You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

A wrecking ball can be a good thing. The status quo sometimes needs be taken to task and taken down. Trump was never that man though. He was good at the wrecking ball part, but not surprisingly that's all he's good at.

Right now he's got half a dozen Republican senators openly criticizing him and is also battling with McConnell. His expansion in Afghanistan may set off the Breitbart crowd too. Bannon and Trump both speak as if his departure was amicable, but we know Trump can turn on a dime. Sometimes in the same sentence.

It's starting to remind me of the end of Scarface, lol.  He's at war with nearly everybody in his life, his enemies are coming in from all sides to take a shot, and while some still think he may get out of this mess at the last minute, deep down we know he's doomed.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Does Trump last until December?

I'd guess probably. However Mueller's team includes many lawyers who left million dollar salaries to work on this case, criminal law experts, organized crime experts, financial fraud experts, espionage experts, money laundering experts and a couple who both studied and are familiar with Russia.

Trump's war with lawmakers undermines who is left to stand beside him, but I don't think that'll be what does him in. I think Mueller will.

shot.jpg

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

A wrecking ball can be a good thing. The status quo sometimes needs be taken to task and taken down.

The Rock 2020.

Good analogy on Scarface though.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Someone shared this on Facebook. I found it a good read and commentary on the current climate of just accusing others of racism with loose connections:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20129/mik … benshapiro

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

NAACP meeting with the NFL to try and make a team sign Kapernick, who has been completely abysmal on the field, polarizing off it and the last team who showed interest, The Ravens, his BLM girlfriend posted a picture of the owner and Ray Lewis as a master and house slave. ESPN removes announcer from Virginia football broadcast because his name is Robert Lee.

Yup.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

The ESPN thing is stupid in that they announced it. I get it, it could look bad if people are watching and he says "Live here from Virginia, I'm Robert Lee", but just move him and put him on another game. Its not like anyone cares who's announcing it. And its VA vs William & Mary, I guess opening day people are syked, but a fan wouldn't know. A reporter might catch the reassignment but would they really make it a story?

Didn't know about Kaeps GF. A team 'should' sign him for football reasons. Actually he could make good trade bait. Sign him, if a playoff QB like Rivers or Rodgers goes down in week 2 or 3, they might become interested and their fans as well.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

NAACP meeting with the NFL to try and make a team sign Kapernick, who has been completely abysmal on the field, polarizing off it and the last team who showed interest, The Ravens, his BLM girlfriend posted a picture of the owner and Ray Lewis as a master and house slave. ESPN removes announcer from Virginia football broadcast because his name is Robert Lee.

Yup.

I can't speak to the Robert Lee thing....that shit makes no sense at all.

But...if Jay Cutler can start for a team and Mark Sanchez (Mr. butt fumble) can make a couple million per year...then why is Kaeprenick considered 'abysmal'?

If Brock Osweiller can make 10s of millions per year to be god awful, the why can't Kaepernick find a team?

Andrew Luck's team hasn't won many games over the past couple years but he's considered one of the best in the league.

Matthew Stafford hasn't done shit in Detriot...but commands premium money. Why can't Kaepernick find a job?

Jared Goff barely completed a pass last year and still commands a high salary because of where he was drafted.

Alex Smith of the Chiefs hasn't won a single important game in his entire career and somehow has a 10 year career.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Someone shared this on Facebook. I found it a good read and commentary on the current climate of just accusing others of racism with loose connections:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20129/mik … benshapiro

Mike Rowe is a cool dude no doubt....but an American keeping his opinion to himself? Child....please....

Even he concedes early on that the antagonizer was partially correct. Maybe we can learn something from someone who keeps his thoughts to himself for a minute.

but if our president isn't going to do it, then why should I?

misterID

misterID wrote:

WTF??????

Alex Smith led a 2-14 Chiefs team to being a playoff team the next season. The Chiefs have the best team and won more games and playoff wins since Joe Montana was in KC. Dude, you are WAY wrong. He's won 40 games in 4 seasons. Jaguars are desperate to trade for him. The 49ers went downhill after he left. You can't twist those facts. They went from a playoff team to the worst team in the league.

Cap was 1-10 last year, since being a starter he's gotten unarguably worse. He went to a SB that Smith helped lead them to. Signed a contract for 126 million, he also wants starter money, Gabbert and Sanchez don't. Cutler has a much better record and has a close relationship with Adam Gase. Kaepernick is abysmal. And that's not even counting the polarizing factor nor the headache of his girlfriend.

Why should anyone be forced or shamed into bringing an abysmal QB who is a PR nightmare onto your team? The Ravens tried!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

WTF??????

Alex Smith led a 2-14 Chiefs team to being a playoff team the next season. The Chiefs have the best team and won more games and playoff wins since Joe Montana was in KC. Dude, you are WAY wrong. He's won 40 games in 4 seasons. Jaguars are desperate to trade for him. The 49ers went downhill after he left. You can't twist those facts. They went from a playoff team to the worst team in the league.

Cap was 1-10 last year, since being a starter he's gotten unarguably worse. He went to a SB that Smith helped lead them to. Signed a contract for 126 million, he also wants starter money, Gabbert and Sanchez don't. Cutler has a much better record and has a close relationship with Adam Gase. Kaepernick is abysmal. And that's not even counting the polarizing factor nor the headache of his girlfriend.

Why should anyone be forced or shamed into bringing an abysmal QB who is a PR nightmare onto your team? The Ravens tried!

Dude....I'm a Chicago fan....Cutler cashed it in on us....so don't get me started there...

Ok...you may have me on Smith....I just remember him in the playoffs....honestly seems Andy Reid and Alex Smith should've been lovers at first sight....

BUT there are plenty of shitty ass QBs with less experience in the NFL....Cutler couldn't have had a worse attitude or worse record over the last 3 years...terrible.....gawd awful...

Ok he has success with Gase....but that's one year...not even a full year....

If he sucks worse than Cutler, Gabbert, Bortles, Osweiller, whoever starts for the Jets this year....then I have no argument....but I'm not convinced of that yet.....and all those guys are going to start next year. Are you telling me that Caep couldn't even back-up?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Cap could be a back up, but will he accept back up money? What will the backlash be for making him a back up? His crowd thinks he's Rosa Parks. What's going to be the next publicity stunt? How is his gf going to insult you because he's not starting? This would be all the media would be talking about. That's a headache that's not even worth it.

I wouldn't want Cutler, either, but I'd take him over Cap.

Board footer