.  It'll be like the leaked Trump calls to Mexico and Australia.  It'll just be more detail to what was already reported on.  Are CNN and the Washington Post actively working to construct stories that push Trump in the most negative light?  Yes.  Is Fox doing the exact opposite? Yes.  Will internal emails going into great detail explaining their strategy to accomplish these tasks be any great revelation?  I don't think so.

Maybe I'm naive.  I just don't think there's some big media bombshell waiting to happen.  If anything, though I don't care, the only bombshell I'm expecting to manifest in the coming months is Mueller revealing the corruption at play to protect Hillary from any consequence for her flippant violation of classification law.  I know I won't be marching in the streets chanting "lock her up".  But it'll be enough of a distraction so that when Junior is found guilty of some obscure tax law for some real estate deal he did, nothing will come of it because both sides will have meat for their base.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If something was dumped before an election, it would matter. Worked last time.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I will say, Kamala Harris would be his most difficult challenger, especially the more I read about her and why the Bernie Bros hate her. Despite everything, Trump would beat Warren and Booker, IMO.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

But then they go and fuck it up by crying about bronze statues and giving a platform to idiots whose lives are so meaningless, they need to cry about some General who died 150 years ago.

They don't even know who they are crying about. Put a gun to the head of every person outraged by that damn statue and I guarantee 90% of them don't even know who the fuck he is.

After they get Lee taken down, they will go after Washington and Jefferson.

Yep. If they can drown in faux outrage over a general they don't even know, they'll cry several rivers over George.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

But then they go and fuck it up by crying about bronze statues and giving a platform to idiots whose lives are so meaningless, they need to cry about some General who died 150 years ago.

They don't even know who they are crying about. Put a gun to the head of every person outraged by that damn statue and I guarantee 90% of them don't even know who the fuck he is.

The same can be said on both sides, heck Trump even missed the mark. It's not just that he was a slave owner, the guy went to war AGAINST America. War. He declared war!!  Hundreds of thousands of people died as a result of that war. Lee was going to be tried for treason, yes treason. In the 1940s-50s we executed the Rosenbergs for treason in the 1950s, and here we are maintaining a statue for the guy?  Yet Trump somehow wasn't informed of this part of the guys story.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Trumps gotta be going bonkers cause no way he can pull out his "Radical Islamic Terrorists" card after saying the people chanting "Jews will not replace us" and carrying Nazi flags had some good people in the crowd, and not calling it itself an act of terror.

Wanna make a bet? lol

Nailed it. I guess you can never go wrong when you double down on stupid.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The same can be said on both sides, heck Trump even missed the mark. It's not just that he was a slave owner, the guy went to war AGAINST America. War. He declared war!!  Hundreds of thousands of people died as a result of that war. Lee was going to be tried for treason, yes treason. In the 1940s-50s we executed the Rosenbergs for treason in the 1950s, and here we are maintaining a statue for the guy?  Yet Trump somehow wasn't informed of this part of the guys story.

This may be a foreign concept to you, but Lee, above all else, represents honor, duty and patriotism.  A general who didn't believe in the war, but out of loyalty to his state, he led their battle.  I'm tired of this 21st century view of 19th century behavior.  Lee was loyal to Virginia, as everyone was loyal to their state in that era.  I know that concept is lost on most people in 2017, but States and their identity meant something.  It's why we have the electoral college.  Slavery wasn't illegal in 1861.  Lincoln wasn't interested in making it illegal in 1861. 

The rosenbergs committed treason by supplying information to the soviet union for personal gain.  Lee led an Army, didn't hide behind the scenes, and stood behind his state.  Like I said, next week you'll want the statues of Washington and Jefferson taking down.  When can we start destroying statues of Roosevelt for the Japanese Internment?  We need to destroy monuments to Jackson, since he massacred thousands of Native Americans.  MLK was an adulterer, and as progressives have taught us, rape now means cheating on your wife.  So when can we remove a rapists name from every street in a black neighborhood?  Obama and Hillary were anti gay marriage.  Can we destroy pictures of them?  This is such a stupid line of thought from people who are so bored with their first world problems, they need to remove fucking statues to feel like their lives have meaning.

The idea that a bunch of losers who have done nothing but consume and have contributed nothing to the country are in any position to judge the actions of men who changed history and gave it all for their country is incredibly offensive to me.

Randall Flagg

20841140_1501224733270855_3649180545364792080_n.jpg?oh=3a0c4aa1ccc9337ca1cfa0aeeb204294&oe=5A32E621

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This may be a foreign concept to you, but Lee, above all else, represents honor, duty and patriotism.  A general who didn't believe in the war, but out of loyalty to his state, he led their battle.  I'm tired of this 21st century view of 19th century behavior.  Lee was loyal to Virginia, as everyone was loyal to their state in that era.  I know that concept is lost on most people in 2017, but States and their identity meant something.  It's why we have the electoral college.  Slavery wasn't illegal in 1861.  Lincoln wasn't interested in making it illegal in 1861. 

The rosenbergs committed treason by supplying information to the soviet union for personal gain.  Lee led an Army, didn't hide behind the scenes, and stood behind his state.  Like I said, next week you'll want the statues of Washington and Jefferson taking down.  When can we start destroying statues of Roosevelt for the Japanese Internment?  We need to destroy monuments to Jackson, since he massacred thousands of Native Americans.  MLK was an adulterer, and as progressives have taught us, rape now means cheating on your wife.  So when can we remove a rapists name from every street in a black neighborhood?  Obama and Hillary were anti gay marriage.  Can we destroy pictures of them?  This is such a stupid line of thought from people who are so bored with their first world problems, they need to remove fucking statues to feel like their lives have meaning.

The idea that a bunch of losers who have done nothing but consume and have contributed nothing to the country are in any position to judge the actions of men who changed history and gave it all for their country is incredibly offensive to me.

So declaring war against America is patriotic?  Great, I"m glad to know if Barack Obama formed a new Republic, and fought against the military representing the Trump regime, and if he lost the war, 150 years from now you & all the Nazi flag carriers & KKK marchers would support him having his own statue, for being a 'Patriot' to his country at the time.

Interesting analogy, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic … -1.3420013  since Lee did alot of good things before the Civil War, I'm sure plenty of SS soldiers probably had some good German military & political backgrounds within them. There were probably some 'good people in there, mixed with some bad ones'. Lets give them statues.  And maybe the NCAA should name the Defensive Coach of the Year award the Jerry Sandusky award.  After all, he was a good defensive coach in his time.

Board footer